What's new

Chinese UAV News & Discussions (Strictly)

I hope so but so far I heard no confirmation.

Besides that I would like to know what's under that paper hidden... a serial number (PLAAF??), a foreign flag (Egypt???) or what else?

Deino

http://www.cannews.com.cn/2018/0108/170196.shtml

“2017年8月,“翼龙”Ⅱ无人机科研组与飞行员组一行抵达A国某基地,何俊麒就是其中的一员。从2017年春节后到国内外场试飞,一直到国外交付,何俊麒一直马不停蹄。作为复装组组长,他带领团队以4天/架次的速度,迅速进行“翼龙”Ⅱ无人机吊卸、恢复机体、恢复性试验、全机状态检查、发动机开车。随后,在交付组组长李少华的指挥下,团队仅用11个工作日就圆满完成了共8个架次的飞行,其中包括6个科研鉴定试飞架次。此阶段任务的圆满完成为后面的交付工作奠定了坚实基础,极大地增强了整个团队的信心,鼓舞了用户。

为顺利交付、守住节点,“翼龙”Ⅱ党员突击队针对用户出的考核题目,制定了周密的飞行计划。首个考核科目便是一站双机,由用户随机挑选两架无人机来执行,现场按照国内总结的经验流程,从总指挥到飞行员到链路员到机务等各个岗位无缝对接,于当地时间2017年10月8日10时56分至13时03分顺利完成一站双机飞行。次日紧接着完成了升限飞行科目,“翼龙”Ⅱ无人机在37分钟的时间内飞到了9100米的高度,用户对此非常满意。“翼龙”Ⅱ无人机接下来的表现更让用户叹为观止,5天时间顺利完成了断链自主返航、长航时、移动靶试、空中控制权交接、SAR对海模式等考核科目。用户在认可“翼龙”Ⅱ无人机的系统、功能、性能之棒的同时也极大称赞了现场团队的工作作风与能力。

交付任务的顺利完成,是团队背后的辛勤付出,是团队与困难斗智斗勇的体现。两个半月,25个架次近100飞行小时,“翼龙”Ⅱ党员突击队顺利地完成了科研交付任务,为首批“翼龙”Ⅱ无人机交付画上了美丽的句号。”

August 2017, the research team and pilots of Wing Loong II came to a base of country A. They flew 8 sorties, include 6 R&D product evaluation sorties, within 11 workdays.
The Wing Loong II UAV has successfully conducted the "control of two vehicles with one station" from local time 10:56 to 13:03 in October 8th, 2017.
In the next day, the Wing Loong II UAV tested its ceiling, which climbed to 9100 meters within 37 minutes.
Within the next 5 days, Wing Loong II UAV completed a sets of evaluation included Maximum Range, Autonomous Returning System, Running Target, SAR radar mode for ocean and Connection Management.
This team successfully delivered the UAV to customer after approximate 100 hours, 25 flights within two and half months.

Last edited:
Due to my poor English skill, I spent many time to translate it. The only question is - what's Country A?
I believe it is Arab Saudi (Al-Arabia As-Saudiyah), or Kingdom of Saudi Arabia in English.

FvJusXhz1nSKsjQ4IzYQVEg2W2wV.JPG

FnFAduc23kv50SbkjcrTN2oWWc0k.JPG

video from CAC -> http://v.qq.com/iframe/player.html?vid=w0531lv67e0&auto=0&

Congrats. :china:

Number says something like SW?-001 ??? can anyone read better?

.. and even more: This is not the twin-engine CAC UAV Wind Shadow we saw in November, but the single engine Cloud Shadow? Or am I wrong?

Deino

Congrats. :china:

Number says something like SW?-001 ??? can anyone read better?

.. and even more: This is not the twin-engine CAC UAV Wind Shadow we saw in November, but the single engine Cloud Shadow? Or am I wrong?

Deino

It is single engine Cloud Shadow. Zhengdu cannot shot a video about Wind Shadow in this year, it is still seceret project.

Just noticed ... it's the original Sky Wing ?!!

CAC Cloud Shadow UAV - 20180110 - 6 Sky Wing.jpg
CAC Cloud Shadow UAV - 20180110 - 2 Sky Wing.jpg
CAC Cloud Shadow UAV - 20180110 - 5.jpg

Anyone with an idea, how recent these images are?

Last edited:
I always think Shadow series UAVs are the follow-on of Sky-wind-3. Looks like they developed several Sky-wind-3, then created Shadow series base on that.

By the way, there are several sources - esp. in the West - quoting UAV called BZK-009 sometimes also called WZ-2000.

IMO I'm very much sceptical on this type esp. since we only know this image below but nothing more ... could it be that this model WZ-2000 is in fact a predecessor to the original Sky Wing that later evolved into the family of Shadow-UAVs as you say?

Or do you know this mysterious WZ-2000 or BZK-009??

Deino

WZ-2000 or BZK-009.jpg

By the way, there are several sources - esp. in the West - quoting UAV called BZK-009 sometimes also called WZ-2000.

IMO I'm very much sceptical on this type esp. since we only know this image below but nothing more ... could it be that this model WZ-2000 is in fact a predecessor to the original Sky Wing that later evolved into the family of Shadow-UAVs as you say?

Or do you know this mysterious WZ-2000 or BZK-009??

Deino

View attachment 447431

WZ-2000 = WuZhen-2000 = 无侦-2000 = 无人帧察-2000 = unmanned scout -2000

Some old sources indicated WZ-2000 is the old design of AVIC Guizhou Aircraft industrial company. And Skywind series is the design of AVIC CAC. CAC's prject defeated GAC's one.

But isn't CAC/611 closely working together with Guizhou? ... I read somewhere even on the Sky Wing,

But by your info the WZ-2000 is a failed design? But what then is or was the BZK-009?

But isn't CAC/611 closely working together with Guizhou? ... I read somewhere even on the Sky Wing,

But by your info the WZ-2000 is a failed design? But what then is or was the BZK-009?

http://mil.news.sina.com.cn/2014-01-11/1704759570.html

WZ-2000 was a very old project, a report by Guizhou Daily indicated the WZ-200 made its maiden flight in December 26th, 2003. CAC and Guizhou working together in recent years.

Back
Top Bottom