What's new

CHINA SEEKS INFLUENCE IN INDIAN OCEAN THROUGH AID TO SRI LANKA: USA

Um, it is quite strange. Basically what you're saying that is it is OK to kill people a few at a time ("civilised"), but not to kill many at a time ("brutal").

That makes no sense whatsoever to me, sorry. Killing is killing.

No.

But as you said, Men die in wars.

If the war is long, men still die.

But to massacre with no hold barred in a short time in the modern era your own people who are wrong in their ways is hardly a sign of being a human.

I am not for one minute saying that the LTTE are angels. They are not.

Many country has many ongoing insurgencies. Do you think it takes long to snuff them out? No, If the Sri Lankan way is sought, the insurgencies are over in a jiffy.

The fact that these insurgencies go on is because one cannot transmogrify into butchers.

No, merely pointing out that Iran would probably fit the definition of being India's neighbour...

Although I would agree the actual definition is a bit nebulous.

I see, you are on the world being a global village and so all are neighbours!

Yes, that is a point worth considering.

Sarah Palin could see Russia through her window in Alaska!

Iran is a neighbor of India because the two countries are connected by shallow water and short seaway. that is called a neighbor.

Is Cuba the US's neighbor? Is UK France's neighbor? Is Japan China's neighbor, Is Sri Lanka your neighbor?

Logic!

Shallow waters!

Can we see the Arabian Sea's seabed during ebb tide?

Is that the criterion to classify neighbours?

300px-Arabian_Sea_map.png

As I see it, why is Pakistan coming in the way and ruining the show of being neighbours?

No.

But as you said, Men die in wars.

If the war is long, men still die.

But to massacre with no hold barred in a short time in the modern era your own people who are wrong in their ways is hardly a sign of being a human.

I am not for one minute saying that the LTTE are angels. They are not.

Many country has many ongoing insurgencies. Do you think it takes long to snuff them out? No, If the Sri Lankan way is sought, the insurgencies are over in a jiffy.

The fact that these insurgencies go on is because one cannot transmogrify into butchers.

Sri Lanka's war lasted for close to 30 years. That is not a "jiffy" by any means.

It was one of Asia's longest running conflicts.

One side had to win eventually, for peace to emerge

I would argue that killing people - anyone - is inhuman.

But the world does not work that way.

War has been a part of human history since time immemorial.

Even in holy books like the Bhagavad Gita.

Sri Lanka got rid of its insurgency after it bled the country dry and cost thousands of lives and billions worth of damage.

Other countries can deal with their own insurgencies how they see fit, it doesn't really bother me.

But I'm glad the LTTE is gone.

And the SL government did the right thing by taking them on and wiping them out.

Enough was enough.

Iran is a neighbor of India because the two countries are connected by shallow water and short seaway. that is called a neighbor.

Is Cuba the US's neighbor? Is UK France's neighbor? Is Japan China's neighbor, Is Sri Lanka your neighbor?

Are you kidding me?? there goes all the logic with the wind!!

Sri Lanka's war lasted for close to 30 years. That is not a "jiffy" by any means.

It was one of Asia's longest running conflicts.

One side had to win eventually, for peace to emerge

I would argue that killing people - anyone - is inhuman.

But the world does not work that way.

War has been a part of human history since time immemorial.

Even in holy books like the Bhagavad Gita.

Sri Lanka got rid of its insurgency after it bled the country dry and cost thousands of lives and billions worth of damage.

Other countries can deal with their own insurgencies how they see fit, it doesn't really bother me.

But I'm glad the LTTE is gone.

And the SL government did the right thing by taking them on and wiping them out.

To be frank, religious scriptures do not overawe me as points for uncontested acceptance.

So quoting religious scriptures does not impress me to believe it as the last word, no matter how philosophically it is profound.

Insurgency bleed all nations white.

Some nations are human and with patience and some are not.

History alone shall bear witness.

One point that is taught in our military is that - you can kill people wantonly, but you cannot kill the idea and philosophy.

Therefore, the insurgents are here today and gone tomorrow, but the idea continues.

Thus, the idea and philosophy has to be obliterated, killing men is but only a temporary solution and in fact, it is no solution.

What is important to note is such an idea not destroyed is more dangerous. As they say lull before the storm!

Complacency will set in with the peace and then when the guard is down, Spiderman strikes again.

That is the sad and most unfortunate reality - these evil men, the terrorists never seem to give up!

They keep rising like the phoenix since the idea and philosophy has not been snuffed out!

To be frank, religious scriptures do not overawe me as points for uncontested acceptance.

So quoting religious scriptures does not impress me to believe it as the last word, no matter how philosophically it is profound.

Insurgency bleed all nations white.

Some nations are human and with patience and some are not.

History alone shall bear witness.

One point that is taught in our military is that - you can kill people wantonly, but you cannot kill the idea and philosophy.

Therefore, the insurgents are here today and gone tomorrow, but the idea continues.

Thus, the idea and philosophy has to be obliterated, killing men is but only a temporary solution and in fact, it is no solution.

What is important to note is such an idea not destroyed is more dangerous. As they say lull before the storm!

Complacency will set in with the peace and then when the guard is down, Spiderman strikes again.

That is the sad and most unfortunate reality - these evil men, the terrorists never seem to give up!

They keep rising like the phoenix since the idea and philosophy has not been snuffed out!

Religious scripture means very little to me as well.

But wars are being fought now and they will be fought in the future as well.

People will die in them now, and they will die in them in the future as well.

Atrocities are being committed now and they will be committed in the future as well.

You make some good points.

But sometimes a militarly solution is the only solution.

Sometimes peace comes when there is an outright victor.

When an idea and philosophy is unnacceptable it has to be fought everytime it raises its head.

Sri Lanka did the right thing in wiping out the LTTE.

It should have been done a long time ago, in my opinion, but conditions were not right then.

You are entitled to your views.

However, the little that I have seen over a long tenure, I would beg to differ that a military solution is the answer.

Phoenix like they will return to bite!

Mizoram has no insurgency, Nagaland is calm and so on!

Back
Top Bottom