What's new

Counter-MMRCA Strategy of PAF

Rafale is an excellent Air-To-Ground Aircraft...but does that mean it is not good in Air-to-Air role??? What kind of argument is that??? It is a true multi-role air-craft however it is more deadly in Air-to-Ground role...Secondly MKI's are still our best plane...As far as Rafale is concerned they cannot be compared because in IAF colors both are going to perform different roles...

Dude, as I said it's a wonderful piece of engineering/technology and must be very capable in it's role. Just like the F-22, EF or MKI, it hasn't seen any real combat, hence one can say it's one of the best but certainly not THE best.

Unlike the Rafale, the EF Typhoon is considered as the best air superiority fighter today, considering that while flying the 80s era F-16s, the PAF achieved three kills in as many packages against the EF, I wouldn't rate the Rafale in such high esteem.

^^^ Excellent Marketing Strategy By Typhoon Makers,
Typhoon Is Indeed Good Air Superiority Fight, But Aerodynamically Speaking Rafale Is Better. Never-mind You Are Free To Believe Whatever You Want If You Don't Understand Anything Technical....... And Just Go By Articles And Press Release.

Kind Regards

Dude, as I said it's a wonderful piece of engineering/technology and must be very capable in it's role. Just like the F-22, EF or MKI, it hasn't seen any real combat, hence one can say it's one of the best but certainly not THE best.

Buddy i agree with you...However in your words Typhoon is considered as the best "Air Superiority Fighter" even though is has not seen combat. Why this partiality??

Anyhow as said under IAF colors Rafale is going to perform Air-to-Ground role....so we are good there...

The Rafale has also had a following by the PAF staff.. and there are fans of both jets in the PAF...
However.. the Air Staff req for the J-10b was drawn up after looking at both the Rafale and EFT... taking what the PAF liked best about them. This was however independent of the MMRCA.. and currently is dependent on funds availability.

To be fair.. there is not an exact MMRCA counter strategy.. rather a revision of the counter IAF strategy post MMRCA.
This takes into account what capability upgrades the MMRCA would bring to the existing IAF war machine and how it may be used against Pakistan.
That analysis then determines what purchases and upgrades to the PAF war machine are needed to improve the ability of standing up to the IAF post Rafale.
As pointed out in the article, these recommendations include anything from purchasing new aircraft with improved capabilities.. better weaponry.. improving situational awareness for individual platforms and the AD net for the PAF.
Also mentioned are the exercises.. which allow pilots to get a feeler for how platforms perform in combat.
Observing the aircraft in maneuvers and how they carry out their missions..
Such as F-7PG pilots being able to get a good look on how the Rafale handled WVR.. how it was able to seamlessly perform A2A and A2G missions.
that information is then merged with has been learnt from friendly visits, "talkative" company reps...etc.. to create a certain picture of what the Rafale is.
That picture is taken.. and merged with the existing picture of the IAF that the PAF keeps.
The same is for the IAF.. they employ similar analysis techniques when training for combat against the PAF.

You see not long ago, Indian members labelled the MKI as the Asian Rapptor....suddenly the Rafale has bebcome the next best thing since sliced bread, there is no limit to one's envy.....just wondering in it's commitments around the globe, why does the French air force tends to go for Mirage-2000s for air superiority while Rafale is usually deployed for ground support role. ??

Because, it was indeed the best air-superiority platform at the time in Asia.
As for Rafale being an excellent AtoA, it's widely discussed in other forums. The leaked Swiss evaluation report also proves this. Rafale came on top of EFT in almost all categories including AtoA by virtue of it's much better ECM and RWR suites.

The PAF is way ahead of your idea.The JFT's have similar T/O and landing performances to the Gripen..
So in a way the backbone of the PAF fleet is capable of being scattered across remote airstrips.

Well, it is not my idea at all, employed centuries ago. Capable of being something and actually prepare such a tactics is different. I know JFT is capable of such take off and landing.

Well, it is not my idea at all, employed centuries ago. Capable of being something and actually prepare such a tactics is different. I know JFT is capable of such take off and landing.

And these tactics are now an integral part of PAF's war strategy.

rafale has been selected not just on merit.there is a lot of involvement of politics in this deal.a couple of years ago there were some news regarding rafale and it was apparently the first casualty of the deal but later on france backed out from its deal with pak abt avionics for JFT.now rafale is the ultimate winner of the indian mmrca deal.

rafale has been selected not just on merit.there is a lot of involvement of politics in this deal.a couple of years ago there were some news regarding rafale and it was apparently the first casualty of the deal but later on france backed out from its deal with pak abt avionics for JFT.now rafale is the ultimate winner of the indian mmrca deal.

please think before you write something, otherwise you will just attract flame.

whether or not there is some Politics involved in the selection of IAF's MMRCA is besides the point.
the aircraft is very capable. if you have other ideas or different PoV then say it.

dont make one liner statements without substantiating your point with details.

We have 5 to 7 year time to counter MMRCA .
Just need to enhance the planning of stealth JF17 block III. In 2014-16 here will be lots of Block II. But still it is possible to make Jf17 block 3 b/w 2016-2020.
I am not saying change the whole air frame.
Fully Ram coated and stealth color with new engine with silent stealth features.:pop:

We have 5 to 7 year time to counter MMRCA .
Just need to enhance the planning of stealth JF17 block III. In 2014-16 here will be lots of Block II. But still it is possible to make Jf17 block 3 b/w 2016-2020.
I am not saying change the whole air frame.
Fully Ram coated and stealth color with new engine with silent stealth features.:pop:

And they have 5-7 years to induct it....:D

Thanks for the heads up! :tup: A very exhaustive and excellent piece of info!

However, I would like to add that the author has not mentioned the 250 - 300 fifth generation Sukhoi T-50s that would be inducted into the IAF by 2016-17. That would be a game changer. I wonder what PAF's strategy would then be for countering the threat? I believe that the PAF would probably induct 3-4 squadrons of the Chinese JF 17 or even the J-20, though not before 2020.

PAF will have definitely planned about these sukhoi T-50s or PAK-FA............as per your concern related to JF-17 squadrons they are producing 20 air crafts per anum and the same are they getting from china.........so they is no doubt they will achieve their goal with in time frame.

As technology is getting advance and cheaper day by day. . . . . may be there are waiting for right time and right technology+ technological skills.

Same argument will hold for JF-17. It has not seen combat. Thats why I feel US weapons are superior in every way. US being the only country which fights unnecessary wars but in the process, all their weapons are battle tested.

Therefore I believe, if there is a real war scenario, PAF's F-16s will hold the key.

No where near ENOUGH F16s in PAF to make the diffrrence

PAF needs 200+ F16/52 TO TAKE on nearly 400 BVR fighters today

Back
Top Bottom