What's new

China-Pak in MoU to develop stealth variant of JF-17 Thunder

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont think so JF 1 can ever be stealth if JF 17 can be stealth than F 16 too can be stealth buddies than why USA buile new f 22 if they can convr F 16 in stealth jet

Bcz they have unlimited $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.......to experiment!!!!!

NO matter how stealthy JF-17 or F-16. They can never match a J-20 or F-22. Cos the real 5th gen are design with internal weapon bay in the first place.

You don't expect JF-17 steath version to fly into battle with 23mm internal gun only,right? What is the purpose of achieving stealth if you don't carry any weapon load?

External weapon load will increase radar signature..

I know silent eagle have their CFT replace as weapon load to decrease weapon load externally. But its limited and waste precious spaces for fuel too.

No point of Pakistan having stealth Jf-17, try to work on different things...

tanlixiang28776..No. China's budget is still tiny compared to America and they have problems producing planes they already have.

No. The Budget has 2 parts, one is to be spent and being spent on the current Armed Force active weapons/systems/planes and vice versa, the other one is the developmental, experimental/R&D. If you put that into account Chinese real budget is larger. Chinese is not engaged with any other nation in conflict/war where it has to spend $400M or more naturally US budget is larger because of the global ambitions and globally forces stationed in nations like S.Korea, Japan, Philippines, Germany, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and rest..Obviously you didn't do your home work before explaining why the budget is large.
May i remind you of the massive projects taking air force/navy in consideration J-11B/BS/J-16/J-20/JH-7A, JH7B, J-10B, L15 etc you think you can run all these project without taking into account SAMS/ICBMs etc costs $72-76B? Do you know what was UKs defense budget in 1998? it was around $36 Billion do you honestly believe China's Defense budget is 60-76B, No it's not its much higher considering the massive number of investment R&D and projects.

tanlixiang28776..No. China's budget is still tiny compared to America and they have problems producing planes they already have.

No. The Budget has 2 parts, one is to be spent and being spent on the current Armed Force active weapons/systems/planes and vice versa, the other one is the developmental, experimental/R&D. If you put that into account Chinese real budget is larger. Chinese is not engaged with any other nation in conflict/war where it has to spend $400M or more naturally US budget is larger because of the global ambitions and globally forces stationed in nations like S.Korea, Japan, Philippines, Germany, Afghanistan, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and rest..Obviously you didn't do your home work before explaining why the budget is large.
May i remind you of the massive projects taking air force/navy in consideration J-11B/BS/J-16/J-20/JH-7A, JH7B, J-10B, L15 etc you think you can run all these project without taking into account SAMS/ICBMs etc costs $72-76B? Do you know what was UKs defense budget in 1998? it was around $36 Billion do you honestly believe China's Defense budget is 60-76B, No it's not its much higher considering the massive number of investment R&D and projects.

Maybe Chinese stuff is cheaper?

Maybe Chinese stuff is cheaper?

True, every dollar spent in China's budget goes further than a dollar spent in the US because of PPP

China is honest with her budget, but sometimes things are classified differently in China. Some research that goes toward defence isn't counted on the balance sheet.

tanlixiang28776..as CardSharp explained.
Take a look at US and China, the global assets distributed the forces and everything related to it, this has accounted to US spend more, apart from projects/experiments/R&D, maintenance costs...

I had my doubts about the stealth variant but what i heard has puzzled me as well. There is indeed a variant in development in China which is not complete stealth by any means but is heavily influenced with stealth features except the internal weapon bay. Pakistan showed interest in further modification and for this purpose, a customized variant is being developed since 2007. Current status is unknown but it is expected to be around 2013-14. It will still be termed as jf-17 in PAF!!

Any link please

I wonder if you know sir Parvez Shamim, former PAF pilot and highly reputable member on many forums, he mentioned this news almost 2 years ago, its just that i asked my source and he confirmed that this, indeed is the case. Don't be surprised if you see something in this regard soon. And sorry, i don't usually support my info with internet links. Freedom is everyone's right as whether to believe or in it or not.

I wonder if you know sir Parvez Shamim, former PAF pilot and highly reputable member on many forums, he mentioned this news almost 2 years ago, its just that i asked my source and he confirmed that this, indeed is the case. Don't be surprised if you see something in this regard soon. And sorry, i don't usually support my info with internet links. Freedom is everyone's right as whether to believe or in it or not.

Wow, thanks for sharing this news nabil. This news is indeed puzzling if not wonderful. I have a thousand questions buzzing through my mind, I guess, I am getting too excited.
After this development will JF-17 remain a low cost small fighter?
Wouldn't it be more reasonable to make FC-20 (considering it is indeed a variant of J-10B) a bit more stealthy and keep 'Thunder' as is.
How good is stealth without internal weapons bay?
what is the time frame months? year?
Will this variant be introduced as Block 2?

Huitong's website is showing that PAF has ordered 36 FC-20.

I had my doubts about the stealth variant but what i heard has puzzled me as well. There is indeed a variant in development in China which is not complete stealth by any means but is heavily influenced with stealth features except the internal weapon bay. Pakistan showed interest in further modification and for this purpose, a customized variant is being developed since 2007. Current status is unknown but it is expected to be around 2013-14. It will still be termed as jf-17 in PAF!!
There has been a lot of buzz on this, the famous YFC-1e. Yes with the plane of size of JFT, internal weapons bay is highly unlikely. But i have my reservations, it makes sense to invest in YFC-1e if it is economical than FC-20 but if its not, then i think PAF has yet again played a big gamble by resting funds on this, I would like to back a 40 Million FC-20 rather than a 35 Million YFC-1e

Correction you can carry a tactical nuke you drop it off and you come back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom