What's new

China and Pakistan to hold joint Air Force exercises

@Aeronaut @fatman17 A Post on facebook is saying that Pakistan is first ever country to have Joint Air Force exercises in China no one before have done this ? is it true ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Enough has been done for now on the available JF-17 package.

orly-mini.jpg

Like what ?

Like I said no jf17 will participate. PAF hasn't done much combat missions with those aircraft.
Not to mention lack of BVR and other precision bomb load capability, PAF just wanted numbers even before making the aircraft FULLY capable.

What is the purpose of an exersize?

To validate fighting concepts,
To train pilots against different aircraft,
To train pilots in different scenarios.

However, if you are to keep pitching the same 32 pilots again and again into a fight..then what about the rest of the force's learning and warfighting concepts?

The JF-17 has seen DACT with the Chinese already as the fighter spends a lot of time there. The Current JF-17 squadrons are still very nascent, they are brining up their aircraft to speed.. integrating, training etc. They would go and fight it out, but it would still train pilots who would rather be better off developing tactics and breaking in the aircraft in line for its FoC.

By contrast, many of the Mirage pilots are going to end up as relatively experienced flyers by the time the JF-17's roll out in force. They need the experience which will be brought to the squadrons they fly in now(allowing for a force-wide exposure of learning) and to their future squadrons.

Like I said no jf17 will participate. PAF hasn't done much combat missions with those aircraft.
Not to mention lack of BVR and other precision bomb load capability, PAF just wanted numbers even before making the aircraft FULLY capable.

your info is not quite accurate.

@Aeronaut @fatman17 A Post on facebook is saying that Pakistan is first ever country to have Joint Air Force exercises in China no one before have done this ? is it true ?

i think the chinese have had excercises with the turks as well as the russians. who was 1st i cant say for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom