What's new

CHINA SEEKS INFLUENCE IN INDIAN OCEAN THROUGH AID TO SRI LANKA: USA

Nothing much.

Just the issue of being inhuman and ruthless bordering on butchery.

It is like a man becoming a millionaire after 50 years of hard work and a man becoming a millionaire in 4 days.

The man who in four days becomes a millionaire has either won a lottery or he has robbed a bank or he has done something illegal to acquire wealth disproportionate to his known income.

Or

Butchering 1000 lambs over a month as meat supply to the population vs butchering 1000 lambs overnight.

Butchering 1000 lambs overnight would mean some festival is on but if it were not so, then it would be wanton masochism and savagery!

You have a strange way of thinking. In my sense of 'ethics,' the time frame does not matter. Life is life and killing is killing. Comparing the loss of human life to "earning money" or building a "meat supply" is not only crude but a very poor analogy.

India is in such a friendly neighbors such as Pakistan, China, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Iran

Your point being?

Too esoteric!

I have also not understood how India could be into any country, neighbour or otherwise.

You can move the land mass.

To clarify my consternation, I would like to ask you if your read the papers and are conversant with the world affairs on a daily basis.

If you do, then do educate us as to what is erroneous in my post that seem to have perked you up!

You have a strange way of thinking. In my sense of 'ethics,' the time frame does not matter. Life is life and killing is killing. Comparing the loss of human life to "earning money" or building a "meat supply" is not only crude but a very poor analogy.

it is not so strange as you might think.

Just check what is written below my moniker.

To use a cliché - Been there, done that!

Used the analogy to explain as best as I could with a civilian example, but I find that I have horrified you with the animal butchery analogy.

Surprising isn't it that you were not horrified at the butchery that happened in the dying days of the LTTE.

Iran is not our neighbour..FAIL in geography 101. It is your neighbour and not very friendly.

Iran is defintely a neighbour of India. Not an immediate neighbour sharing borders with India but a neighbour nontheless.

it is not so strange as you might think.

Just check what is written below my moniker.

To use a cliché - Been there, done that!

Um, it is quite strange. Basically what you're saying that is it is OK to kill people a few at a time ("civilised"), but not to kill many at a time ("brutal").

That makes no sense whatsoever to me, sorry. Killing is killing.

Surprising isn't it that you were not horrified at the butchery that happened in the dying days of the LTTE.

Ah yes... no butchery occurred during the last 20 years... it only happend in the dying days of the LTTE.

Silly me.

Iran is defintely a neighbour of India. Not an immediate neighbour sharing borders with India but a neighbour nontheless.

I dont want to argue like a child, but this.....

Please include russia, US, Australia etc..yeah no borders but neighbors.:lol:

Russia is angry with India- bcos we kicked out MIG 35
US angry- No F16, F18.
Australia angry- Did not sign NPT.

many many more countries are waiting in line to be angry with India.

India is in such a friendly neighbors such as Pakistan, China, Nepal, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Iran,

for the rest You may peruse Post 41 of this thread see how China's manufacturing is to excel to the top level.
http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/119063-china-trounce-u-s-next-decade-3.html#post1925848

Are you serious about what you wrote in the Post 41?

So what, china's still the world's largest manufacturer, which the US has dominated for 100 year till 2009, I guess China will maintain this No.1 for another 100 years till some other country (india?) take over.

China's manufacture moves up, shedding off low end product such as clothing, shoes to Vietname, India, Walmart already sell more Vietnam made shoes for the second years, more cloth are made in Mexico and India, Bangladesh.

China's massive market is already up so it will not rely on export. This huge market is fueled by its super efficient infrastructure, those super nova Highways, High speed trains, Hundreds of new airports, Fiber broadband networking, and the best Portable device Wifis ( Mobile Phone networks), Super machines, Mega Projects, etc., All these areas China is ahead of the US.

there is a Chinese economic news updates in China defense section, sticky threads, drop by sometime, all amazing news.

Seem to have overlooked Post 40 have you?

On China's manufacturing

Manufacturers are looking beyond China because China is no longer ipso facto the cheapest place to manufacture.

China manufacturing prices are rising due to in large part to its rising labor costs. In an FT.com article by Josh Noble, entitled, "The end of cheap: China's tipping point," a number of economists theorize that China's demographics have changed such that we should continue to expect China's wages to rise and its manufacturing to decline. An FT Tilt (a new FT site focusing on emerging markets) article by Hannah Kuchler, entitled, "Coach the latest to cut China production," highlights a number of foriegn companies reducing their China manufacturing:
Foreign Manufacturing In China. Would The Last Company There Please Turn Out The Lights. : China Law Blog : China Law for Business

Why Factories Are Leaving China
A labor shortage is trimming margins for exporters, who are moving to Vietnam, India, and elsewhere

As costs climbed in Taiwan two decades ago, Ben Fan moved his lighting factory to take advantage of China's cheap labor. Now, with Chinese wages on the rise, he's moving again. "It's just like what happened in Taiwan," says Fan, chairman of Neo-Neon Holdings, which sells lamps and lighting fixtures to big retailers including Home Depot (HD), Target (TGT), and Wal-Mart (WMT). "Chinese don't want to work in factories anymore."

So Fan is expanding his factory in Vietnam, where wages are $100 a month, one-third what he pays in China. He plans to shift 85 percent of his production across the border, and by December he'll have 8,000 workers in Vietnam—up from 300 a year ago—and just 5,000 in China, down from 25,000 in 2008.

Over the past two years, millions of jobs have moved to China's interior or elsewhere in Asia as factory owners try to cut costs. In Guangdong, the mainland's top exporting province, wages have almost doubled in the past three years, and more than half the factories can't find enough workers. The number of migrants who traveled to coastal provinces for work fell by 9 percent last year, to 91 million. "This lack of labor will only get worse," says Willy Lin, chairman of the Textile Council of Hong Kong, a trade association.

Factory owners complain that the higher wages are devastating profits, especially as their customers continue to squeeze them for lower prices. "Wal-Mart won't raise what they pay us," says Poh-Heng Toh, general manager of teddy bear producer Lovely Creations. Another Wal-Mart supplier, jewelry maker Profit Grand, has cut its staff to 450 from 600 largely because it can't find workers at the rates it's willing to pay, says Chairman Hsu Chi Lin. Wages, Hsu says, have risen from 2 percent of total costs a decade ago to 12 percent today, while net margins have fallen from 15 percent to about 8 percent. Factory owners are also worried about a potential revaluation of China's currency. The yuan is up 21 percent vs. the dollar since 2005, and many economists expect it to rise an additional 5 percent this year.

While China's growth—11.9 percent in the first quarter—is a factor in the labor shortages, they likely won't disappear once the economy cools. The country's one-child policy means fewer people are joining the workforce. Tax breaks for farmers and subsidies for companies setting up in the interior have allowed more people to find work near home. And a growing service sector means greater opportunities lie beyond the factory gate. "The younger generation is trying to get work that is much easier—waiting tables in restaurants or working in supermarkets," says Charles Yang, general manager of Apache Footwear, which makes shoes for Adidas. .......

Shoemaker Apache has moved simpler work, such as stitching the upper portions of sneakers, from Guangdong to lower-wage factories in the interior. Apache is also expanding a plant in Chennai, India, that will produce at least half its shoes within five years. The company's Chinese workforce will soon drop below 10,000, from 18,000 two years ago, general manager Yang says. "We've been squeezing like hell to get more out of the system," he says.
Why Factories Are Leaving China - BusinessWeek
When Outsourcing Fails
One in Five German Firms Leaving China

China lost its status as the world's cheapest country for manufacturing some time ago. The momentum now seems to be shifting away from outsourcing to the Far East, with one in five Germany companies pulling production out of the country. Chinese workers, they say, are getting too expensive. .......
When Outsourcing Fails: One in Five German Firms Leaving China - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International
New Challenges for Foreign Producers: 'China's Manufacturing Competitiveness Is at Risk'

.........Clearly, China is losing its luster as a location for low-cost production, as rising costs, inflation and the steady appreciation of the renminbi (RMB) have increased factory operating expenses. Many labor-dependent companies are already leaving China for India and Vietnam, especially those from Taiwan and Hong Kong, and more are considering the move.

A new report called China Manufacturing Competitiveness 2007–2008 -- produced by the American Chamber of Commerce (AmCham) Shanghai and conducted by consulting firm Booz Allen Hamilton -- surveyed 66 manufacturing companies, most of them foreign-owned, and found that almost one out of every five will move some of their manufacturing to other countries. The top destinations, in order, are India, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia and Brazil, and the reasons for leaving China were rising costs and an appreciating RMB. “The vast majority, 83%, don’t have any plans to leave China,” says Ron Haddock, greater China vice president for Booz Allen Hamilton, which conducted the study. “They still see advantages in China, but what’s disturbing here is that 17% actually do have concrete plans to move manufacturing capacity to other neighboring countries.” ........

New Challenges for Foreign Producers: 'China's Manufacturing Competitiveness Is at Risk' - Knowledge@Wharton

Just compare the contents of Post 40 and 41.

Post 40 gives facts as gleaned by those who understand and Post 41 has no facts but mere wishful thinking. Infrastructure produces goods or is it to assist in manufacture and transportation?

If the manufacturers quit, what is the use of the infrastructure.

It is like the Chinese ghost town - glitzy but no occupants!

It would help if the posts contain some rationality!

It cannot work on Main dasiya or Because I say so!

I can answer to facts and not on fantasy.

I dont want to argue like a child, but this.....

Please include russia, US, Australia etc..yeah no borders but neighbors.:lol:

Russia is angry with India- bcos we kicked out MIG 35
US angry- No F16, F18.
Australia angry- Did not sign NPT.

many many more countries are waiting in line to be angry with India.

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Iran closer to Gujarat and Rajasthan than Delhi is to, say, Tamil Nadu or Kerala?

Post 41 is not thinking, its all facts.

and Post 41 is intended to refute you in Post 40.

Iran is a neighbor of India because the two countries are connected by shallow water and short seaway. that is called a neighbor.

Is Cuba the US's neighbor? Is UK France's neighbor? Is Japan China's neighbor, Is Sri Lanka your neighbor?

Post 41 is not thinking, its all facts.

and Post 41 is intended to refute you in Post 40.

Really?

Where are the facts?

Gave any links or was it your own opinion?

Indeed, if you were an internationally renowned economist you should have mentioned it.

If not links would have done most magnificently.

Or else it appears sheer Dhosh bazi (bulldozing your way) or Main Dasiya (I said so and that is enough!)

If so, permit me to say Kar le gal!

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Iran closer to Gujarat and Rajasthan than Delhi is to, say, Tamil Nadu or Kerala?

I have no answer for this. Why are you making a fool of yourself. or are you mocking me??

I have no answer for this. Why are you making a fool of yourself. or are you mocking me??

No, merely pointing out that Iran would probably fit the definition of being India's neighbour...

Although I would agree the actual definition is a bit nebulous.

Back
Top Bottom