What's new

Controversy over revamping of Louisiana education system

Generally all Islamic nations are intolerant when it comes to religion. To demand a Christian majority nation to "offer funds for madrassas" is at best rather selfish and reeks of double standards.

As it is, Islam is widely tolerated across the states barring a few small towns.

What's even more ridiculous is the fact that these "activists" endorse ridiculously bigoted policies and laws passed by their native countries in the very same breath.

Generally all Islamic nations are intolerant when it comes to religion. To demand a Christian majority nation to "offer funds for madrassas" is at best rather selfish and reeks of double standards.

As it is, Islam is widely tolerated across the states barring a few small towns.

What's even more ridiculous is the fact that these "activists" endorse ridiculously bigoted policies and laws passed by their native countries in the very same breath.

What the hell are you talking about I read the whole article, it does not say that Islamic schools are asking for funding. However if Christian schools are gonna be funded than it is only fair that Jewish and Muslim schools get funding too.

However that is just one issue, the main issue is the fact that these idiot republicans are trying to push an illegal bill but thankfully it will not go through like Juice has stated.

Why are you Americans apologetic about the news ?

Your nation, culture is based on Judeo-Christian values and there is nothing morally wrong in what the Guv said even if what he said was legally wrong.

Dont fall into the faux secular-emotional rhetoric of the Islamists and their apologists. They would be the first to deny the same to others when they are in majority.

Shut up fool regardless of how the nation was made today it stands as a secular nation with no state religion so this kind of bill should be and will be struck down regardless. By the way I actually pay taxes here and I happen to be a Muslim so this news concerns me a lot more than it concerns some Indian living on the other side of the planet.

No christian wants their tax paying money to go to Jewish or Muslim schools, no Jew wants their tax payer money to go to Christian or Muslim schools, and no Muslim wants their money to go to Jewish or Christian school and for this reason alone this bill should be and will be axed. Dam far right republicans always stirring up trouble.

PS- I used these three faiths as an example because they are the majority in our Nation.

we do have Christian, Islamic, etc. schools, BUILT WITH PRIVATE FUNDS. This guy may WANT to fund Christian schools...won't happen...there would be more lawsuits than you can count. Religious schools CANNOT be built with public funds...period. We also have no "blasphemy laws", if he doesn't want Islamic schools, he is entitled to his opinion, and it is just that...his opinion, since neither will get public funds.

This is what you should have posted in the first place Juice I fully agree. However I don't like how you are thanking all of these comments by the Indians on this thread supporting their bigotry. :disagree:

This is what you should have posted in the first place Juice I fully agree. However I don't like how you are thanking all of these comments by the Indians on this thread supporting their bigotry. :disagree:

Stop calling everyone else bigots when you/your countrymen accused all Americans of having beef with Islam based on one republican disapproval of something in a part of America.

Anyways, I tend to agree with Juice that public funds should not be used for any kind of religious schools..

Stop calling everyone else bigots when you/your countrymen accused all Americans of having beef with Islam based on one republican disapproval of something in certain part of America.

Anyways, I tend to agree with Juice that public funds should not be used for any kind of religious schools..

He said two things brainwashed ignorant republicans and then Americans in general while I don't agree with the latter I do agree with the former republicans don't exactly try to hide their hatred. However how about you control your own countrymen sitting on the other side of the planet who think they have any say in our country. Auz lives in America he has every right to ask questions, same as you, and same as I. As for your boys they are free to comment but if they are just gonna spread phobias against Islam they can keep their opinions to themselves. Trolls :rolleyes:

HODGES: I actually support funding for teaching the fundamentals of America’s Founding Fathers’ religion, which is Christianity, in public schools or private schools…Unfortunately it will not be limited to the Founders’ religion. We need to insure that it does not open the door to fund Islamic schools. There are a thousand Muslim schools that have sprung up recently. I do not support using public funds for teaching Islam anywhere here in Louisiana.

I completely agree. America is a Christian country established on Christian values. If they don't approve of funding for Islamic schools then that is their right and i as a Muslim have no problem with that.

After seeing what Muslims are doing in European countries i can see why Christians despise Islam and Muslims so much.

Below is the hate that Muslim immigrants spread in their host Christian European countries:

1801578754_061ee089ea.jpg

islam_europe.jpg

eurabia_10.jpg

muslim_demonstr_europe_lessons.jpg

Sharia%2Bcontroled%2Bzone%2BUK.jpg

Picture-22.gif

This is the result of radical Islamists trying to convert Christian nations into so called "Islamic states". This is what happens when you allow too many "Islamic schools".

In "Islamic countries" religious minorities are persecuted, imagine what would happen to Christians if they become minorities in their own countries? Their state would be no different to how Christians are persecuted by "Islamic" extremists in Pakistan or any other "Islamic" countries.

Ask your selves this: Why do Muslims flee their own "Islamic countries" and come to Christian countries if they love Islam so much? Why not stay in their own "Islamic" paradises?

Let me ask those of you who feel that this decision is wrong; Would you give Christians the same rights in your countries? Would Muslims fund Christian, Hindu, Sikhs, Jewish, or Buddhists religious schools with their own tax money?

I love America as a Christian nation ruled by Christians and have no problem with their decisions, if anyone has a problem with that then they are free to leave.

Christians gave me and millions of other non-Christians the freedom to practice our own religion, the freedom of speech, the right to make my own decisions, do what i want as long as i don't infringe on others freedom and property, and the right to bear arms. One cannot even imagine half of these God given inalienable rights in any so called "Islamic" country.

Did you even care to read the article ?

So basically ...Louisiana governor plans to "revamp" the education system of the state.. Republicans ferociously support the plan according to which , "religious-affiliated" schools (Read Christian Schools) would be able to use State funds (Public Taxes) in order to improve their performance. Now , an Islamic School also apply for State funds...and all of a sudden...Dumbo Republicans realize "Oh wait a second...I thought this bill was for "Christian" Schools..Well it was but it also apply to other schools too...like Islamic Schools" ... on THAT , Republican senators withdrew their support from the bill saying "Well , we can't give money to Islamic Schools..c'mon " ...

If you have missed this quote then here it is again ... See

"I actually support funding for teaching the fundamentals of America’s Founding Fathers’ religion, which is Christianity, in public schools or private schools…Unfortunately it will not be limited to the Founders’ religion. We need to insure that it does not open the door to fund Islamic schools."

Did you see anything? It is an appalling case of naked bigotry against the Muslims.... and like always .... inferiority-complex stricken bhartis will support it...just as you are seeing in this thread ...

Why should they fund Islamic schools? Are they crazy that they would choose to go down the same path as Europe?

Why should they fund Islamic schools? Are they crazy that they would choose to go down the same path as Europe?

They shouldn't it is not about that either they should fund all or none we say none it is as simple as that. Besides the schools we have now is not the problem, the problem is keeping the kids in school most kids rather cut or dropout atleast in NYC anyway they need to find better ways to encourage kids to go to school if any change is really needed.

Shut up fool regardless of how the nation was made today it stands as a secular nation with no state religion so this kind of bill should be and will be struck down regardless. By the way I actually pay taxes here and I happen to be a Muslim so this news concerns me a lot more than it concerns some Indian living on the other side of the planet.

No christian wants their tax paying money to go to Jewish or Muslim schools, no Jew wants their tax payer money to go to Christian or Muslim schools, and no Muslim wants their money to go to Jewish or Christian school and for this reason alone this bill should be and will be axed. Dam far right republicans always stirring up trouble.

There is a difference between the political status of a nation and its cultural roots.

US is politically secular while its roots are European based on Judeo-Christian values.

Ask a white American to refute me on this point and I will take it back.

yes i agree...
Public , govt funds shouldnt be used for faith schools....
Christans are a majority in USA so its only logical that they allow some public funds being spent on christian schools.
They should follow UK example..we have many Islamic schools,all opearated with private funds and parents who want their children to go there paying something like 500£ per month in fees...
That keeps islamic schools away from public funds..
While church of england school all over UK are running on public funds.

There is a difference between the political status of a nation and its cultural roots.

US is politically secular while its roots are European based on Judeo-Christian values.

Sure for the most part it was granted I will accept that but even our founding fathers followed different groups of christianity depending on which state they were from which is why they introduced secularism into our constitution to begin with. So regardless of the "roots" America has always been and will remain to be a secular nation. That being said if you want to open a religious school by all means anyone can just not with tax payer money.

You are right, our background is Judeo-Christian. So, no..you are not at all wrong. But the religious wars in Europe were enough a lesson to us that we decided that the state could not support any one religion, regardless of our roots...

Hindu Christian Muslim Buddha they all can have there own school no one can say no as it is there right in a Freedom country
but the problem is that there might be more convert to Islam that is why they are scared

america is founded on christian values whether we accept it or not. so they could do this. it is right to prevent islam from formally setting its roots there.

america is founded on christian values whether we accept it or not. so they could do this. it is right to prevent islam from formally setting its roots there.

Times have changed...christianity is gone....
There are more jesus jokes flying around than obama jokes.....
And church attendence is at rock botom..
Compared to mosque atendence church attendence is nothing...
More owls live in churches than christians.

Back
Top Bottom