What's new

Chengdu J-10 Multirole Fighter Air Craft News & Discussions

Pakistan Air Force will postpone the purchase of J-10 fighter planes caused a huge reaction in China, a number of websites and forums reported and discussed the news.
China Military Report

lol we all were assuming that it may just be a rumor that appeared in just one newspaper but um shocked after reading your post
:angry:
did it appear in chinese newspaper?

Except for just one news source, no one else has reported this so called decision. Thus it can easily be said as unconfirmed report and as posted earlier seems to be a made up story. As no one knows this news source, and the major news sources did not report any such happening.

Don't worry, InshAllah we will get the FC-20s at the right time.

I have been saying this for a long time now. No offence but it seems to me PAF is not satisfied with J-10 to meet its 4.5 generation requirement that will be competing MKI and most probably Super Hornets. They want to integrate european advance systems and unfortunately it seems to me what ever was offered to them did not meet their requirements and IMO at most those systems were best for upgrading early models of Mirage-2000 or F-16s. If this is the case then PAF is better off with more block 52+.

I have been saying this for a long time now. No offence but it seems to me PAF is not satisfied with J-10 to meet its 4.5 generation requirement that will be competing MKI and most probably Super Hornets. They want to integrate european advance systems and unfortunately it seems to me what ever was offered to them did not meet their requirements and IMO at most those systems were best for upgrading early models of Mirage-2000 or F-16s. If this is the case then PAF is better off with more block 52+.

i agree with u sir...pakistan must concentrate on the US F16 block 52. and i hope u will also agree with me that in time of need like war time situations when we will surely be facing sanctions from the US. i hope u willl arrange spareparts and other tech facilities.....
as far as my info is concerned....no reliable source has confirmed that Pakistan is not buying J10....some times i think J10 and FC20 are both diffrent planes....the reason is that in news pappers always J10 is called with J10 and Fc20 is called with the name oof FC20....they separate them in news and by cheaf of airstaff...u may find this in Youtube..:china:

Pakistan Air Force will postpone the purchase of J-10 fighter planes caused a huge reaction in China, a number of websites and forums reported and discussed the news.
China Military Report

Origionally Pakitan Air force is slotted to get these birds
2014/2015

2010 (Development & Testing)
2011 (Development & Testing)
2012 (Development & Testing) AESA radar integration
2013 (Final Tests) - live ammunition and weapons test
2014 (Wepons test final checks - tweaks) start hand over (18 planes)
2015 (18 planes)

So what the new news probbly mean was look ... we don't have
J10B right now its advance version of J10 class , and its still being tested between 2010 -2013 so unless this testing is completed we can't possible be running this plane ...

So when testing is completed 2013 , we can start getting our shipments as agreed before

Some people just mis understood that as a postponement , we all know we kicked F16 A/B and invested in J10 becasue its a superior Chinese plane :china:

China = Quality , innovation , great BVR fighting capability, Dependable support

Here is our JF17 Thunder project
2010 25 planes + 10 from china
2011 25 planes + 10 from china
2012 25 planes + 10 from china
2013 25 planes + 10 from china local production can be 30 planes max
2014 25 planes + 10 from china local production can be 30 planes max
2015 25 planes + 10 from china local production can be 30 planes max

Here is our F16 C/D
2010 18 planes
2011 possibly 9 planes (Option)
2012 possibly 9 planes (Option)

So .... 'THE SITUATION' looks good

:china::pakistan:

Last edited:
Origionally Pakitan Air force is slotted to get these birds
2014/2015

2010 (Development & Testing)
2011 (Development & Testing)
2012 (Development & Testing) AESA radar integration
2013 (Final Tests) - live ammunition and weapons test
2014 (Wepons test final checks - tweaks) start hand over (18 planes)
2015 (18 planes)

:china::pakistan:

From where did u get these stats?are these ur self generated or got from some source? mean any credible source?

It is just common sense

AESA radar/ ENGINE issues on J10 are being addressed at moment and there is no hidden fact to it , obviously it means that we don't have the planes in our inventory :whistle:

Wiki has the reference - AESA radar/engine are areas that are being tweaked up

So if someoen stated the obvious in some post .. its pretty obvious what they tried to say ..

Look ...the plane is not ready as chinese aviation is working on the AESA radar/ engine finalization issues and with out testing - which is suppose to happen anyway , we won't have any planes J10B before 2015 so cool down -

We do not have these planes in our inventory

Before any plane diliveries are made from china to pakistan the planes are tested and evaluations are done prior to shipment - or any gadget...

PAF stop buying more F16s and J10 and better to go for Rafale!

PAF stop buying more F16s and J10 and better to go for Rafale!

Sadly there is a huge price difference b/w j-10 and Rafael i dun thnk we can afford them.Paf evaluated them sometime ago but didnt orderd them and opted for j-10

i agree with u sir...pakistan must concentrate on the US F16 block 52. and i hope u will also agree with me that in time of need like war time situations when we will surely be facing sanctions from the US. i hope u willl arrange spareparts and other tech facilities.....

actually i have arranged those spare parts for you. ;)
kindly go through F-16 deal which includes surplus amount of spare parts.

Except for just one news source, no one else has reported this so called decision. Thus it can easily be said as unconfirmed report and as posted earlier seems to be a made up story. As no one knows this news source, and the major news sources did not report any such happening.

Don't worry, InshAllah we will get the FC-20s at the right time.

agreed!!
first we heared about PAF going for 36 J10z prior to the FC20 inductions just to fill in the technology gap with IAF. lots of discussion took place in this very thread and in the end it turned to be nothing but a Rumor... same is going to happen with this news regarding PAF canceling the J10 deal!! as a matter of fact it is clear from day one that what PAF will go for will be the FC20 and that wont just be merely an export variant of J10 but offers a lot more in term of better avionics and an AESA radar to cop with the increasing threat being imposed by IAF's MKI and now the MMRCA deal!!

regards!

actually i have arranged those spare parts for you. ;)
kindly go through F-16 deal which includes surplus amount of spare parts.

even if the F16 deal concludes PAF is acting wise enough to keep other safer options open!! i take it as a nice strategy!
PAF must not invest in more F16 unless we have got hold of first 18!

regards!

China Military Report

I won't say it's a huge reaction. We don't actually have an idea how it's going on with the tests of WS-10A fit J-10B. It only started from late 2009.

are you saying that PAF made another stupid mistake.....they took great interst in J-10.....must have evalutaed it.....it is also on the record that PAF pilots were very satisfied with it....and PAF conveyed to PLAAF that this fighter can be as good as Typhoon....So are you making an argument that PAF make a judgment in space? C'mon.....I have told you that PAF is interested in new J-10 type (J-10B).....and J-10B has not entered in service......so it is logical....pretty logical....that PAF will have to wait for J-10Bs.....cuz PLAAF will be the prioroty.....then Comes PAF.....the best possiblity would be a JV type ToPT...which would enable PAC to manufacuture them....But i dont think PAC would be too mature at this stage....
Beijing could extend loans to purchasing countries and offer local assembly if there are sufficient orders, the source adds
here are some links i am sharing with you (i dont share my info links btw)China's AVIC steps up sales push for FC-1, J-10 fighters
China Defense Blog: J-10B for Pakistan

are you saying that PAF made another stupid mistake.....they took great interst in J-10.....must have evalutaed it.....it is also on the record that PAF pilots were very satisfied with it....and PAF conveyed to PLAAF that this fighter can be as good as Typhoon....So are you making an argument that PAF make a judgment in space? C'mon.....I have told you that PAF is interested in new J-10 type (J-10B).....and J-10B has not entered in service......so it is logical....pretty logical....that PAF will have to wait for J-10Bs.....cuz PLAAF will be the prioroty.....then Comes PAF.....the best possiblity would be a JV type ToPT...which would enable PAC to manufacuture them....But i dont think PAC would be too mature at this stage....

here are some links i am sharing with you (i dont share my info links btw)China's AVIC steps up sales push for FC-1, J-10 fighters
China Defense Blog: J-10B for Pakistan

PAF conveyed to PLAAF that J-10 is as good as Typhoon

But when this tregedy happened?

Back
Top Bottom