What's new

China-Pak in MoU to develop stealth variant of JF-17 Thunder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think no one is understanding that the PAF/PAC has signed for joined development program but the investment that we are doing might not be like in the case of JF-17 but it would be rather like K-8s. We would be investing 25% of the total cost of the program like in engines and avionics and may be some weapons as a separate investment, this will reduce of weapons import budget and we could gain more foreign exchange even by only and only selling it to the Muslim Countries.

I think no one is understanding that the PAF/PAC has signed for joined development program but the investment that we are doing might not be like in the case of JF-17 but it would be rather like K-8s. We would be investing 25% of the total cost of the program like in engines and avionics and may be some weapons as a separate investment, this will reduce of weapons import budget and we could gain more foreign exchange even by only and only selling it to the Muslim Countries.

I can try to explain. Some errors in you Info , and end up in a long discussion on the LCA , in which you may or may not believe.

For the sake of calirity i will post but one thing

yes , Indian's are fail at everything :hang2:

I thought you were a more logical individual , but if those are the comments you want to make, then fine.

Again for clarity if you will listen

Mr.Shamim , made statements contradictory to what describe.
And has not bothered to correct me or himself in his reply.

Yet , that is the effect of you post mr Shamim

I was not enraged , but was rather annoyed with you comments.

I don't understand why you are apologizing for that however. Do you agree some your own comments were ur-justified.

I have not made such a claim.

FC-1 was never intended for Domestic orders in China , But a cost-effective export plane to establish China as a Aerospace major in the defence market

I believe i made that clear in my last post

Yet , they are still used by various other air forces around the world
Spanish and Australian Air-forces used them as a mainstay.
As well as one squadron for malaysia

USAF did not need a large plane like the F-18 , it had many other planes for similar roles. Which includes its stealth aircraft.
It needed a plane with more focus on air-superiority like the F-16

Pakistan I believe has not looked at the F-18 SH on offer to India.
Even if it did , Pakistan historically is against Twin engine aircraft.
They are more expensive to Maintain or operate , which PAF does nto favour.

The US is retiring its F-16's , F-16's being replaced where possible.

In fact
Air Force urged to consider Navy F-18s (8/6/09) -- GovExec.com

See , i don't see how your statement make's any sense.

F-18 SH requires big CATOBAR carriers that India NAvy does not have. We have Medium STOBAR carriers Incompatible with the large SH.

F-18 SH is a proven platform and a capable Mulit-role aircraft . Which is a trademark of all Carrier borne fighters.
High payload and long range. make this a very potent aircraft.

Especially with the new mods

FARNBOROUGH: Boeing reveals F-15 and F-18 fighter development plans

Super Hornet mods added to export list: AINonline

Firstly, i never claimed to be a Sensible member, lol...

You should be thankful to forum administration for allowing such a free discussion environment despite some inappropriate comments by Indian members and having a deep trouble of accepting the fact that JFT IS a JV that came to fulfillment because Pakistan was not interested in Saber 2 or Super 7. I can give you plenty of reasons why LCA was delayed but will keep it for some other time. So far, i have not seen a SINGLE Indian forum where this much head room is given to Pakistani members and this is an ample evidence of who is more tolerant towards others !

发这个帖子是为了把中国的4代机的图片发上来
Pls webmaster forgive me!

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

发这个帖子是为了把中国的4代机的图片发上来
Pls webmaster forgive me!
A chinese friend

To all the indian friends,

please put all of your concern to the LCA project rather than tryna find the faults on JFT .if u find any fault on jft please keep it secret.otherwise paf will correct those:lol: and jft will be more perfect which many of u dont wish...so be clever guys....

cheers:cheers:

how many times will I have to post this that There isn't any such thing as stealth JF-17! so please let this thread rest in piece

It is NOT developing
I am very sure it is NOT true.

JF-17 is a VERY ANTI STEALTH design, and the key words here are ANTI STEALTH
There is ABSOLUTELY no way that design can be tweaked to become stealth.

You need to conceive and design a plane from square 1 to be stealth.

It is NOT developing

Stealth version of JF17 is real a possibility. Other than the Indian reports I have heard rumours orginating from multiple sources. The rumours and leaks are of the same pattern as we have seen with other Chinese projects i.e. JF 17, J 10 and now J 20. It will not really be a pure stealth design but the RCS will be significantly reduced. With the design phase of J 20 complete, the design resources at CATIC were available and might have been deployed to work on the JF 17. I think we will see a change in design after the first 100 or 150 JF17s.

JF 17 at the most most top level will be a good 4.5th gen fighter and will have what a 4.5 gen fighter can have Like IRST, Composites and AESA etc..... It can never ever be a 5th gen Fighter....

It is NOT developing

I am sorry but from some unreliable sources I just learnt that K-8's stealth version is going to be rolled out soon and its flight display will happen on new year eve.

what do you say?

i heard that single engine stealth fighter is in development in china..

JF 17 at the most most top level will be a good 4.5th gen fighter and will have what a 4.5 gen fighter can have Like IRST, Composites and AESA etc..... It can never ever be a 5th gen Fighter....

you are too generous, I think the most it will get to is near the 4th generation mark and that will be enough otherwise the stated goal of producing this plane will be lost..
we needed a mid tech cost effective plane to fill up the ranks and market it as a cost effective plane for countries with limited budgets..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom