What's new

China commits $6.5 billion for Pakistani nuclear project

Is that some sort of Joke?Pakistan havent even developed a commercial nuclear reactor on its own yet.

And leave Pakistan,We are ahead of China in certain technologies like Fast Breeders,Thorium Reactors etc.

everybody knows pakistan is ahead of india in nuclear tech

everybody knows pakistan is ahead of india in nuclear tech

everyone?Who is your 'everyone' ??

In which field is Pakistan ahead?How many nuclear reactors of Indigenous design are operating in Pakistan?

Ever heard of Fast Breeder reactors?Thorium reactors?We are ahead of even China in those.

everyone?Who is your 'everyone' ??

In which field is Pakistan ahead?How many nuclear reactors of Indigenous design are operating in Pakistan?

Ever heard of Fast Breeder reactors?Thorium reactors?We are ahead of even China in those.
your ahead in nothing. china has other concerns perhaps as soon as they concentrate on thorium or fast breeders or whatever they will over take you like always.

your ahead in nothing. china has other concerns perhaps as soon as they concentrate on thorium or fast breeders or whatever they will over take you like always.

Ahead in nothing?:omghaha::omghaha:
We already have two Indigenous designs of PHWRs-220 & 540 MW operational.
New generation 700MW PHWR & 500 MW Fast Breeder would be completed by 2014.
Now how many reactors of indigenous design do you have?

And Overtake?Huh kid do you know China has just built their first experimental FBR,thats what we did in the 80s?

Do you know that We have already developed design of a 300 MW Thorium reactor,and have already initiated development of Thorium MSR,While Chinese MSR ( A small 2 MW one ) would be ready only by end of this decade?

Do you know that India is already world leader in Thorium reactors?

You do realize that all of Pakistan's Civilian Nuclear Reactors are under the supervision of the IAEA and all the reactors follow the SOP set by IAEA. There has not been a single incident with Pakistan's Civilian Nuclear Reactors. You honestly think that people working in PAEC haven't done their research before committing to this project.

Trying to argue with idiots who have made an idea or think they have somehow , of Chinese products , just by buying the cheap products aimed for their low come markets combined with the tendency to go haywire , the moment they see Chinese co-operation and assistance in Pakistan ? :azn:
This is something whose extent , even Einstein wasn't sure about :D I mean the comments here are hilariously stupid - single digit IQ's and dead brain cells come to mind .

Can someone here enlighten about the nuclear accidents that have happened ever in China or Pakistan though we both have operated nuclear plants for long ? Anyone , dying/having panic attacks of concern about the safety of Pakistanis ?

Last edited:
Can someone here enlighten about the nuclear accidents that have happened ever in China or Pakistan though we both have operated nuclear plants for long ? Anyone , dying/having panic attacks of concern about the safety of Pakistanis ?

Dont count yourself on the same league with China,They are ahead.You doesn't have much experience other than operating them.You only have 3 three commercial nuclear power in operation,and that too foreign designs.

And talking about hilariously stupid posts,I guess your compatriots too have contributed,post #61,#63 #23are examples.

Is that some sort of Joke?Pakistan havent even developed a commercial nuclear reactor on its own yet.

And leave Pakistan, We are ahead of China in certain technologies like Fast Breeders,Thorium Reactors etc.
Pakistan does build builds its own nuclear reactors , I am not claiming Pakistan is ahead of India but that does not means that Pakistan cant build its own nuclear reactors, in fact Pakistan does builds it own nuclear reactors
50 MWt Khushab-I other reactors such as 25MWT ones , India is ahead in this field I agree, but that does not means that Pakistan doesn't have the capacity to build nuclear reactors if you think that then that is nothing but over confidence in fact Pakistan does have the capability & technology to build & design its own nuclear reactors hear & it has build its own reactors on different occasions

The PARR-II Reactor is an indigenously designed and constructed reactor owned by the Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission. The PARR-II Reactor's design is similar to Miniature neutron source reactor (MNSR) and SLOWPOKE reactor. The reactor was indigenously designed by the PAEC as the Atomic Energy Agency's chairman Mr. Munir Ahmad Khan and his team of engineers and scientists also led the construction of the reactor. The PARR-II Reactor had gone critical and began operating on January 21, 1974.[6] The PARR-II Reactor is a tank-in-pool reactor with a rated power of 27-30 Kw. Same as the first reactor, the reactor is design to utilize the High Enrich Uranium (HEU) fuel. The HEU fuel utilize the ~90% 235U at a power level of 30 kW.[7] The demineralized light water is used as a coolant moderator and the reactor core is reflected by metallic Be4.

A PARR-II consists of a core reactor, control rod, and nuclear reflectors, and it is enclosed in a water-tight cylindrical Al13 alloy vessel. The nuclear reactor core is an under-moderated aray with 1H to 235U ratio of temperature of 20°C and provides a strong Negative temperature coefficient and thermal volume coefficients of reactivity.[8] The PAEC scientists and engineers also built and constructed the nuclear accelerator on April 9, 1989. The particle accelerator is heavily used to conduct research in nuclear technology.
Pakistan Atomic Research Reactor - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pakistan's first indigenous nuclear reactor was commissioned at Khushab in March 1996. The Khushab Nuclear Complex was conceived and planned by the chairman of the Pakistan Atomic Energy Commission (PAEC) Munir Ahmad Khan who began work on the 50 MWt Khushab-I reactor and heavy water plant in 1986. He appointed nuclear engineer Sultan Bashiruddin Mahmood and Dr. N.A. Javed, both from the PAEC, as the Project-Directors for the reactor and the heavy water plant respectively.[2]According to a Pakistani press report this reactor began operating in early 1998.[3]

Based on the success of these projects and the experience and capability gained during their construction, onsite construction work on the second unit began around 2001 or 2002. In February 2010 Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gillani and senior military officers attended a ceremony at the Khushab complex for what is believed to be the completion of the second reactor.[1]

The third unit was constructed between 2006 and 2011. As of 2013 it appears to be complete and in operation although there has been no official indication. Construction of the fourth unit began in 2010 and is still underway.[4]

Judging by external appearance all but the first reactor are similar or identical in design
Khushab Nuclear Complex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
The nuclear debate in Pakistan is completely ignoring the nuclear safety issues. We are planning on building more nuclear plants when the rest of the developed world is moving away from this technology. Look at what happened in Fukushima, Japan! The Japanese, with all their technology, were unable to deal with a reactor that melted. Yet we are pursuing an aggressive nuclear power policy and building these plants a few miles outside Karachi. Forget about how good we are with our nuclear tech. Can we deal with a nuclear disaster? What if a storm comes and hits Karachi and causes a meltdown? The damage will be disastrous and the government is totally ignoring this. In the long-term, this will cause a massive fallout in Pakistan and potentially kill hundreds of thousands of civilians.

Dont count yourself on the same league with China,They are ahead.You doesn't have much experience other than operating them.You only have 3 three commercial nuclear power in operation,and that too foreign designs.

And talking about hilariously stupid posts,I guess your compatriots too have contributed,post #61,#63 #23are examples.

Find me a single post where I have said that we are on equal footing with China , go ahead now . If we would have been , we wouldn't have been asking Beijing for help in civil nuclear technology . Do you even read posts or have developed a habit of somehow clicking the " reply " in haste ? I am failing to understand this childish nitpicking on words , how does " operated reactors for long " translate into saying that " we are equal " ? How ? We can design nuclear reactors , they are just not enough , now you start a debate on that and carry the thread into gutter .

Talking about trolling , I am seeing this as a regular occurrence in threads of Chinese co-operation in Pakistan , any and all . Our eastern friends just cant seem to digest that and will begin with " Chinese Chinese " everywhere .

You will suffer the consequences when your own nuclear reactors go into meltdown and contaminate the Ganges.

America and Russia had plant meltdowns, are you telling me India is such a genius country to avoid it?
When that happen will they go and beg Japan for help? They want China to jump in to help with their US-india condular fiasco lol. A nuclear meltdown like Fukushima will put india back in the stone age.

It makes me laugh to see how these people are literally giving every single contract to the Chinese. they come they build and they take the profits. I mean atleast try something on your own.

If I am not mistaken, Chinese companies are digging tunnels in Dilli for the metro.

No?

The nuclear debate in Pakistan is completely ignoring the nuclear safety issues.

Chinese just bought 1,000 MW reactors (upto 6) and the associated design.

This is the design they will be selling to Pakistan.

So the safety issues though important, are almost non-existent in these designs.

So sleep well my friend. Your AC will be on once the plants start working.

We are planning on building more nuclear plants when the rest of the developed world is moving away from this technology. Look at what happened in Fukushima, Japan! .

Japanese had a design flaw with cooling pumps in fukushima. That Americans do not have.

So there is no point in scaring people about something that is not applicable.

Oh

and the "rest of the world" only moves away from nuclear plants if they can afford buying LNG etc. for their power.

If you want to behave like Japanese, then you gotta have their history of hard work and innovation.

Only then Pakistan will have $7000 billion in the state bank and not $7.

peace

Last edited:
When that happen will they go and beg Japan for help? They want China to jump in to help with their US-india condular fiasco lol. A nuclear meltdown like Fukushima will put india back in the stone age.

Your post does not make any sense .

Pakistan does build builds its own nuclear reactors , I am not claiming Pakistan is ahead of India but that does not means that Pakistan cant build its own nuclear reactors, in fact Pakistan does builds it own nuclear reactors
50 MWt Khushab-I other reactors such as 25MWT ones , India is ahead in this field I agree, but that does not means that Pakistan doesn't have the capacity to build nuclear reactors if you think that then that is nothing but over confidence in fact Pakistan does have the capacity & technology to build design its own nuclear reactors hear & it has build its own reactors on different occasions

But sirji he was talking about commercial nuclear power plants .

They are different class compared to the ones you mentioned .

Back
Top Bottom