What's new

China confirms takeover of Gwadar port: Report

Chengy Bhai, kiyun be eik do plot lei dein aaap ko Gwadar mein ? Phir support kardeinaa bhai ! :cry:

Yeh "plot game" Gwadar mein bhi chal rahi hey kia?

Saara mulk bechnay key baad kia khaao gey?

Actually, that is a very good question: Just how is Gwadar of strategic importance?

I can see how it represents a second port in addition to Karachi for Pakistan, and thus a good solution to meet the growing needs of the country, but I cannot see how it can be a valuable resource worth a large investment to China (or CAS/Russia) without good road/rail links - which are not going to be feasible for a long time yet, if ever, compared to alternatives, given the many insurmountable obstacles in their path, both geographical and non-geographical.

Gwadar has a better chance of being an economic success story for Pakistan, yes. Anything more is dubious.

Of course, I would be interested in your thoughts on the reasons for its perceived strategic importance for discussion here, Sir. I hope you indulge me.

=======================

Edit:

stra·te·gic (str-tjk) also stra·te·gi·cal (-j-kl)
adj.
1. Of or relating to strategy.
a. Important or essential in relation to a plan of action: a strategic withdrawal.
b. Essential to the effective conduct of war: strategic materials.
c. Highly important to an intended objective: The staff discussed strategic marketing factors.
3. Intended to destroy the military potential of an enemy: strategic bombing.

So exactly how is Gwadar "strategic"?

I thought I already explained its strategic location wrt to American and Indian assets. It allows China to monitor activity in the region, along with other "benefits" provided by proximity.

That importance is independent of, and not contingent on, any rail links.

Attention... Attention... Guys/Gals.... Centcom is back trolling... hope no bad incoming news!!! :what:

I thought I already explained its strategic location wrt to American and Indian assets. It allows China to monitor activity in the region, along with other "benefits" provided by proximity.

That importance is independent of, and not contingent on, any rail links.

Mere location is not enough Gwadar to contain or even monitor at least US assets, given that these activities are increasingly done from the air or space.

Besides, has China changed its policy of no foreign bases? Short of that, what "benefits" allowed by geographical proximity could possibly accrue to the operator of a port? Better SIGINT collection perhaps - but one does not need a port for that.

Finally,

Chinese are spreading tentacles over Pakistan.
1. Pakistan gifts Karokoram tract to China
2. Pakistan welcomes Chinese military presence in Gilgit Baltistan
3. AND China takesover Gwadar port. So effectively chinese are ruling the northern and south western Pakistani areas.

Current govt of Pakistan is following footsteps its predecessors of gifting the tracts to arabs and americans by giving port to China.

It would have been more prudent if Pak govt would have opened a company for developing the port and offered few shares to China in return of its investment. The engineers and other experts could have been hired by company from developed nations experienced in Port building.

Mere location is not enough Gwadar to contain or even monitor at least US assets, given that these activities are increasingly done from the air or space.

Besides, has China changed its policy of no foreign bases? Short of that, what "benefits" allowed by geographical proximity could possibly accrue to the operator of a port? Better SIGINT collection perhaps - but one does not need a port for that.

I think the purpose is more of a civlian than millitary.
Some neighboring countries have been a nuisance again this port and also Pakistan is no soliciting Russian interests in this port so handing control to a recognized power like China would repel a lot of risk especially when Russians are involved who may want to declare Gawader as their backyard.

Yeh "plot game" Gwadar mein bhi chal rahi hey kia?

Saara mulk bechnay key baad kia khaao gey?

Actually Pakistan have deep Concern with China so China making helping hand to Pakistan for its projects..Pakistan do not allow other countries to use its environment for their own grip in Arabian Sea & Galf..but as good Trade Partners..

Finally,

Chinese are spreading tentacles over Pakistan.
1. Pakistan gifts Karokoram tract to China
2. Pakistan welcomes Chinese military presence in Gilgit Baltistan
3. AND China takesover Gwadar port. So effectively chinese are ruling the northern and south western Pakistani areas.

Current govt of Pakistan is following footsteps its predecessors of gifting the tracts to arabs and americans by giving port to China.

It would have been more prudent if Pak govt would have opened a company for developing the port and offered few shares to China in return of its investment. The engineers and other experts could have been hired by company from developed nations experienced in Port building.

Do you work for toilet media??

karakoram highway runs from Pak to China..there are no Chinese troops in GB except in Indian toilet media mind farts and the gawader port control is a civilian business contract for profit. The Singaporean company failed to promote the port properly.

Do you work for toilet media??

karakoram highway runs from Pak to China..there are no Chinese troops in GB except in Indian toilet media mind farts and the gawader port control is a civilian business contract for profit. The Singaporean company failed to promote the port properly.
Singapore is nt an independent country outside its frame, also if US can hve , a company regestrd in singapore, singapore govt, can't stop it doing things on its behalf?
That was the suspected plot, that's why singaporeans failed in gwadar!
Well I hve something for you guys, how much gwadar is become a key petrolling base for both china & russia .
Pakistan with its weak navay can't stop, allies atacking Iran or even pakistan from, that part of sea, has cleverly decided to bring both russia & china there to give a multi-layered defence , with a growing great partnership , with its newly found friends.
So read this!
It can let u understand the real great game, of the super asian nations against allies !
http://english.pravda.ru/russia/politics/28-08-2012/122006-pakistan_russia-0/

I suspect there will be more going on at Gwadar than meets the eye. Like I wrote, not everything needs to be spelled out in a press release, and not everything requires an overt military base. The Pak-China relationship is based on a long term alignment of interests. I am sure the Indians and the Americans are taking note of developments. If you feel they are unduly concerned, so be it.

Hi,

Actually---the pay back would be a lot more---. Right now the pressure cooker was about to burst---US was getting a serious anxiety attack---this issue with gwadar has released some of the pressure off pakistan---it was a must---. The previous def minister Ahmed Mukhtar---about 6 months ago had stated in an open press conferencethat pakistan has asked china to take over gwadar---even though china denied it at that time---the news media and public didnot catch on---.

I was wondering as to why he had made that statement in such an open and public manner. Which now I come o realize that pak had enough of US's shenanigans and told the chinese---here it is do whatsoever you want to with and get going---.

Pakistan needed a serious power player to counter the american pressure to push back on the american demands.

As on one side---they got the chinese involved back into the gwadar project---on the other side---they got the russian attention as well---. Two major super powers coming into the arena all of a sudden---it has taken the steam off the U S's charge---.

Were the americans expecting this---I am pretty sure they were---but were they really really ready for it---I don't think so---.

i would say---it is another failure of the u s foreign policy---Osama was killed by the seal team---big deal if he was found in A'abad---. U S would have been much better off keeping its mouth shut---being true to his origin---Obama could not hold back---. I bet you---if it was a white president in the U S---he would not have done that----that is smash pakistan so openly---.

Any one heard Obama's speach in DNC---the steam had leaked out of it---if it was not for his wife and Bill Clinton---Obama would be history in the next election---.

As for gwadar--it cannot be kept on the back burner for long---. For pakistan it does not matter much if china pays for it or not---they just want china's blessings and ownership of this port---and that would take off the pressure of american hegemony over it.

The chinese need for fuel is going to increase---pak need for steel is going to increase---russia needs to access another route as it is flanked on both the sides by the u s---. Russia needs to breath the air of the arabian sea standing on the beaches of baluchistan---once it does that---it will acknowledge its importance---.

If I was in the pakistan's foreign office---I would take Putin on his visit to pakistan to gwadar port----make him stand on the pier facing the arabain seas---and ask him to turn 180* and look back and tell him----right there is mother russia---just imagine a wide 4 lane highway and a double track railroad leading directly into heartland russia---an access never visually imagined while standing on the shores of the arabian seas---in front----mother russia on the back---pakistan---china and india on one flank---and the whole of middle east on the other flank----.

I bet you the visual with the story would be shockingly so powerful---it would torque his mind---and Putin---if his mind is set on something---he cannot let go just like that.

Pakistan needs something from russia---then pakistan needs to ell a story---it needs to make russia visualize what it is going to be all about---.

You see---it is different with the chinese---the chinese are already ways ahead---they already have the ability to visualize---that is why they started it and that is why they are back at it---russians on the other hand need to be shown the picture without---.

Gwadar is going to be beneficial to the indians as well--once they learn to accept that pakistan is---and kashmir needs to be resolved any which way it can be regardless---.

Iran is already a pariah nation---just to say that we will use its facilities is acting stupid and not accepting what is staring people right in the face and that is gwadar---.

Sorry guys---I had to delete the post---because I made some additions---thank you.

Back
Top Bottom