What's new

China admits to a dam on Brahmaputra

We already suffer from lack of water due to your selfish agenda. Let china build the dam so you too can feel the pain as we do.

You got India-phobia! :rofl::rofl: Its quite enjoyable.

We will work with china to find alternative.

Yes you will dig a underground canal from Tibet to BD. :rofl:

Dont really know much abt the effect on Bangladesh but as the article says theoretically the dams have no effects on water supply.

Although China denies that there will be any reservoir at the upstream of this dam, but I believe that in order to regulate the flow throughout the year China is supposed to build one. Otherwise, the power station with an installed capacity of 510 MW cannot produce(510 MW x 80% efficiency) = 408 MW of power evenly throughout the year. Without a reservoir, power production may come down to even a mere 100 MW during the dry season.

And if there is a reservoir, BD will be receiving more water than now through Brahmaputra during dry season. In such a case, it will not adversely effect BD. An adverse effect is expected if a large part of water is taken away to Chinese north. There is not yet any news that China is planning to do so.

Last edited:
The Brhamaputra on the India side receives most of its water from Indian tributaries.

So the decrease in level of water will be minimal.
So Bangladesh is also safe i guess.

But building dam means having reservoir , which china can use to flood the river when ever it want.

The Brhamaputra on the India side receives most of its water from Indian tributaries.

So the decrease in level of water will be minimal.
So Bangladesh is also safe i guess.

But building dam means having reservoir , which china can use to flood the river when ever it want.

so if water level will not be affected having the capability to release more water will actually be beneficial that and clean energy i see no problems with this

Back
Top Bottom