What's new

COAS warns Nawaz in covered words; Is this going somewhere?

before mushi , first hang those politicians who looted trillions from Pakistan and transferred them to swiss accounts

Corruption is a crime, but nullifying the Constitution is treason. Big Difference!

so you are telling me corruption is not treason with country ??? dude have a break and have kit kat :D

Please refer to this post for your answer, also didn't expect this from you of all people, constitution is there to protect the civilians of Pakistan and not for an institution to trample upon. Also, Army Pakistan ke liye hai Pakistan Army ka liye nahi, Thanks!

Your Answer....

We are not a vigilant nation, many among us are corrupt to the core and since a democratic government is from the people it also represents how they are, we deserve this and we should advance gradually rather than taking 12 steps ahead and then having to take 20 steps back.
Oh I agree with you. Totally, you did not get the pun in there. Can the constitution, which is at the end written on a piece of paper and stored in archives for reference, protect you , or I or anyone.. from a force with bullets IF there is no one to fire bullets in the other direction to protect the constitution?

From the Rule of Law prescribed in the Constitution flows authority, which, when used properly, gives untold strength to a nation.

Or the paper can be mulched and used as toilet paper, or to try and stop bullets.

It is all up to the nation itself what path it chooses to follow.
Exactly, so at the end it depends on whether the consitituition is considered a rule of law and the flow of authority by those holding the guns.. or is it considered a piece of paper.

However, I would not fret at all at such statements. Our military is today a much more balanced and law-abiding institution than before and many across the ranks will not take another "order" to violate the constitution easily without protesting it first. Such sentiments, that the Army is ridiculed because of one man being on trial are "planted" into the minds of men by "friends of the accused".
These friends who are part of a dying breed that knows the writing on the wall and is trying all avenues to preserve their way of life in which they trample anyone who gets in their way.

so you are telling me corruption is not treason with country ??? dude have a break and have kit kat :D

Corruption is a criminal act, and it has its own defined ways of punishment. Nullifying the Constitution is a treasonous act and has its own punishment, The two are not the same.

Our military is today a much more balanced and law-abiding institution than before and many across the ranks will not take another "order" to violate the constitution easily without protesting it first.

I would differ. Right now it is to the Army's advantage to let the politicos take the blame for all the mess, which is why they are biding their time. Nothing in the Army's mindset has changed, in my view.

Last edited:
I would differ. Right now it is to the Army's advantage to let the politicos take the blame for all the mess, which is why they are biding their time. Nothing in the Army's mindset has changed, in my view.

Interacting with many in the institution, I would beg to differ. There have been changes, subtle yet concrete changes. Yes, there are those still who think they are above the common law or that somehow a civilian has no right to tell an Army man that he is wrong because they are not considered "qualified" to do so.

Was the mess created by politicians.....NO
Did they train the miscreants.....NO
So, why are we blaming them??? corruption, yeah sure why not please do blame them, but for things they haven't done....?
Also Mushy says that he hasn't sold the secrets of country, well let's suppose that he did sell them.... what would have happened? would Indian have attacked us? really? they are a nation of billions and are accountable to the nations and the world because of their democratic set up, in short they wouldn't have attacked IF let's suppose if it had happened. But my question is.... did 50,000 Pakistanis die due to Mushy's wrong and untimely decisions, i leave the answer to you....

Was the mess created by politicians.....NO
Did they train the miscreants.....NO
So, why are we blaming them??? corruption, yeah sure why not please do blame them, but for things they haven't done....?
Also Mushy says that he hasn't sold the secrets of country, well let's suppose that he did sell them.... what would have happened? would Indian have attacked us? really? they are a nation of billions and are accountable to the nations and the world because of their democratic set up, in short they wouldn't have attacked IF let's suppose if it had happened. But my question is.... did 50,000 Pakistanis die due to Mushy's wrong and untimely decisions, i leave the answer to you....

There is plenty of blame to go around for the huge mess, including the faujis and the politicos.

Four issues:

1- free trade and visa policy with india issue
2- operation in NW
3- probably not being on board in dialogue; Ch Nisar and releasing taliban etc type of issues..
4- Musharraf treason trial.

Oh I agree with you. Totally, you did not get the pun in there. Can the constitution, which is at the end written on a piece of paper and stored in archives for reference, protect you , or I or anyone.. from a force with bullets IF there is no one to fire bullets in the other direction to protect the constitution?
Because of my belief in my constitution and the democratic set up envisioned by my Quaid i would blindly jump in the line of fire with "the book", because it is this book for which our ancestors gave their blood for, the constitution of Islamic Republic Of Pakistan!

Interacting with many in the institution, I would beg to differ. There have been changes, subtle yet concrete changes. Yes, there are those still who think they are above the common law or that somehow a civilian has no right to tell an Army man that he is wrong because they are not considered "qualified" to do so.

I hope you are right, but I will reserve my judgement until push comes to shove and the rule of law prevails.

Because of my belief in my constitution and the democratic set up envisioned by my Quaid i would blindly jump in the line of fire with "the book", because it is this book for which our ancestors gave their blood for, the constitution of Islamic Republic Of Pakistan!

Even the Constitution rests on the very shaky and dubious foundation called the Objectives Resolution. That is the corrosive acid of mixing state and religion that has been eating away at the fabric of our nation.

You would.. how many others would?
What if those that trample over the constitution actually raise the hue and cry of protecting it while they rub their shoes over it. How many see past that deception? Its been happening since 58' .

Even the Constitution rests on the very shaky and dubious foundation called the Objectives Resolution. That is the corrosive acid of mixing state and religion that has been eating away at the fabric of our nation.
Dude i'm secular myself but IMPO it isn't that harmful if the clear cut translation of Islam are made in the constitution i.e. they be distinct and not dubious.

You would.. how many others would?
What if those that trample over the constitution actually raise the hue and cry of protecting it while they rub their shoes over it. How many see past that deception? Its been happening since 58' .
The trampling done by the politicians is much less as compared to the generals, also no politician ever said...."ye aein kya hai kagaz ka aik tukra hai"

Back
Top Bottom