What's new

Chinese Prototype For Electromagnetic Catapults For Aircraft Carriers

Götterdämmerung;2889867 said:
It's called general education or general knowledge. The Götterdämmerung is not only music composed by Wagner but also the foundation of the Germanic/Nordic culture.

It is a repertoire of operas based loosely on the Norse gods mythology. Not foundation. If anything it talks about foundations and not knowing it does not warrant you freedom to state I have no idea about Thor, Odin, Valhala etc...

Knowing classical music does not exclude me of being up to date with the latest club music, Mr. Simpleton!

That sentence excludes you from being a club go-er.

the most expensive HP laptop is under 700 €

HP EliteBook 8460p Notebook PC for $1,259 - Laptop & Tablet PC Deals & Offers = 951€, not the only model exceeding 700€.

/edit: HP Elitebook 8760w Mobile Workstation - EliteBook Mobile Workstation = ~1900€

, the most expensive Samsung laptop NP700G7A-S02DE around 1500 €.

Im not sure at what you are getting here. Standard models and top models of Lenovo are just about in the same price range and not more expensive, they are actually a bit less (minimal difference). Adding to that, Lenovo just inherited IBM's prices (overblown) and you to claim that China makes high end user brands on the basis of Lenovo's price is just ludicrous.

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/deweb/LenovoPortal/de_DE/catalog.workflow:expandcategory?issBase=ProductsCategory&issCategory=/Notebooks/ThinkPad%20notebooks

May I ask you why you brought in the iPod and Nokia both of which are not related to a laptop?

To illustrate what middle and upper middle class have and that it is not Huawei, ZTE or Lenovo.

Do you also know that IBM was the most expensive computers for professionals when it was still producing laptops? Professionals used IBM because it was reliable, particularly people in the IT industry (who should know what is a good computer) loved the ThinkPad.

IBM started the business of computers and laptops and was cranking up it's prices because of that. As laptops go, ThinkPads didn't bring anything revolutionary recently, just another laptop.
They were only popular with governments and institutions because of their reliability.
And Lenovo inherited everything, from the tooling to the customers.
Mind you, this isn't so much a diss at Lenovo, more at IBM. Lenovo just bought the company that makes the blandest, albeit reliable computers.

Err, that website sells various Chinese high-end hi-fi brands, duh! And stop being dishonest! You claimed that there are not a single one Chinese product in the upscale market.

Can you show some market share for that gear? No, I dont think so too. But for the sake of argument, you are correct. However it does in no way extend to the likes of the above mentioned brands.
Also, it's a largely unknown product in a niche market.

We are hugely off-topic btw.

It is a repertoire of operas based loosely on the Norse gods mythology. Not foundation. If anything it talks about foundations and not knowing it does not warrant you freedom to state I have no idea about Thor, Odin, Valhala etc...

For an educated European, one should at least have the basic knowledge of our cultural foundation and legends.

That sentence excludes you from being a club go-er.

If you only knew ...
party2.gif

Im not sure at what you are getting here. Standard models and top models of Lenovo are just about in the same price range and not more expensive, they are actually a bit less (minimal difference). Adding to that, Lenovo just inherited IBM's prices (overblown) and you to claim that China makes high end user brands on the basis of Lenovo's price is just ludicrous.

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/deweb/LenovoPortal/de_DE/catalog.workflow:expandcategory?issBase=ProductsCategory&issCategory=/Notebooks/ThinkPad%20notebooks

My bad, I just made a quick search. So, Lenovo and HP are in the similar price category. So, Lenovo has not changed anything since they took over IBM PC seven years ago? And their steady growth to the top 2 position is not a sign of success?

To illustrate what middle and upper middle class have and that it is not Huawei, ZTE or Lenovo.

And you know all the middle and upper class in Europe. I guess the 2000 € Lenovo Thinkpad are used by the lower class then.

IBM started the business of computers and laptops and was cranking up it's prices because of that. As laptops go, ThinkPads didn't bring anything revolutionary recently, just another laptop.
They were only popular with governments and institutions because of their reliability.
And Lenovo inherited everything, from the tooling to the customers.
Mind you, this isn't so much a diss at Lenovo, more at IBM. Lenovo just bought the company that makes the blandest, albeit reliable computers.

Don't you think that reliability has a price and is one of the most important criteria in the business world? Or do you think that a computer that breaks down every second day and your data are getting lost is the secret to be successful in the business world?

Can you show some market share for that gear? No, I dont think so too. But for the sake of argument, you are correct. However it does in no way extend to the likes of the above mentioned brands.
Also, it's a largely unknown product in a niche market.

We are hugely off-topic btw.

Luxury is always a niche product. Not many people pay the price of a small car to buy a stereo system.

Götterdämmerung;2890286 said:
For an educated European, one should at least have the basic knowledge of our cultural foundation and legends.

Right....cultural foundations i know about, however you are tripping (trying to pin lack of education on me) here because i dont know the works from Wagner. You are also making it something it isnt in the process (ie foundation). Spare me.

My bad, I just made a quick search. So, Lenovo and HP are in the similar price category. So, Lenovo has not changed anything since they took over IBM PC seven years ago? And their steady growth to the top 2 position is not a sign of success?

Top 2 position where? In the world?
Lenovo is a market leader in China, selling stuff on the cheap getting market share with "upper middle class products"? Sell your skewed truths to someone else. Preferably to the chicom clones thanking your posts. They'll believe it.
IBM when it was sold to Lenovo was doing pretty badly if memory serves correct. So, yes, progress has been made, but you are painting it way too enthusiastically.

And you know all the middle and upper class in Europe. I guess the 2000 € Lenovo Thinkpad are used by the lower class then.

Show me the 2k€ laptop. I didn't find any, top price was 1700€.
No, i do not know all of the middle and upper middle classes, ofcourse not, now you are resorting to cheap shots. However i do know some and their choices are quite representative..

Don't you think that reliability has a price and is one of the most important criteria in the business world? Or do you think that a computer that breaks down every second day and your data are getting lost is the secret to be successful in the business world?

Ofcourse, however reliability does not warrant you to start being complacent in other areas. IBM slept on the glory of the 90's when they were pretty much the best manufacturer-largely because laptop market was something new. From the era of massive government contracts that brought a lame 486 into every office. Things change and IBM fell behind. When i started working in the early 2000's, i saw people with ThinkPads, yes, nowadays i see ThinkPads in minority.

@ Audio

We have been off topic for too long. Mayday is over, I need to get my projects done. You know what?

prize.jpg
:)

Lenovo surpassed Dell as the world's 2nd biggest pc brand last year. Just google it

Lol, Audio got taken to school by gotterdammerung. Haters are so entertaining!

Btw people shouldn't be surprised if china comes up with a emals. China is one of the few countries in the world possessing the will and the technology background to build an electrical catapult.

Audio doesn't seem to realize that no one can afford Huawei's "high end" stuff, because its not for consumers. Even a billionaire won't buy a billion dollar telecom network for private use.

Back
Top Bottom