What's new

China bypasses USN Malacca Straits blockade: Myanmar Pipeline online 2013

My interpretation is right because you think with a secure oil pipeline you think you don't have to worry about the consequences of your actions by invading other nations by being blockaded. Your pipeline is just a pipeline. How easily it is to cut off a string of thread. You cannot defend hundreds or thousands of miles of pipelines. Bombings of pipelines in ME has shown that. Don't go and start thinking you can do anything because you now feel secure.

why bomb the pipeline? the entrance to the straits of malacca and Myanmar are only about 600NM apart, close enough for one CSG to cover both. Unless china builds a pipeline all the way from eastern china to Iran (at least) they are always going to be vulnerable in this regard.

Then after that you have to consider the stoppage of iron ore imports from australia and other natural resource imports from africa and India. China is vulnerable to blockades on many more things than just oil.

Ludicrous theory & strategy indicative of zilch military experience and know how.

BTW, USAF doesn't need to bomb that pipeline, we'll just have the CIA pay off insurgent groups to blow them up at different points and the PLA and its puppet armies will be chasing gremlins for eternity while the pipeline blows up here and there.

Cuba. 'Nuff said.

The US better learn to live in a multipolar world now because no longer will its untamed aggression have no repercussions.

Was that it just Cuba? Put out another one. Because we were about to go to war when the Soviets place nuclear missiles there.

Besides the Soviets blockaded Berlin which didn't succeed thanks to us.

why bomb the pipeline? the entrance to the straits of malacca and Myanmar are only about 600NM apart, close enough for one CSG to cover both. Unless china builds a pipeline all the way from eastern china to Iran (at least) they are always going to be vulnerable in this regard.

Then after that you have to consider the stoppage of iron ore imports from australia and other natural resource imports from africa and India. China is vulnerable to blockades on many more things than just oil.

Increase pressure on the Chinese. Oil is considered the lifeblood of an industry that consumes so much oil. Yes other raw materials are needed to be stopped from being imported into the country but oil is number 1. The human body dies after about a month without food. While it can die in few days without water. Have to speed up the process.

When i saw the thread title , I was wondering, which news article had such stupid headline.

Of course, it should have clicked who opened this thread :rolleyes:

Sino,why do you think USA will not spare few warships to block mayanmar's port near bay of bengal??creating a blockade in malacca strait will not take a whole lot of armada.few frigates in bay of bengal will effectively create a blockade against Mayanmar's port,don't you think???

When i saw the thread title , I was wondering, which news article had such stupid headline.

Of course, it should have clicked who opened this thread :rolleyes:

This is simply a stupid, droll and troll thread.
The OP even lacked the sense to see where the pipeline starts!
And the route that ships will have to take to reach that terminal end passes which countries!

So he just came to the conclusions that he was desperately clawing for, regardless!
That pipe-line is just another infrastructural venture that the Chinese are putting together. Whether that pipeline achieves its aim or even gets completed is a matter to be seen.

Given that there has again been a major shift and realignment in Myanmar recently.

In times of WAR China has to pass through Thailand or Myanmar to check mate the India blockade which is difficult if any of the countries do not want to give passage. Where as the IN in Andaman and Nicobar can easily annihilate these tiny Chinese bases :lol:. The string of pearls can not counter the Iron curtain strategy if IN.

In times of WAR China has to pass through Thailand or Myanmar to check mate the India blockade which is difficult if any of the countries do not want to give passage. Where as the IN in Andaman and Nicobar can easily annihilate these tiny Chinese bases :lol:. The string of pearls can not counter the Iron curtain strategy if IN.

:lol: dude the Indian military is just a rag tag punching bag for the PLA. Indian military is a highly disorganized and fragmented military that won't last more than a few days. Indian military is poorly trained and I'll equipped for an all out war with anyone let alone the PLA :lol:

:lol: dude the Indian military is just a rag tag punching bag for the PLA. Indian military is a highly disorganized and fragmented military that won't last more than a few days. Indian military is poorly trained and I'll equipped for an all out war with anyone let alone the PLA :lol:

And yet rag tag Indian army maintains Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim, :lol:

and PRC stations 300,000 PLA troops in Tibet, for this "highly disorganized and fragmented military that won't last more than a few days" you mentioned. ;)

Undoubtedly, Andaman is key advantage to India has in terms of a naval conflict with PLAN.

PRC is concentrating on military bases in Sparty Island, to give PLAN a longer reach, but certainly won't give PLAN the amount of advantage Andaman gives.

No wonder Japanese went for Andaman in WW2.

Was that it just Cuba? Put out another one. Because we were about to go to war when the Soviets place nuclear missiles there.

Besides the Soviets blockaded Berlin which didn't succeed thanks to us.

Increase pressure on the Chinese. Oil is considered the lifeblood of an industry that consumes so much oil. Yes other raw materials are needed to be stopped from being imported into the country but oil is number 1. The human body dies after about a month without food. While it can die in few days without water. Have to speed up the process.

I really love to see this: China has to face an opponent of their size and power: the U.S. Army!
Good luck, my Chinese friends.
Sending my many thanks to America.

:rofl:

Undoubtedly, Andaman is key advantage to India has in terms of a naval conflict with PLAN.

PRC is concentrating on military bases in Sparty Island, to give PLAN a longer reach, but certainly won't give PLAN the amount of advantage Andaman gives.

No wonder Japanese went for Andaman in WW2.

Andaman and Nicobar Archipelago is a huge force-multiplier for India. The Islands do not control just the Malacca Straits, but the Indian Ocean well south of Sumatra. Remember that the Tu-142 can fly unrefuelled from Dabolim to the Cape of Good Hope and back. Now put that Big Bird in Car Nicobar and draw an arc using its radius of action and see what you can cover. The Islands there and the Bays and inlets between are a Naval Strategist's delight. I understood that first-hand when I moved about in that area and it far surpassed anything that I could imagine. Apart from being one of the most beautiful parts of the world.
Undoubtedly, ENC will gain in importance over the years along with ANC.

So far as SE Asia is concerned, China seems to be making the wrong moves now; especially wrt the Spratlys and Paracel and the Eastern Sea. Thus just simply riling up ASEAN. Apart from Cambodia and Laos (who are totally inconsequential) nearly every other member of ASEAN has become on the wrong side of China because of this. Phillipines and Vietnam are actively embroiled. Singapore is wary. Indonesia and Malaysia are historically uncomfortable. Thailand is certainly not too enthusiastic about Chinese moves. Myanmar (though not part of ASEAN) has shifted stance noticeably. Not good for the Chinese.
Whether that change in Chinese behaviour in the region is related to an increasingly assertive PLA jockeying for power is still unclear. May be that will be more apparent after the change of guard in Beijing.

We have finally done it! The reason why until now China could not freely leverage our superior military power against our enemies in the region who are jealous of China resuming our place as East Asia's #1 superpower is because we were afraid of a US Navy energy blockade through the Malacca Straits.

Even though in the Asian littorals the PLAN is a modern, devastating force, nobody can match the USN in the blue waters :angry:

Now the solution is finally here: our energy transport will bypass the Malacca Straits starting in June 2013!! :azn

http://i48.tinypic.com/8zntp4.jpg[/IMG

Just as importantly, we are building a high-speed rail way through Myanmar to Thailand, Malayasia and Singapore! :smokin:

[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/rs5xz6.jpg[/IMG

With our energy foothold in the indian ocean, sooner or later we will deploy our military to defend this crucial position. In addition to our existing South Sea Fleet based in Hainan, we will need another fleet (Gulf of Thailand fleet?) based in Cambodia and another fleet (indian ocean fleet?) based in Myanmar. These bases can be securely supplied via railway and are defensible against USA adventurism.

Once we established these 5 fleets (3 based in China and 2 abroad) including at least 5 aircraft carrier battlegroups, China will exert full control over East Asia and South East Asia, allowing us to finally liberate our neighborhood from American influence and resume our position as the undisputed #1 superpower of East Asia!

Realizing this 5 fleet, +5 carrier blue water navy will take until the end of the decade (2019-2020) but grabbing a foothold in the indian ocean and Gulf of Thailand will give us the strategic space to develop. Otherwise, USA is effectively boxing us in by instigating island disputes between us and our hostile neighbors.

China's long-term naval development and power projection trajectory all starts when we break through the Malacca Straits blockade by planting our presence in the indian ocean with a pipeline through Myanmar! This is truly a historical moment that will be referenced and recalled by future generations.

:china:[/QUOTE]

What is East Asia's #1 superpower :rofl:

Who is the # 2 super power of east asia :woot: :rofl:

Who is the #1 super power of west asia, south asia, central asia, west africa, soutrh africa, north africa, etc. etc. :woot: :rofl:

Moving from the mercy of ASEAN countries, PRC will be at the mercy of the unpredictable Burmese for their energy supplies from the middle-east.

Back
Top Bottom