What's new

China not to copy Western system

"Western" style democracy is a failing system. Just look at two of the three of the major democratic countries.

1. UK - Every five they have a general election, but the PM can call an election when he/she thinks the timing is in his/her favour.
If the government changes hand, they have a brand new policy and could reverse the hard work that were done before by the previous party.
The people do not actually election the PM. It is the winning MPs who are in majority elects the PM. So it is very possible the PM is elected by the minority of the people.
What kind of democracy is that?

2. the US - Same thing. Elections were held every 4 years.
The opposition in congress spent the majority of their time and energy to defect the sitting president, instead of doing things which benefit the people.
The president is not elected by the people directly, but by electoral college.

3. India - Need I say more. It is very similar to the UK system. See point 1.
There was no primaries. The candidates were picked by the local parties. So the people who voted for their candidates had no choices. It is very possible all the candidates were bad apples.
There are myriad of political parties in India, from local, religious, national, caste... you name it, which do not have the national interest in mind.
Most of the time, the ruling party was a minority government formed by making comprises with other small parties

The "western" democracy in my analogy is like piloting a ship in a rough sea. Very so often, a new hand takes the over the stirring wheel and stirs the ship in a different direction. How can the ship (people) goes where it wants to go???

I am glad China is not going that route.

An excellent summation. Democracy creates gridlock which stifles advancement as politicians are more loyal to their party than work for the best interests of the country.

I wish China can do that since communism has very bad publicity in the world and anything we do would give the international media and public some wild imagination that evil communism must be behind it!!! lol

However, domestically, the name of "communism" has significant implication for legitimacy of the party. Otherwise, why should the people even support the party? With communism in its name, the party can retain its legacy and, therefore, legitimacy. Plus, there are still some pockets of people that want communist rules!

We have this dilemma. It reminds me of KMT when KMT said that with reform, the KMT party will destroy itself, but without reform, the KMT party will destroy the nation. Party or nation? That's the question. China needs someone with bigger vision than petty self interests.

Kindly remove your Chinese flag and replace it with the Taiwanese flag. No patriotic Chinese ever wants the collapse of the communist party.

I think China is doing fine. Democracy would be disaster for such a large population.

Yup, just look what a failure India is. Just a laughing stock for the world.

Back
Top Bottom