What's new

China’s Security Chief warns of “more social unrest” as economy slows

Come on mate. You now better than trusting the party numbers now. Right? Must be because you get to read the more transparent press in Hong Kong. You do read that hopefully?

Hahaha I think I've already told you what media sources I use, but here you go:

China's GDP up 9.1% in third quarter - Financial Times

Chinese inflation falls sharply in October - Financial Times

----------

India's GDP Growth Slows to 6.9% - Wall Street Journal

Indian inflation stays higher than expected at 9.73% - BBC News

Why is everyone looking at China for internal security?

The biggest pol ice state in the world is the one that spends 6 times China's money per capita for internal security.

LoL, and where do you think all that data in China comes from? Do you really think that divulging economic data is a crime for no purpose in China?

I think even trolling requires some intelligence.

Silly, its your own security chief is saying it, not anyone outside china

China this year will be spending more on “internal security” than the military budget for the first time
:woot:

China to spend US$ 95 billion for surveillance of its own people and to keep then under control.

Why are you criticizing China when your own country is in a worse shape than China. Once India's economy surpasses that of China, then it make more sense for you to poke fun of China. Otherwise, when you make fun of China, you are also make fun of India as India's economy and internal security is actually worse off than that of China.

LoL, and where do you think all that data in China comes from? Do you really think that divulging economic data is a crime for no purpose in China?

If it enough for the Financial Times and the Wall Street Journal to report it, then I don't see your problem. :wave:

Export data can easily be cross checked via other countries, and if you take into account the % of GDP that exports take up, it is not too difficult to see if the figures are being grossly understated or overstated.

And if you say the Yuan is undervalued (some say by as much as 50%)... then that just means that our nominal GDP by exchange rates is actually much larger than it appears today.

lol and u believe the cooked data coming from one of the most corrupt regimes in the world like india.
the commonwealth games showed the massive amount of corruption in india, and u want us to believe the economic numbers coming out of that corrupt regime?
LMFAO!

i dont trust anything coming from india.
cannot trust such a corrupt regime.

lol and u believe the cooked data coming from one of the most corrupt regimes in the world like india.
the commonwealth games showed the massive amount of corruption in india, and u want us to believe the economic numbers coming out of that corrupt regime?
LMFAO!

i dont trust anything coming from india.
cannot trust such a corrupt regime.

In world corrupt index we are almost same. it's just that you don't have free media or whistle blowers who can oppose the corrupts. That is your tragedy. The only source in China is government who is epic center of corruption.

that means we also have quite an effective mechanism for countering corruption and that the mighty and powerful don't go unpunished.

I believe that China do cook up some numbers. They both under estimate them when the growth is too high and over estimate when the growth is too low. This way, it can diffuse inflation fears or recession fears. When you take the numbers over many years, the growth rate is accurate. But they would most likely not accurate for most years.

that means we also have quite an effective mechanism for countering corruption and that the mighty and powerful don't go unpunished.

Well, the lower level officials would be the scapegoat. The one that took the most money got away again. This always happens. Not only in India but the rest of the world as well. Except in India, its more prevalent.

india has the worst human rights record, sikhs are treated like dogs.

That was a blot on Indian democracy.

but sikhs are treated with respect today. so you are wrong. Our Pm is a sikh, the deputy chairman of the Planning Commission is a sikh (the chairman being the PM), we're about to get a sikh Chief Justice. The governor of Arunachal Pradesh is a sikh (he is a former COAS).

so know the present scenario before the comment.

P.S : China doesn't have a good Human Rights record either ;)

Luckily, in China, home ownership is higher than in the US, and there is subsidized food so no one will go hungry, even if unemployed.

This is in stark contrast to some certain country to our south where 6000 starve to death every day.

And the government always has the option of just giving in, as the PX Chemical demonstrations in August and the Shanghai truckers strike in April showed. the government can just give up and let the protestors win.

Now why does the US not do that and instead deploys riot police?
Wrong, lots of poor Chinese don't have enough food to eat (even your foods made from transgenic crops -that dangerous for your health) bcz China doesn't have enough Fertilizer land to grow crops.
I think as the people of China ,we should not be too optimistic about our current situation ,we have to face the fact, and if we are talking about China , we don’t just mention those things sounds like Chinese are all rich,, in fact we must be aware that still many pupils can’t go to school ,many families can’t have enough food to make themselves become full, our aid projects can’t satisfy every person in proverty,When we laugh with our friends , we also can image that hundreds of Children in China are crying sadly for their bad situation at the same time .We need to help them,for helping them, we need to know more about them ,So this is the purpose of setting this blog .Please remember many of our poor Chinese.
http://www.poorchinese.com/archives/143.htm

Don't forget Beijing suffer sand storm too.

Oh, and for reference:

China's GDP growth (latest data) = 9.1%

India's GDP growth (latest data) = 6.9%

China's inflation = 5%... India's inflation = 9.73%

India number are accepted worldwide and it outs there for everybody to see

Whereas china gdp forecast and number are decided in closed room and some how they always turn to be right

China's GDP is man-made, unreliable: top leader | Reuters

word reliable and china don't go together:azn:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom