What's new

China-Pak in MoU to develop stealth variant of JF-17 Thunder

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are too generous, I think the most it will get to is near the 4th generation mark and that will be enough otherwise the stated goal of producing this plane will be lost..
we needed a mid tech cost effective plane to fill up the ranks and market it as a cost effective plane for countries with limited budgets..
Thats why i used Most twice

Last edited:
I am sorry but from some unreliable sources I just learnt that K-8's stealth version is going to be rolled out soon and its flight display will happen on new year eve.

what do you say?

heheheheheeheh .......

Really .... :D

Stealth version of JF17 is real a possibility. Other than the Indian reports I have heard rumours orginating from multiple sources. The rumours and leaks are of the same pattern as we have seen with other Chinese projects i.e. JF 17, J 10 and now J 20. It will not really be a pure stealth design but the RCS will be significantly reduced. With the design phase of J 20 complete, the design resources at CATIC were available and might have been deployed to work on the JF 17. I think we will see a change in design after the first 100 or 150 JF17s.

I don't think we are talking about the same air craft here ...

reducing RCA of some thing, which is very VISIBLE is not stealth.

Without getting into technicalities ...
I am very certain of what I said, and my suggestion is not to believe rumors.

First let them get the plane right, then they will think about some thing else.

the first step would be to use composites and design 'stealthy' weapons, which cause a massive increase in rcs

i dont think so JF 1 can ever be stealth if JF 17 can be stealth than F 16 too can be stealth buddies than why USA buile new f 22 if they can convr F 16 in stealth jet

I believe JFT will be enhanced with some RCS reduction features but i will not go as far as to say a stealthy variant will surface in near future. Agreed with Salman here. Converting JFT into a stealth aircraft means literally a mahor redesign, new airframe, other dimensions, engine, all in all a new aircraft. What i have heard is that it will have RCS reduction features from blk 3 onwards but this by no means make it a stealth aircraft.

Even if there was a stealthy variant.. it would end up resembling what the F-18E is to the C.. a bulkier version.. with very little commonality.

I don't think we are talking about the same air craft here ...

reducing RCA of some thing, which is very VISIBLE is not stealth.

Without getting into technicalities ...
I am very certain of what I said, and my suggestion is not to believe rumors.

First let them get the plane right, then they will think about some thing else.

Send me a PM in a couple of years. F 22, F35, Pak Fa or the J-20 are not totally invisible to radar. Stealth is not = invisible.

Last edited:
At best it might go into a F15-SE (strike eage or second edition as you like to call it) type transformation. Not fully stealth but very much reduced RCS by using composite materials, re-engineered turbines and internal weapon bays. At this time of economic down turn we should very well look into recruiting EU and US techies to do some R/D for us.

From what elementary aeronautics I know, I do not think it is possible to create a stealth variant of this aircraft considering the current airframe resign. It would most likely be a completely new aircraft with maybe some other designation.

What is the intended financial agreement on this on Pakistan's behalf?

canards and some sort of thrust vectoring is what JF-17 needs at the moment to enhance maneuverability..Stealth should be way down the list..

From what elementary aeronautics I know, I do not think it is possible to create a stealth variant of this aircraft considering the current airframe resign. It would most likely be a completely new aircraft with maybe some other designation.

What is the intended financial agreement on this on Pakistan's behalf?

what if they are looking into the illusive "Plasma stealth"? Theoretically that can make an airbus 380 stealth...

At best it might go into a F15-SE (strike eage or second edition as you like to call it) type transformation. Not fully stealth but very much reduced RCS by using composite materials, re-engineered turbines and internal weapon bays. At this time of economic down turn we should very well look into recruiting EU and US techies to do some R/D for us.

Will be better off recruiting Ex Soviet techies..Will be cost effective and less cocky

Why European or Russians? Europeans have never designed a stealth plane. Russian T-50 is more drama than real stealth. The J-20 design is much more advanced than the T-50 and we have close relationship with the Chinese. Now before any of you decide to challenge me about my statement on T-50 vs the J-20 I would like you to go and look at pictures of both T-50 and J-20 and tell me which aircraft has the jagged edges similar to F-22 to disperse radar signals. I will give the answer right now. The T-50 has none. Draw your own conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom