What's new

Chinese is the new English

Learning Chinese is fun, everyone should try it sometimes. hmm.

I really don't see Chinese toppling English anytime soon. It will probably share with Spanish the status of most important secondary language.

It seems hard to learn. I tried learning Japanese once but the characters are very hard to read, and I've heard there are 300 of them in Mandarin.

It seems hard to learn. I tried learning Japanese once but the characters are very hard to read, and I've heard there are 300 of them in Mandarin.

Way more than that. There are thousands and thousands of Hanzi (Chinese characters).

Japanese also write with Hanzi, which in Japanese is called Kanji. They need to learn at least 2000 Chinese characters before they can graduate from high school, in order to be literate enough to read Japanese newspapers without problems.

Kanji - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

... China will never import anything. It will just export stuff, so they need to learn English, cause Americans speak English, and that is exactly what is happening.

China never imports anything?

What a lunatic raving!

China Imports

Imports in China increased to 1830.70 USD Hundred Million in March of 2013 from 1241.18 USD Hundred Million in February of 2013. Imports in China is reported by the General Administration of Customs. Historically, from 1983 until 2013, China Imports averaged 367.63 USD Hundred Million reaching an all time high of 1830.70 USD Hundred Million in March of 2013 and a record low of 16.60 USD Hundred Million in July of 1983.

china-imports.png

China Imports

Perhaps you are right that the Chinese studying English is for doing business with British and Americans.

What are Indians learning English for? For better serving their colonial master? :hitwall:

Elite language? :lol:

You may laugh because of your ignorance.

Do you know why China is the country that keeps the longest, continuous, written history in the world?

It is because its language. Chinese people today can read history written 6000 years ago on turtle back, that westerners call "Oracle bone".

Do you know why India history is only recorded in fragmented pieces, many are lost? One reason is perhaps you language is not "elite" enough.

You may laugh because of your ignorance.

Do you know why China is the country that keeps the longest, continuous, written history in the world?

It is because its language. Chinese people today can read history written 6000 years ago on turtle back, that westerners call "Oracle bone".

Do you know why India history is only recorded in fragmented pieces, many are lost? One reason is perhaps you language is not "elite" enough.

*facepalm*

Mate I made that comment in 2011! WTF:cheesy:

I don't think any language is "elite". I don't wanna argue whose language is elite and whose isn't. Cause its quite pathetic.

I don't think I prefer manderin much more just because I'm a native speaker.Actually every one will love to speak it in daily life if grasp it well enough.
Writing system is another matter,many modern chinese words are introduced from japan even acronyms.
20130412143705466.jpeg

Putonghua-Chinese is a great language
japanese has adopted many Chinese characters as their language

Putonghua-Chinese sounds like music and it is written like artistic pictures

Putonghua-Chinese is a great language
japanese has adopted many Chinese characters as their language

Putonghua-Chinese sounds like music and it is written like artistic pictures
I have a feeling when chinese actors speaking Mandarin in standard level the sound seems not come out from their throat but come out from their soul directly without any manual effort.

I have a feeling when chinese actors speaking Mandarin in standard level the sound seems not come out from their throat but come out from their soul directly without any manual effort.

actors speak from scripts

Unless the movies require, Putonghua has to be spoken to standard, and as natural as it can be or otherwise dubbed

Actually there is no language called Chinese, same applied to Indians, somebody thinks Indians speak indians, actually there is no language named Indian.

Back
Top Bottom