What's new

Dalai Lama misleads world on Tibet: China

The popularity of Buddhism has been declining drastically in China as Christianity thrives.

I think it's because Israeli products are better than those made in India.

The popularity of Buddhism has been declining drastically in China as Christianity thrives.

I think it's because Israeli products are better than those made in India.

In that case it would be Judaism. No? ;)

No need to detract from the topic.

China just waits that old fool to go to hell.

No need to detract from the topic.

China just waits that old fool to go to hell.

You may wait for him to die, hell or heaven in the afterlife is surely not for the CCP/China to decide.

Hell, they don't even believe in the afterlife.

So what?

Whether he is alive or dead, we just ignore him like a little annoying fly.

He has already called him son of india. Well, why not call himself son of E.U., son of U.S. and etc???

he seems to enjoy that status very well.

You may wait for him to die, hell or heaven in the afterlife is surely not for the CCP/China to decide.

Hell, they don't even believe in the afterlife.

So what?

Whether he is alive or dead, we just ignore him like a little annoying fly.

He has already called him son of india. Well, why not call himself son of E.U., son of U.S. and etc???

he seems to enjoy that status very well.

Cool. You can ignore him. Your choice.

I am glad he is such a nice, peaceful person and never indulged in the kind of terror activities as the likes of AQ do or even some of the Uighurs.

He is just demanding autonomy within China. Wonder how that makes him a "splittist" and why so many Chinese hate him so much for just demanding autonomy when China itself calls Tibet an autonomous region.

I am glad he is such a nice, peaceful person and never indulged in the kind of terror activities as the likes of AQ do or even some of the Uighurs.

He is just demanding autonomy within China. Wonder how that makes him a "splittist" and why so many Chinese hate him so much for just demanding autonomy when China itself calls Tibet an autonomous region.

It is only in your dreams. DALA definitely a dirty politician first, not to mention he was an accomplice to the slavery in Tibet.

Nope, he is indeed a true terrorist. He doesn't want to demand autonomy. His definition of autonomy is different from our definition. Sorry we need rock solid control over the headwaters of our 2 greatest rivers and there's nothing that anyone says or does that will stop us from getting it.

Nope, he is indeed a true terrorist. He doesn't want to demand autonomy. His definition of autonomy is different from our definition. Sorry we need rock solid control over the headwaters of our 2 greatest rivers and there's nothing that anyone says or does that will stop us from getting it.

Yes, true imperialism. Spoken like it is.

PS: All of Asia's mighty rivers originate from the Tibetan plateau.

China's behavior in terms of not even agreeing to discuss water treaties and rights of lower riparian states shows that it is acting as a bully, hiding behind being responsible while acting in an exactly opposite way.

The only real solution is international control of the waters on which the lives of billions of Asians depend.

Yes, true imperialism. Spoken like it is.

PS: All of Asia's mighty rivers originate from the Tibetan plateau.

China's behavior in terms of not even agreeing to discuss water treaties and rights of lower riparian states shows that it is acting as a bully, hiding behind being responsible while acting in an exactly opposite way.

The only real solution is international control of the waters on which the lives of billions of Asians depend.

then take it from us. sorry we need the rivers and there's nothing you can do about it short of military conquest. the interests of 1.3 billion Chinese come first over anyone else. China can do no wrong as China represents the interests of a plurality of humanity. We are the human race and anything that goes against China is a crime against humanity. end of discussion.

then take it from us. sorry we need the rivers and there's nothing you can do about it short of military conquest. the interests of 1.3 billion Chinese come first over anyone else. China can do no wrong as China represents the interests of a plurality of humanity. We are the human race and anything that goes against China is a crime against humanity. end of discussion.

You know it sounds eerily like the "Master race" that Hitler said needs the resources of the world to tackle the challenges humanity is going to face.

I know where you are coming from. Things change and they can change extremely fast. Empires don't last forever.

Enjoy him being a supposed nice man.

CrossTalk on Dalai Lama: CIA monk exposed
CrossTalk on Dalai Lama: CIA monk exposed - YouTube

The REAL Dalai Lama
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq7YRg55h8A

Demanding autonomy within China? How much do you know his demand?

He demands an area he calls greater Tibet including current Tibet, part of Sichuan and part of Qinghai province, which together will be more than 1/6 of China's total land. In addition, he asks all of those non-tibetans to leave after he gets his "autonomy" even though many people have lived there for generations. You call that an "autonomy"??? Does india have a lot of such "autonomy" in your own country???

Enjoy him being a supposed nice man.

CrossTalk on Dalai Lama: CIA monk exposed
CrossTalk on Dalai Lama: CIA monk exposed - YouTube

The REAL Dalai Lama
The REAL Dalai Lama - YouTube

Demanding autonomy within China? How much do you know his demand?

He demands an area he calls greater Tibet including current Tibet, part of Sichuan and part of Qinghai province, which together will be more than 1/6 of China's total land. In addition, he asks all of those non-tibetans to leave after he gets his "autonomy" even though many people have lived there for generations. You call that an "autonomy"??? Does india have a lot of such "autonomy" in your own country???

See, I have only a very high level knowledge of this affair. I have always read that Tibet is 1/6 of China so it doesn't sound odd if that is his demand. Were these areas a part of Tibet before 1949?

Second, he probably wants to preserve the Tibetan culture within China. Hasn't the demography of the region been changed over the last few decades in a deliberate policy to make them a minority in their own region?

Those areas are not all part of Tibet before 1949.

Tibet is under China control at least since Qing Dynasty. Before 1949, it was under the control by ROC that fled to taiwan, after 1949, it was under the control PRC.

I am not sure what you refer 1949 for???

Preserve tibet culture by driving all other minorities out??? Remember, he was set up at that position first by mongolian leaders (Under Qing empire Control) and then by Qing emperors.

He was only a tibet's religious leader before and tibet indeed had a king for a long long time. The China emperors removed that tibet king once for all and let him to have both powers. That powers can be handled over to him and for sure can be taken away from him.

See, I have only a very high level knowledge of this affair. I have always read that Tibet is 1/6 of China so it doesn't sound odd if that is his demand. Were these areas a part of Tibet before 1949?

Second, he probably wants to preserve the Tibetan culture within China. Hasn't the demography of the region been changed over the last few decades in a deliberate policy to make them a minority in their own region?

Those areas are not all part of Tibet before 1949.

Tibet is under China control at least since Qing Dynasty. Before 1949, it was under the control by ROC that fled to taiwan, after 1949, it was under the control PRC.

I am not sure what you refer 1949 for???

Preserve tibet culture by driving all other minorities out??? Remember, he was set up at that position first by mongolian leaders (Under Qing empire Control) and then by Qing emperors.

He was only a tibet's religious leader before and tibet indeed had a king for a long long time. The China emperors removed that tibet king once for all and let him to have both powers. That powers can be handled over to him and for sure can be taken away from him.

I don't remember the year very correctly. It may have been 1951 when PRC had a military conflict with Tibet. Wasn't Tibet independent for 3-4 decades before that (I guess from 1911-12)?

The Qing dynasty would be 18th century, the prime age of colonization (mostly European). Tibet has had its free periods as also periods under Mongol/Chinese rules.

Now the age of colonies and empires is supposedly past.

As for minorities, aren't the Tibetans a minority in their own lands? Is it fair that they be reduced to that?

Back
Top Bottom