What's new

CD controversy: Abhishek Manu Singhvi quits as Congress spokesperson, parli

harpoon

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
NEW DELHI: Embroiled in a CD controversy, Congress leader Abhishek Singhvi today resigned as chairman of a parliamentary committee and party spokesperson in a damage control exercise ahead of the resumption of the budget session tomorrow.

53- year-old Singhvi, an eminent lawyer and a Rajya Sabha member, sent a letter to Congress President Sonia Gandhi informing her of his decision ten days after circulation of a CD purportedly involving him.

"I have done this only to prevent even the slightest possible parliamentary disruption regarding the purported CDs being circulated about me.

"Since I am a disciplined party soldier, I did not think it fit to subject the party to any inconvenience on this account. All allegations are patently baseless and false," he said in a statement.

Singhvi acquired high profile after the committee headed by him came out with a report on the Lokpal last year on whose recommendation the government brought a legislation on the issue.

Singhvi, who was taken off the AICC briefing last week, said that "canards and baseless" allegations were being spread about alleged inappropriate conversations in the alleged CD.

"People inimically opposed to me, who have assiduously spent over ten days hearing, seeing, amplifying and distilling the CD found no vestige of any reference, not even remotely, to any illegality, corrupt practice or wrongdoing. "Specifically, some sections of the print and visual media are spreading a falsehood simply by repetition and hearsay that there is a reference in the CD to the promise of any post. No one has heard any such reference in the CD. There is none simply because it does not exist. It is pure imagination, wishful thinking and sensationalism," he said.

Singhvi said the canard was spread simply to give the issue a public interest flavour since otherwise the contents of the CD, "assuming them to be true, (which they certainly are not), would disclose only something private and consensual giving a cause of action only to aggrieved family members (who have stood completely by me) and to no one else".

No congressmen has done anything wrong... ever :D
Only evils are in opposition. Ruling party is always right :)
I took 10 days........ I think he think a lot about it :D

These are our leaders...:fie:

kya jordaar seva kar rahe hain janta ki...

That applies to any party with CONGRESS in it.

No prices for guessing I am talking about the Congress from Bengal.

GB

What happened in the CD is that man's private affair, but the reason behind it is the disturbing part.

what is in that CD btw?

Your ignorance is amusing. I don't blame you as our 'secular' media was very silent on this issue until now unlike the BJP MLAs watching **** in Karnataka.

What is the reason behind it? I didn't follow this news.

Sexual favors in return for the post of High Court Judge for that lady.

Sexual favors in return for the post of High Court Judge for that lady.

How do they know this part? Is it from the conversation in the video? Also, how is he in any position to get her that post, since judges are not appointed by politicians or lawyers.

Then that would be another disturbing thing to consider, that politicians are able to influence appointment of judges.

Your ignorance is amusing. I don't blame you as our 'secular' media was very silent on this issue until now unlike the BJP MLAs watching **** in Karnataka.

eezy tigress... this is the first time I have come across this news! I only get limited ''secular'' news channels to watch. You are lucky to have those numerous channels blaring this info 24hr non-stop! So parden me for not keeping up on this one...

eezy tigress... this is the first time I have come across this news! I only get limited ''secular'' news channels to watch. You are lucky to have those numerous channels blaring this info 24hr non-stop! So parden me for not keeping up on this one...

They were conspicuously silent on this issue, so not everyone was aware of this matter either.

Sex Tape Controversy
In 2012, there was a sex tape released of Abhishek Singhvi where (allegedly) he was seen having sex with a senior female lawyer. The Delhi High Court restrained a media house from publishing, telecasting and broadcasting the contents of the sex tape.[6] Singhvi claimed that such a CD either does not exist or if it does, it is clearly and obviously morphed, fabricated and forged.[7] Later, on 18th April, Congress party, the party to which Singhvi belongs released a statement declaring that the CD was a personal matter of the senior lawyer.[8] On 19th April the video went public on Facebook, YouTube and other social networking sites.[9] Singhvi then blamed social media sites for sensationalism and claimed an organised gang was involved in broadcasting CD contents despite a court injunction.[10] On 23 April 2012 he quit as chairperson of Parliament Standing Committee on Law and Justice and as the Congress spokesperson.[11] [12]

This is atleast a 10 day old matter. But the fact that even known tolls in this forum had no wind of this matter speaks volumes about how 'secretively' this matter was handled by Congress and their media suckups.

Also FYI I only get 2 'secular' English Language News Channels. My cablewallah suc*s.

I took 10 days........ I think he think a lot about it :D

what congress have to do with it???????????????????????

Should I remind u of the:

1.) BJP minister watching blue film/MMS in Karnataka Assembly :tdown:

2.) BJP minister watching blue film/MMS in Gujarat Assembly:tdown:

3.) The RSS leader-pracharak, BJP's general secretary Sanjay Joshi's sex scandal on CD :eek: :tdown:

The morale of the story is that we should not generalize things.

There are good and bad people in every party. :angel:

How do they know this part? Is it from the conversation in the video? Also, how is he in any position to get her that post, since judges are not appointed by politicians or lawyers.

Then that would be another disturbing thing to consider, that politicians are able to influence appointment of judges.

Its all over the news. Mr. Sanghvi is the chairman of the standing committee for the Law & Justice..a very powerful position. Jury is still out on the matter of how much this position can be used to appoint judges.

what congress have to do with it???????????????????????

Should I remind u of the:

1.) BJP minister watching blue film/MMS in Karnataka Assembly :tdown:

2.) BJP minister watching blue film/MMS in Gujarat Assembly:tdown:

3.) The RSS leader-pracharak, BJP's general secretary Sanjay Joshi's sex scandal on CD :eek: :tdown:

The morale of the story is that we should not generalize things.

There are good and bad people in every party. :angel:

Doing sex in High Court Chambers is much more a serious 'problem' than watching it in Assembly. Also RSS is not a political party and there is no proof that Gujurat MLA watched ****.

Back
Top Bottom