What's new

Danish Cooking School Tells Muslim Students To Eat Pork Or Dont Graduate

Who dreams to become a cook? :cheesy:

And if the Imam said it was ok to taste pork, then it must be ok! Imams know their stuff, its their job.

Actually a lot do especially thanks to reality programs like Masterchef

Would you hire a cook who doesn't taste the dishes he cooks? I won't.

Would you hire a soldier who'd rather die than eat pork or beef in a warzone? I won't.

Ok what if a guy cant eat pork on the grounds of medical condition?? Can he still graduate?

The turkish student didnt want to eat pork, thats it. Plus he is accepted as an intern already. Not every danish dish involves pork, nor every restaurant in denmark is owned by danish ppl.

By the way the institutions should not interfere with religious views and duties

Ok what if a guy cant eat pork on the grounds of medical condition?? Can he still graduate?

The turkish student didnt want to eat pork, thats it. Plus he is accepted as an intern already. Not every danish dish involves pork, nor every restaurant in denmark is owned by danish ppl.

By the way the institutions should not interfere with religious views and duties

Excuse me?

You're a cook. I hired you for my restaurant. The guest wants to eat a pork based dish. Would you just cook the dish and serve it to the guest without even checking out the dish for yourself?

How 'bout if the guest wants something new. How'll you innovate if you yourself cannot taste what you cook?

You'd simply be a bad employee.

Its just like taking admission in English Medium but insisting that he will only answer in Bengali, bcs English is against his beliefs.

He should have thought of it before joining up in a Western European School rather than a Turkish/Islamic One.

Shameless Act by Danish people !!
Cooking isn't all about pork dishes, they should better modify their courses & keep pork cookery studies for people who dont have religious or cultural obligations about it.

Would you hire a cook who doesn't taste the dishes he cooks? I won't.
Would you hire a soldier who'd rather die than eat pork or beef in a warzone? I won't.

Cooking & Tasting for Professional reasons and eating stuff for survival reasons in warzones are two different things.

Excuse me?

You're a cook. I hired you for my restaurant. The guest wants to eat a pork based dish. Would you just cook the dish and serve it to the guest without even checking out the dish for yourself?

How 'bout if the guest wants something new. How'll you innovate if you yourself cannot taste what you cook?

You'd simply be a bad employee.

Why are you so interested in his employment opportunities in the first place

Do you really think all the restaurants in denmark has pork based meal?? There are vegetarian restaurants as well as halal ones in denmark.

The guy is not agaist tasting what he cooks, he is against tasting pork which is against his religion.

The Muslim students should demand a course where Pork dishes are not in the curriculum, they are asking themselves to be discriminated.

Its not about respecting a religion its about a course, guys please remove the religious bias and look at facts.

Why will a Veg hindu join a course where the curriculum is made of Non-veg dishes, the conclusions drawn in this thread are sad.

Why are you so interested in his employment opportunities in the first place

Ps: I am assuming that the course curriculum was explained before the course started. If not then the student has the right to sue them.
Do you really think all the restaurants in denmark has pork based meal?? There are vegetarian restaurants as well as halal ones in denmark.

The guy is not agaist tasting what he cooks, he is against tasting pork which is against his religion.
he should have asked for a different course..

Its just like taking admission in English Medium but insisting that he will only answer in Bengali, bcs English is against his beliefs.

He should have thought of it before joining up in a Western European School rather than a Turkish/Islamic One.

Your theory of the english medium thing is not applicable. It would have been aplicable if it is a pork cooking school.

Not every western european school expects you to eat pork, if not cases like this would be all over britain, france.

young turk brought this onto himself.... if he wasn't ready to taste pork he should've said something the very first time he was asked to prepare a porky meal. ofcourse if you've cooked something for the customers how would you know how good it is or not without tasting it. height of stupidity and bigotry by the turk.

The schooll administration should pay for this. And i would like to personally ask the imam who gave permission to the students where in the Quran it says pork and alcohol is permissible.

Back
Top Bottom