What's new

chinese withdrawal

Exactly. When reading these forums, it seems as if warmongering has become a virtue and seeking peace has become a weakness.

This is an issue of differences in perceptions on the LAC. Which everyone already knew.

But when the media starts going on about how "Chinese troops are 20 km into Indian territory" (based on a strange perception of the LAC) then you'll end up getting a lot of warmongering statements from the members here, not only from our side but plenty of Indian members like timetravel and 3idiots claiming that India would use Brahmos missiles to attack the Chinese soldiers.

At the end of the day, seeking peace and stability is a great virtue.

Read the post just above yours, by icewolf. Remember that we Indian forumers have to put up with that nonsense from pakistanis on the one hand, and then all the bombast from chinese members (or those sporting chinese flags) on the other hand, WHILE being careful not to invite the moderators' wrath, while responding. It's a three front war for the Indian posters here. If I reply to that post above yours, I will be the one banned.

So think of the forum from our point of view, and then you will understand why we don't let go of an opportunity to make fun of some of the trolls' stupid posts, when they build up a false narrative for two weeks, like hongwu and co were doing.

Read the post just above yours, by icewolf. Remember that we Indian forumers have to put up with that nonsense from pakistanis on the one hand, and then all the bombast from chinese members (or those sporting chinese flags) on the other hand, WHILE being careful not to invite the moderators' wrath, while responding. It's a three front war for the Indian posters here. If I reply to that post above yours, I will be the one banned.

So think of the forum from our point of view, and then you will understand why we don't let go of an opportunity to make fun of some of the trolls' stupid posts, when they build up a false narrative for two weeks, like hongwu and co were doing.

Well, it's over now anyway.

Though it has suddenly made me interested in how Li Keqiang will do on his diplomatic trip. :P

Our army totally fail this time for we got noting we want and went away.Indian keep on keeping every good thing I mean here the wholly Siachen.

Well, it's over now anyway.

Though it has suddenly made me interested in how Li Keqiang will do on his diplomatic trip. :P

Keqiang Li looks like an Indian,I mean his skin color.

So, if it is Indian territory, why did Indian troops leave?

If the news is honest and true in reporting, then one would understand that the Chinese left because they had intruded. But why did the Indian troops leave, when they are already within their own territory?
Ugh.
It's not Indian territory,the place is patrolled by Both countries,India set up camps next to Chinese camps(500m) away,now the position is pre-April 15th again.The camps withdrawn were those next to the Chinese camps not any other.

Our army totally fail this time for we got noting we want and went away.Indian keep on keeping every good thing I mean here the wholly Siachen.
Keqiang Li looks like an Indian,I mean his skin color.

They failed because they came without a specific objective. Frankly, there is nothing that a platoon of intruding soldiers could have done, unless they were backed up by supporting lines, as well as forward deployments along many other parts of the border - in other words, fully prepared for an all out border war. But such a mobilization would not have gone unnoticed by India.

It makes no military sense, tactical or strategic to send a 40 man patrol into India and expect to achieve anything. My hunch is that this was an attempt by the new leadership to send out "tough" signals to his troops and country. Or because they wanted to divert attention from their other quarrels in their east. In any case, it backfired because Indians were in no mood to step back or let the provocation go unchallenged.

It is just not possible for China to get the better of India, unless they go for all out war. (In that case yes, China has far more resources than India does to sustain a war - but whatever they win will come at a price that makes the spoils of victory not worth it.) But the days when a small unit of soldiers (or even division sized forces) can snatch territory from India are long gone, because India has enough mobility to respond rapidly anywhere in India.

IMO the new leadership in China tried to "pull a fast one", and the bluff did not work. Very unfortunate that they had to try that exercise on India, because of all her neighbours, India is the one that is most eager for peaceful relations with China. Incidents like these leave a bitter feeling, and Indians do not forget. For the next decade or more, there will be a feeling that the chinese can't be trusted. These are two countries that can work miracles if they work together in trade and commerce and industries. These are two countries that cannot afford to go to war, if they want to have any decent standard of living for the billions of people who live there.

Many Chinese were dealing with it nicely on PDF..some who weren't were most probably false flags from the cheer leading nation.
Good for India China,not a penny for the cheerleaders:cheesy:

Yeah, I don't get it.

They said Chinese soldiers were 20 km in Indian territory for 16 days.

So how can the Indians "withdraw" when they were already 20 km inside their own territory?

How much further do they want to withdraw?

A win for India would mean the Chinese side withdraws while the Indians hold the territory. But that didn't happen.

So I have no idea how so many Indians are claiming "victory"? If anything, it sounds like the Indians agreed to withdraw from their own land.
Those are claims,you do understand e difference between claims and owning the land?Just like you claim arunachal but India owns it.China claims the same piece of land as well,in which it newly set up a few camps,India made China withdraw camps from its own claimed territory,idk how you don't feel the defeat here!

NEW DELHI: Though the Chinese troops' withdrawal ended the stand-off in Ladakh, the Sino-Indian boundary dispute will loom larger in the upcoming bilateral engagement during Chinese Premier Li Keqiang's visit than it would ordinarily have.

According to intelligence sources, prior to the withdrawal, the Chinese were assured by the Indian side that their concerns over the Indian border fortifications that have come up in Chumar, as well as the recent strengthening of infrastructure "too close to the LoC", would be taken up soon at the highest level.

"This may possibly mean that the boundary issue may figure more prominently in Li's upcoming visit to India on May 20," a senior government official told TOI.

Incidentally, the assessment in the security establishment has been that the Chinese incursion, some 19 km into what India perceives as its side of the Line of Actual Control (LAC), was essentially to flag the border demarcation issue and force India to move beyond brushing aside each incursion as a "difference of perception between India and China over LAC."

The Chinese troops' unprecedented act of pitching tents and staying put for days together at the point of incursion, rather than following the laid down border protocol of retreating soon after Indian border troops raise a banner, was possibly to make a point that it was time that the border row was addressed.

The timing was perfect, coming as it did just ahead of Li's visit. In fact, the flagging of concerns over the border fortifications at the earlier flag meetings, the ITBP believes, may have been an after-thought and meant to prolong the stand-off until closer to the Chinese premier's visit.

With the troops finally agreeing to retreat, India expects the tents to be pulled down on Sunday night, resulting in an all-clear by Monday morning. But as officials pointed out, the Chinese appear to have already achieved the purpose behind their latest border provocation: to make the border issue a prominent item on the agenda for Li's visit.

Border row high on bilateral agenda with China now - The Times of India

If this is the case.... Lets hope that this issue get resolved permanently during chinese leaders visit.... If it happens i am sure both country would be happy that this stand off triggered the solution.....

The problem is that before the Indians claimed that the area was Indian territory, no compromise, but by agreeing to a MUTUAL withdrawal, instead of an after-withdrawal withdrawal, they've said that the area is now considered disputed territory.

That's one hell of a change of policy, because it may look good for India in the short term, but in the long term the Chinese may use this against India.
Just for the sake of posting,don't post BS.
Mutual withdrawal from the place where China had set up camps in the no man's land.China claims it as its own territory as well,so the compromise is from China who went in and then retreated,India was never up for military escalation,our offer was dialogue and that is what will happen now.

So the Chinese had 80,000 men compared to about 10-12,000' suffered more injuries and managed to kill only 661 more soldiers. Wow...impressive now I seen why every Chinese brags about this incredible victory.

If we had another ten thousand soldiers it wouldnt have been a victory for the chinese, besides Nehru didnt want to escalate the war and refused to send in AF and more troops, it was only much after when the chinese reached near Assam that Nehru understood the gravity of the situation and agreed to send in more troops, and as Indian troops began accumulating for the assault, the chinese unilaterally retreated.

No doubt, another decisive VICTORY(Indian style) for Indians against the Chinese, man, will we (Chinese) ever learn anything from the 3 previous painful lessons? Guess not huh?

(1) First blood: 1962 border war: "Decisive Indian MORAL Victory":yahoo:
UmQfVU2.png

(2) Hard jab: 1967 Chola incident: "Decisive Indian Victory" heavy casualties(10.000) on Chinese side:cheesy:
ELmh4Qu.png

(3) Knock out punch: 1987 Sino-Indo skirmish: "Decisive Indian Victory" through a hard fought battle
5f2svWu.png

80000 vs 10000/12000 wow.... chinese soldiers are very brave they fought 8:1.....:omghaha::china::omghaha:......... but 1697 wounded and 722 killed.... what an achievement sir g...

Indians are barking dogs...
Remember that a barking dog never bites.

post reported...

Indians are barking dogs...
Remember that a barking dog never bites.

post reported...

The problem is that before the Indians claimed that the area was Indian territory, no compromise, but by agreeing to a MUTUAL withdrawal, instead of an after-withdrawal withdrawal, they've said that the area is now considered disputed territory.

That's one hell of a change of policy, because it may look good for India in the short term, but in the long term the Chinese may use this against India.

You are likening it to an intruder who has come into your house and then per agreement both leave the house. That depiction is incorrect, think of it like a garden where cattle trundles in, after they have left you will not forever camp in the garden.

But you are free to walk in it whenever you please. There is no guarantee that cattle wont stray in again, but you will beat them back, this time more aggressively.

No doubt, another decisive VICTORY(Indian style) for Indians against the Chinese, man, will we (Chinese) ever learn anything from the 3 previous painful lessons? Guess not huh?

(1) First blood: 1962 border war: "Decisive Indian MORAL Victory":yahoo:
UmQfVU2.png

(2) Hard jab: 1967 Chola incident: "Decisive Indian Victory" heavy casualties(10.000) on Chinese side:cheesy:
ELmh4Qu.png

(3) Knock out punch: 1987 Sino-Indo skirmish: "Decisive Indian Victory" through a hard fought battle:lol:
5f2svWu.png

I cannot see the Causality Figure in 3rd Pic???? Photoshop???? :undecided:

Exactly. When reading these forums, it seems as if warmongering has become a virtue and seeking peace has become a weakness.

This is an issue of differences in perceptions on the LAC. Which everyone already knew.

But when the media starts screaming about how "Chinese troops are 20 km into Indian territory" (even though they already knew the border is not demarcated) then you'll end up getting a lot of warmongering statements from the members here, not only from our side but plenty of Indian members like timetravel and 3idiots claiming that India would use missiles to attack the Chinese soldiers.

At the end of the day, seeking peace and stability is a great virtue.

you might miss psyops posts.... man, he made me to hate the chinese attitude.... he posted totally disastrous posts.... a platoon barely can do anything.... but the loud came out from some specific members is disgusting ..... lame attitude...... I don't know why most people thinking maturity as coward...look now, the issue settled peacefully without firing bullet... If India showed aggressive attitude, by this time we might stick to the TV's watching both sides getting bombed....

Back
Top Bottom