What's new

China, Maldives pledge strengthened military ties

Indian black mail against mighty Chinese :cheesy:

Indeed, but we chinese know how to mail-back Indians :azn:

With US sitting in Diego Garcia Chinese do not have any chance.

:rofl: US sitting in Diego Garcia is for China??? This place in in Indian Ocean, we're even more glad that U.S there to keep an eyes on you :azn:

nobody is talking about trusting each other. it is all in perception management of international ties. BD has managed that perception fairly well, and SL as well to a certain extent. as long as Maldives doesn't significantly threaten Indian interests, they can continue milking the chinese.

I Guess India don't have any milk left :rofl: We chineses will be glad to help our friends if we can afford.

Trouble in paradise: Maldives and Islamic extremism

By Amal Jayasinghe (AFP) – Feb 12, 2012

MALE — At the Maldives' National Museum, smashed Buddhist statues are testament to the rise of Islamic extremism and Taliban-style intolerance in a country famous as a laid-back holiday destination.

Hallmark of indian way of dealing with Muslim countries which oppose indian hegemony is label them as "Islamic extremist". Maldives is latest example of indian propaganda tactics that has fallen apart. Note how indians spread propaganda using international news outlet like AFP. But that does not make it true. Recently after Maldives kicked out indian GMR, here is what ex indian diplomat admitted about indian propaganda campaign.

Lessons from Male

To come back to the root of it, we messed up the Male policy needlessly. It was none of our business to propagate how the 3 lakhs Maldivians should practise liberal democracy. Worse still, we saw an al-Qaeda hand where none existed. We got out of the goof-up and reverted to our traditional policy of not being prescriptive to our neighbors, but the damage was done.

Lessons from Male - Indian Punchline

Indeed, but we chinese know how to mail-back Indians :azn:
:rofl: US sitting in Diego Garcia is for China??? This place in in Indian Ocean, we're even more glad that U.S there to keep an eyes on you :azn:
Actually IOR region is where majority of your ship lanes go through. And US sees China as a challenge, not India. India is not that strong.

Bashing India is one thing, reality is another. Maldives is more important for China, not for just India, but more importantly for US presence in the region. Think over it.

If they allow hostile naval units here,they must know that if war comes maldives will starve by blockade and get bombed back to the stone age by IN and IAF,of course after they encircle and slaughter the isolated fleet based there.So GL,but be careful what u wish for.

It's that a warning ???:lol: sound like bullying attitude to me, no wonder India got the treatment it deserved from these South Asians nations.

For that u need to be independent. Not Shamelessly ask China to become ur Master.
For some people like U, if a govt opposes India, they are good, and if they are friendly to India, they are bad.
Tough talking about Logic to some of u guys.

China is not master of anybody, we're just friends. I advise you to look at the mirror first, when debating with Chinese, you Indians like to invoke U.S, Japan...as ultimate protectors to shield yourself away from Chinese attack, must be feel really relief to hide under other's shadow :rofl: at least we Chineses didn't go as far as call U.S or Jpan your masters... so feel free to invoke your supernatural and superficial allies to defense your cause.

Agreed there were mistakes, but don't forget we have given blood of a prime minister and many soldiers. If we wanted LTTE to exists even know then we could have given safe heavens for them. But India is a matured country unlike Pakistan which gives safe heavens to terrorist organisation. We have learnt that snakes in our own backyard will bite us back. Just analyse what India has done to srilanka, but with neutral view. Look at countries like USA, Britian, China, Pakistan they all support the terrorist or separatist movements in many countries. But India has never interfered any nations internal matters

India has never interfered any nations internal matters???? Dalai Lama and those slave owners ring any bell??? so please stop your BS, you support our separatists, you will expect to get some pays back and we Chinese sure know how to return your favor.

Rajiv Ghandhi's millitary gains in IOR has been undone by the series of spineless leadership from V.P.singh onwards till today's PM MMS.India has to start again from square one the gains indira and rajiv made in making IOR as india's pond.SL and Maldives and nepal are all ripe for plucking and merge into indian union only if india install a woman of the kind indira as its PM.IOR is India's pond and will remain so.

Actually IOR region is where majority of your ship lanes go through. And US sees China as a challenge, not India. India is not that strong.

Bashing India is one thing, reality is another. Maldives is more important for China, not for just India, but more importantly for US presence in the region. Think over it.

With current U.S Navy power, they can stop us anywhere include SCS, if they decide to stay at Diego Garcia is because there is other big fish to catch...you Indans know better than us. And we like to play Indian's game, you wish U.S in SCS to counter China, we have the same wish that U.S to stay at Indian Ocean that Yankee can turn over the dream of Indian Ocean as it is India's Ocean.

With current U.S Navy power, they can stop us anywhere include SCS, if they decide to stay at Diego Garcia is because there is other big fish to catch...you Indians know better than us. And we like to play Indian's game, you wish U.S in SCS to counter China, we have the same wish that U.S to stay at Indian Ocean that Yankee can turn over the dream of Indian Ocean as it is India's Ocean.
You are partially right about US two prong strategy. Thing is US can't be certain whether India will make alliance with US or considering current Sino-India relationship being strengthened in recent years, due to smart Foreign policy of Chinese, US will try its best to at least make India indifferent regarding China and SCS.

Problem is India's policy is independent and many critics have said that US should rather focus on India now than mending ties with Pakistan. The whole game is not of SCS but China's ambition to connect to warm waters of Arabian through Pakistan to reduce its dependency on IOR and SCS shipping lanes and its access to Gulf and Africa. Its one of the reason US wants permanent base in Afghanistan too.

Due to India's Foreign Policy more focused on its self-interest than being ally of US, India's strong connection with Russia, growing Russia-China and India-China cooperation, things are not in favor of US.

Also, if you look at other smaller countries like Vietnam etc., they know US can't be trusted as an ally whereas they see India as better ally vis-a-vis China. Japan is also trying to get India more involved in SCS and ASEAN nations have already expressed that India should play a major role.

So look at these aims of our countries, India wants to be reckoned as major regional player and eventually a global player whereas China wants to counter-weight US and protect its nearby areas and resources. Only way to achieve this is some sort of Quid Pro Quo between India and China.

Last thing is growing Russian might. If you remember there has been some issue regarding Russian Navy being authoritative near Chinese region and its aim to increase its Pacific hold. Its important for China to make few compromise too regarding Russia.

There are many more things that I can comment on. My point is that China's interest in Maldives, Myanmar etc. is not just because of India, which it thinks it can make friend with, especially because it is not good to keep a hostile country of size like India if you are facing superpower like US.

Chinese know that they can handle India anytime and India knows this. That's why India hasn't taken any side yet. It is letting US to face China while maintaining good relations with both, with more stress to normalize relations with China, given such a long boundary we share.

You are right about US Navy might, but they know China can become formidable Navy w.r.t them within a decade.

Hope I cleared few things to you.

Last time I heard Maldives is gonna be under water by the year 2060 maybe due to rising sea levels:
BBC News - Maldives cabinet makes a splash

That's not a huge problem for the tiny Maldives population。They can emigrate enmass to another country,for example Australia, or China for that matter, while it would be a problem of huge proportions for some Indian cities such as Mumbai, hundreds of millions of people there would have no places to go. :azn:

If they allow hostile naval units here,they must know that if war comes maldives will starve by blockade and get bombed back to the stone age by IN and IAF,of course after they encircle and slaughter the isolated fleet based there.So GL,but be careful what u wish for.

A nation of 13,000,000,000 bombing a nation of 300,000 back to the stone age?:what:

You don't sound strong. You sound hollow and desperate. :azn:

We know "India's maturity" well lol Don't want to mention that.
This is off topic on this thread so I don't go any further.

Difference can only be sought out if we have discussion, but your running away for no reason. Tell me what mistakes of India are you pointing out, bcoz of which you have come to conclusion that about India's 'Maturity'. I think your main reason to be upset with India is UN vote, plz learn from mistakes of other countries economic development can only happen when you have good relation with you neighbors. Look at India even after suffering so much from pakistan it wants to have good relationship with India. US voted against us so many times but we strive to make good relation with them, for prosperity you need to come out of past. Look at japan even after bombing to stone age by US they started there economic development with the help of US.

Its better to learn from others mistake, than committing mistake and retrospect after committing it.

A nation of 13,000,000,000 bombing a nation of 300,000 back to the stone age?:what:

You don't sound strong. You sound hollow and desperate. :azn:

I just state the realpolitik fact that if maldives allows anti india military action during wartime then it should be preapared to face the consequences.I am not really concerned about strengthening ties with china or cancelling indian contracts as long as they don't allow any other powers basing rights or listening stations.Once they do THAT,then they are enemies and should be treated as such.I have no problem with realtions only,every nation can choose its diplomatic relations but let them know if they compromise indian security and threaten us they will not be spared because of their size.

We know "India's maturity" well lol Don't want to mention that.
This is off topic on this thread so I don't go any further.

Difference can only be sought out if we have discussion, but your running away for no reason. Tell me what mistakes of India are you pointing out, bcoz of which you have come to conclusion that about India's 'Maturity'. I think your main reason to be upset with India is UN vote, plz learn from mistakes of other countries economic development can only happen when you have good relation with you neighbors. Look at India even after suffering so much from pakistan it wants to have good relationship with India. US voted against us so many times but we strive to make good relation with them, for prosperity you need to come out of past. Look at japan even after bombing to stone age by US they started there economic development with the help of US.

Its better to learn from others mistake, than committing mistake and retrospect after committing it.

Don't worry about Sri Lanka, we can choose right partners at right time.

Back
Top Bottom