What's new

China Civil Aviation, AVIC (MA600) & COMAC (ARJ21/C919/C929)

yes "Manufactured" but only 3% of a Jumbo Jet!

yes "Manufactured" but only 3% of a Jumbo Jet!

:Pit's for sell.....they had to make a big noise out of every little progress.....C919 will help us to know the approximate timetable of Y20 as two programs almost started at same time

Y-20.jpg

Last edited:
Most likely the civilian experience gained from C919 will also provided input to enhance Y20. Clever move by the Chinese. At times of much needed employment in the west they cant afford to make much noise about it.

One of China's new generation of short-haul passenger aircraft, the MA600, was put into use Saturday at a civil aviation training base in southwest China's Sichuan Province.

The "Modern Ark" 600 was delivered in December last year to the Civil Aviation Flight University of China (CAFUC) by its manufacturer, the Xi'an Aircraft International Corporation (XAIC), which is based in northwestern China's Shaanxi Province.

CAFUC ordered two MA600 aircraft at the China International Aviation and Aerospace Exhibition, which was held in the city of Zhuhai in Guangdong Province in November 2010.

The MA600 is an upgraded version of the company's MA60 passenger aircraft and can carry 50 to 60 passengers. The aircraft has been updated with a more comfortable cabin and other design improvements.

"The MA600 also features better performance in regards to safety and fuel efficiency," said Wang Kaiyin, an official with the CAFUC. The turboprop aircraft has a range of 2,450 km.

The introduction of the aircraft also marks the retirement of the Y-7-100, the first generation of transport aircraft designed and built in China, said Wang.

The MA600 came off assembly lines in June 2008 and made its maiden flight in October that year.

XAIC has received 16 orders for the aircraft so far and the company is continuing to develop another new model, the MA700.

China's first upgraded homegrown short haul passenger aircraft put into use

It it breaks in Indonesia, it will be smoothed over. If it breaks apart in Western countries, the news will be all over the world. For Chinese, how do they find a cure for this situation, I think they will stick to all major parts must be imported from the West to reduce risk of political damage. You know what I am saying? At least the engine and major aviation system. If you have something to say like "sources say...", be my guest.

It has been a quite long I don't see any updating about this project, I wonder how far it reach until now!?

It gonna have its first flight test by 2014, and commercially available by 2016.

We have to wait so long it is because we are making sure that this plane will run properly with our own jet engine.

CFM will supply a version of the LEAP-X engine, the LEAP-X1C, to power the aircraft.

The CFM International LEAP-X is a high-bypass turbofan engine currently under development by CFM International. CFM International is a 50-50 joint venture company between GE Aviation of the United States and Snecma of France.

comacc919.jpg

china will slowly replace those western parts with chinese parts over the next 10 years.
then by around 2020, all comac c919 parts will be chinese designed and manufactured including engine, avionics, etc.

c919 will be the single aisle, china should also make a twin aisle after the c919.

china has already made the regional jet, the ARJ-21.

Back
Top Bottom