What's new

Chinese Prototype For Electromagnetic Catapults For Aircraft Carriers

Indeed, It is primarily for the nuclear supercarrier but due to Tibet altitude, it takes longer runway for fighter to take off, so with cataputs system, we can shortened the take off...we can basically reduce the size of airfield.

No one ever mentioned this, but it is definitely a good suggestion, maybe they should take in this into account. :coffee:

We should call "India centric airfiel design" :D as how they call Agni-5 "chinese-centric missle"

Hopefully don't bring India into this thread, since i don't want one more thread turns into another trolling fest. :coffee:

how do you know its electromagnetic catapults?

1. The one in southern Shanghai looks extremely similar to the one in Lakehurst.

2. Professor Ma received the first class merit many times, and his most recent project is about the catapult.

3. Many insiders all have confirmed the existence of the EMALS project.

With maglev train technology we have :D I think it's just an extensive miniaturize of this technology....I can be wrong

Last edited by a moderator:
1. The one in southern Shanghai looks extremely similar to the one in Lakehurst.

2. Professor Ma received the first class merit many times, and his most recent project is about the catapult.

3. Many insiders all have confirmed the existence of the EMALS project.
arh````insiders again`!!`but anyway I dont care whether its steam catap or elec catap, as long as its not ski jump``ski jump will seriosuly undermine J-15 or J-16 capability

With maglev train technology we have :D I think it's just an extensive miniaturize of this technology....I can be wrong

It is definitely related to the EMALS, they were smart to acquire the relevant technology by using the civilian cooperation project as a token. :coffee:

but to 'shoot' a 20 tones plane into sky within few second needs lots of energy

arh````insiders again`!!`but anyway I dont care whether its steam catap or elec catap, as long as its not ski jump``ski jump will seriosuly undermine J-15 or J-16 capability

This is our navy AEW, this aircraft is impossible to takeoff and to land on Varyag, so this means our indigenous carriers will use the catapult system. :coffee:

120320161278210.jpg

German are honnest people..grad if the Maglev deal could help them recover some cost...win-win

Definitely, this is a win-win situation for both, and i do remember a lot of Chinese netizens did diss CPC for spending so much money to acquire the Maglev technology from Germany, now it seems that our government possesses a much farther sight than the ordinary folks. :coffee:

Any pics of how big the capacitor bays are for storing that energy?

Back
Top Bottom