What's new

China denies visa to top general in Indian Occupied Kashmir

There is no question that India and China can ever be allies…at best they can be friendly competitors

As regarding Kashmir…it is time India return the favors in the same coin…it should stop retaliating Tibet to a part of China and harp on negotiations between China and Dalai Lama to solve Tibet dispute...and I am seeing a change in India's position on Tibet. The recent meeting between Dalai Lama and Manmohan Singh is an example

all racist posts are being reported.....u want to be civilized or you want to be assholes?

this isnt bharat rhatscotch forum

this thread is further proof that indians are emotional, ultra-reactionary people.....much to their detriment

Unleashing a bigot out of you with an excuse does not make you a lesser bigot. This post of yours is racist as well.

There is no question that India and China can ever be allies…at best they can be friendly competitors

As regarding Kashmir…it is time India return the favors in the same coin…it should stop retaliating Tibet to a part of China and harp on negotiations between China and Dalai Lama to solve Tibet dispute...and I am seeing a change in India's position on Tibet. The recent meeting between Dalai Lama and Manmohan Singh is an example

The Indian Government has always regarded Tibet as a part of China, since the very beginning.

If you want to change that, you'll have to vote in another Government.

Which Indian political party, if elected, is willing to claim Tibet as part of India?

The Indian Government has always regarded Tibet as a part of China, since the very beginning.

If you want to change that, you'll have to vote in another Government.

Which Indian political party, if elected, is willing to claim Tibet as part of India?

It is time to change the India’s Tibet policy. In a democracy Government represents people will and not the other way round…Please remember India is not some banana republic and does not need to follow an appeasement policy wrt China.

My question to you is can China afford to have an enemy as strong as India? Can China realize its dream of competing with US in international fora with India as its adversary? Can China ever realize of becoming superpower with a huge adversary down south? Can China ever realize its true potential with an enemy as strong as India? The answers to all the question is unequivocal NO?

The bottom line is China needs India more than India needs China and China has to take the first steps

It is time to change the India’s Tibet policy.

According to the US State Department:

Since at least 1966, U.S. policy has explicitly recognized the Tibet Autonomous Region...as part of the People’s Republic of China. This long-standing policy is consistent with the view of the entire international community, including all China’s neighbors: no country recognizes Tibet as a sovereign state.

Tibetan sovereignty debate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not a single country in the entire world considers Tibet to be an independent state.

What Indian political party is willing to do that? Do they have a chance of winning the election?

My question to you is can China afford to have an enemy as strong as India? Can China realize its dream of competing with US in international fora with India as its adversary? Can China ever realize of becoming superpower with a huge adversary down south? Can China ever realize its true potential with an enemy as strong as India? The answers to all the question is unequivocal NO?

I don't want China and India to be enemies. I have said so many times on this forum.

According to the US State Department:

Tibetan sovereignty debate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not a single country in the entire world considers Tibet to be an independent state.

What Indian political party is willing to do that? Do they have a chance of winning the election?

I guess, it doesn’t take lot of time to change position? Or does China think it is indispensible to the world?

Some of the prime examples are

The meeting between President Obama and Dalai Lama
The meeting between PM Singh and Dalai Lama
The meeting between Hilary Clinton and Dalai Lama

I guess, it doesn’t take lot of time to change position? Or does China think it is indispensible to the world?

Presidents have been meeting the Dalai lama for decades.

Still, not one single country in the entire world considers Tibet to be an independent state.

And you still haven't answered my question, which political party in India has promised to recognize Tibet as an independent state if they win the next election?

Keep in mind that the Dalai Lama HIMSELF has stated that he doesn't want Tibet to become independent. Right now he is only asking for granting Tibet HongKong/AuMen(Macau) style autonomy. He also urged his followers not to use violence in the aftermath of the brutal attacks on Han and Hui Chinese by Tibet Independence groups in 2008. How come you are still supporting Tibetan Independence if his "holiness" doesn't want it?

Presidents have been meeting the Dalai lama for decades.

Still, not one single country in the entire world considers Tibet to be an independent state.

And you still haven't answered my question, which political party in India has promised to recognize Tibet as an independent state if they win the next election?

I guess, I have answered. It is the people that rule in a democracy, and Political parties have to change their position, if that what voters demand.

I guess, I have answered. It is the people that rule in a democracy, and Political parties have to change their position, if that what voters demand.

Has the Indian government given ANY hints at all, that it is going to change its Tibet policy?

Bearing in mind that even the Dalai Lama himself says that he does not want Tibet to be an independent state?

And bearing in mind that not a single country in the entire global community recognizes Tibet as an independent state?

Keep in mind that the Dalai Lama HIMSELF has stated that he doesn't want Tibet to become independent. Right now he is only asking for granting Tibet HongKong/AuMen(Macau) style autonomy. He also urged his followers not to use violence in the aftermath of the brutal attacks on Han and Hui Chinese by Tibet Independence groups in 2008. How come you are still supporting Tibetan Independence if his "holiness" doesn't want it?

I don’t have any position on Tibetan Independence. This is what Tibetans and Chinese have to decide. What I am arguing here is India to stop Chinese appeasement policy and realize the ground realties

I don’t have any position on Tibetan Independence.

Then why are we talking about "Tibet"... in a thread about "Visas"?

If people want to bash China, they should at least try to keep to the topic, or open another thread on the issue.

Has the Indian government given ANY hints at all, that it is going to change its Tibet policy?

Bearing in mind that even the Dalai Lama himself says that he does not want Tibet to be an independent state?

Not to mention the fact that not a single country in the entire global community recognizes Tibet as an independent state.

If China continues with the present policy against India, It is only time that India change its position. Already in this case India also has already denied Visas to Chinese Military personnel in protest against China doing the same

Back
Top Bottom