What's new

China and Pakistan to hold joint Air Force exercises

F-16 never participate in any exercise except domestic or western exercises. I suspect that only JF-17s will be used in these exercises.
F-7s and Mirages were used in previous exercise with PLAAF. I don't think JF-17s be used at this stage since they are still in Test and Evaluation phase.

F-7s and Mirages were used in previous exercise with PLAAF. I don't think JF-17s be used at this stage since they are still in Test and Evaluation phase.

I meant in terms of modern fighter, but the F-7s and Mirages will probably be used.

Anyways, the JF-17 has been out of test and evaluation phase for years, dude and two squadrons have already been inducted into PAF, and a third is supposedly on it's way. It's only China that's stuck on that phase, and only because they don't really need the plane so they're not going to be inducting it into their air force, considering they have more advanced fighters that they produce.

The JF-17 will be fielded by Pakistan, and the J-10s and J-11s by China.

are we really puppetistan ? we buy jet for fight exercises and even we fry them and eat . are not we free country ?

No, we can use them in this exercise, but the US will no longer be willing to sell anymore, or even provide support. The US doesn't want to give China any information on these fighters, as any exercise that involves F-16 and Chinese fighters would give China valuable insight into how their own fighters measure up to US fighters. This is understandable, as the US's main adversary is China, and the US still fields many F-16s itself.

Meanwhile, the PAF still needs these F-16 up and operational, with US supporting them, at the very least until PAF can get it's hands on J-10s.

---

Huh, just noticed I have over 1500 posts...did my rank go up? My status as a full member is the same...

...weird, I didn't notice this before.

No, we can use them in this exercise, but the US will no longer be willing to sell anymore, or even provide support. The US doesn't want to give China any information on these fighters, as any exercise that involves F-16 and Chinese fighters would give China valuable insight into how their own fighters measure up to US fighters. This is understandable, as the US's main adversary is China, and the US still fields many F-16s itself.

Meanwhile, the PAF still needs these F-16 up and operational, with US supporting them, at the very least until PAF can get it's hands on J-10s.

did they really need to show it ? i think they can daily have dogfight on border if both willing simulator exercises . no one can stop china pak if they willing to do it in secret .

did they really need to show it ? i think they can daily have dogfight on border if both willing simulator exercises . no one can stop china pak if they willing to do it in secret .

The US would find out if it was used, they have regular inspections of the F-16s.

Ok ppl can anyone tell me the best radar in pakistani f-16's??apg-66 or 68?

If apg-68 then which version and the specifications of that radar like range etc

Does f-16 have a dedicated irst??If yes then range will be appreciated

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...-force-question-thread-114.html#ixzz2dOJ7tjio

Are you nuts? Why are you using one post on multiple threads? What does your post have to do with this thread or any of the other threads where you have plastered it?

Mods, pls take note.

Says who ?

Shaheen-1

WWw3G.jpg

BTW Jf-17 participated in a recent exercise Saffron Bandit may be. Picture of JF-17 carrying blue missile training round was from the same exercise.

---

Huh, just noticed I have over 1500 posts...did my rank go up? My status as a full member is the same...

...weird, I didn't notice this before.

I'm pretty sure China already knew it well......

I'm pretty sure China already knew it well......

in terms of specs? Yes, but in terms of actual military combat against an adversary that knows what he's doing? No.

A plane may look good on paper, but it's in the air where it is truly tested.

I think both sides pilots have difficulty in communicating with each other, any solution for that?

Back
Top Bottom