What's new

CD controversy: Abhishek Manu Singhvi quits as Congress spokesperson, parli

Guys he was just having sex. He was just enjoying himself caused no harm anyone but anyway who was lady.

Guys he was just having sex. He was just enjoying himself caused no harm anyone but anyway who was lady.

Read the previous posts. Nothing wrong in him having sex, but if he was doing it with someone whom he has the power to promote or appoint as a judge, and she was doing it with him to get appointed as a judge, that is indeed unethical, and depending on their positions, could even be criminal.

There is a reason that most organisations prohibit sexual relations between employees and their juniors. In militaries, that is a punishable offence (as are a few other kinds of fraternisings with a junior/senior). Universities prohibit faculty from dating students and so on for the same reason.

We want our judges to be appointed on professional merit, not on the basis of who they gave a blow to.

Its all over the news. Mr. Sanghvi is the chairman of the standing committee for the Law & Justice..a very powerful position. Jury is still out on the matter of how much this position can be used to appoint judges.

Doing sex in High Court Chambers is much more a serious 'problem' than watching it in Assembly. Also RSS is not a political party and there is no proof that Gujurat MLA watched ****.

1. A High court is as to a lawyer as Assembly to a MLA.

2. Singhvi was having sex (if the CD is not fake) in his private chamber not in High Court but BJP MLAs were seeing CD in Assembly itself not in their private chambers.

3. What one do in its free time in private chamber is not of any one's concern but BJP ministers/MLAs were on duty not on free time and viewing it while in a live assembly session.

4. I know what RSS is.

5. You need to enhance ur knowledge about your party BJP, Sanjay Joshi was its General Secretary when his sex CD scndal was out in public.

And should i remind u about the status of General Secretary which is the most important post after the party president.

6. Just search the google and u will found that Sanjay Joshi is still holds big post in BJP and he was the in charge of the UP elections for BJP.

2. Singhvi was having sex (if the CD is not fake) in his private chamber not in High Court but BJP MLAs were seeing CD in Assembly itself not in their private chambers.

3. What one do in its free time in private chamber is not of any one's concern but BJP ministers/MLAs were on duty not on free time and viewing it while in a live assembly session.

4. I know what RSS is.

5. You need to enhance ur knowledge about your party BJP, Sanjay Joshi was its General Secretary when his sex CD scndal was out in public.

And should i remind u about the status of General Secretary which is the most important post after the party president.

6. Just search the google and u will found that Sanjay Joshi is still holds big post in BJP and he was the in charge of the UP elections for BJP.

Whether he was having sex in his free time or not and where he did it are irrelevant, if it is true that the reason they did it was that she wanted him to appoint her as a judge. Also, it is an offence for anybody to have sexual relations with someone they have power over, like their juniors, or in this case, someone who's appointment/promotion etc are in his hands.

And if they indeed did this act so that she could get appointed as a judge, then both of them have violated a lot of ethics, rules, and even amounts to criminality. On the woman's part, it is equivalent to bribing her way to a very important post. And he is guilty of accepting that bribe. The bribe in this case being sexual favors.

Nobody cares who either of them screw in their private lives, as long as it doesn't affect who gets appointed as judges etc. Public posts, as I said earlier, should not be given to people on the basis of who they screw. Because those are positions paid for by taxpayers, for the service of the country. Also, another deserving person gets "screwed over" (pardon the pun) when he/she does not get that deserving appointment.

All in all, this does more damage to the country than somebody watching **** - if it is true that this was a sexual favour to get a certain appointment, as alleged. If it turns out that he is not in a position of authority over her, then they can screw around all they want, and it is nobody's concern, except their spouses'.

4. I know what RSS is.

LOL.. BJP is not my party and you are arguing as if watching **** is more of a crime than doing sex that too for some alleged illegal purposes inside the High Court.

Whether he was having sex in his free time or not and where he did it are irrelevant, if it is true that the reason they did it was that she wanted him to appoint her as a judge. Also, it is an offence for anybody to have sexual relations with someone they have power over, like their juniors, or in this case, someone who's appointment/promotion etc are in his hands.

And if they indeed did this act so that she could get appointed as a judge, then both of them have violated a lot of ethics, rules, and even amounts to criminality. On the woman's part, it is equivalent to bribing her way to a very important post. And he is guilty of accepting that bribe. The bribe in this case being sexual favors.

Nobody cares who either of them screw in their private lives, as long as it doesn't affect who gets appointed as judges etc. Public posts, as I said earlier, should not be given to people on the basis of who they screw. Because those are positions paid for by taxpayers, for the service of the country. Also, another deserving person gets "screwed over" (pardon the pun) when he/she does not get that deserving appointment.

All of your argument are based on a fake assumption that he can promote or appoint her.

Its not true at all :no:

For u info, Only law minister and judiciary have the power to appoint and promote lawyers/judges.

He was just a lawyer not a minister or chief justice :hang2:

All of your argument are based on a fake assumption that he can promote or appoint her.

For u info, Only law minister and judiciary have the power to appoint and promote lawyers/judges.

You really should read the thread before commenting. I asked the same question earlier, and 'harpoon' said how he has that power. It is after that, that I made this argument. Maybe he is wrong on that, but if you think so, tell us why he is wrong, instead of saying that I'm making a fake assumption. I was going with the flow of the conversation, I had asked this question and gotten an answer, and so I wasn't assuming anything.

The reason stated by 'harpoon' is that he was the chairman of the standing committee for the Law & Justice.

Also, he happens to be a senior person in the congress party, and it is not a big stretch of imagination that he has enough influence to persuade the law minister to appoint someone. Politicians (at all levels) use their influence to appoint or transfer officers all the time. Ask any policeman/woman.

lol.. just happened to watch that video!! dirty little dog... Wasn't he the one making so much noice about those pron scandals in Karnataka & Gujarat assembley?

Now... you can not get any better situation than this to define that classic quote..''CAUGHT WITH HIS PANTS DOWN'' :lol:

He is the chairman of the standing committee for Law & Justice and by virtue of his position he should keep lawyers and judges at an arms length whether they are men or women.

You seem to favour Abhishek Manu Singhvi.. Let me tell you he has a family, he has no right to screw even if consensual. People in that position should accept that they have less rights on privacy, if he want so much of a private world he should not have taken up politics..

His statement says that the CD is morphed and fabricated, then he says it is his private life and he did not do any thing illegal. He tried to gag the media just cause he could from the perversion of laws this and that stupid Kapil Sibal made.. Is that not enough for you?

You seem to favour Abhishek Manu Singhvi.. Let me tell you he has a family, he has no right to screw even if consensual. People in that position should accept that they have less rights on privacy, if he want so much of a private world he should not have taken up politics..

His statement says that the CD is morphed and fabricated, then he says it is his private life and he did not do any thing illegal. He tried to gag the media just cause he could from the perversion of laws this and that stupid Kapil Sibal made.. Is that not enough for you?

He still says the CD is morphed. He has not said it is his private life or that he didnt do anything illegal. Where did you learn that from? He has not changed his stance, yet.

People who have a family also have a right to screw if they want to, and his family (wife) has a right to leave him on that account.

The gag order was not by any laws that kapil sibal made, it was proclaimed by the courts after the driver said in court that he doctored the CD, as part of a settlement deal. Hence the courts can prohibit the media from airing it until investigations are complete. That power has always been there with the courts, since kapil sibal was a baby.

Politicians have the same rights to privacy that other people have.

I'm not defending him, as my earlier posts will attest. I am only correcting some misconceptions you are making. He has no right to have sexual relations for favouring appointments or with anyone he has authority over. That is the only part that should be in public interest. Otherwise who sleeps with who is not in public interest.

He still says the CD is morphed. He has not said it is his private life or that he didnt do anything illegal. Where did you learn that from? He has not changed his stance, yet.

People who have a family also have a right to screw if they want to, and his family (wife) has a right to leave him on that account.

The gag order was not by any laws that kapil sibal made, it was proclaimed by the courts after the driver said in court that he doctored the CD, as part of a settlement deal. Hence the courts can prohibit the media from airing it until investigations are complete. That power has always been there with the courts, since kapil sibal was a baby.

I'm not defending him, as my earlier posts will attest. I am only correcting some misconceptions you are making. He has no right to have sexual relations for favouring appointments or with anyone he has authority over. That is the only part that should be in public interest. Otherwise who sleeps with who is not in public interest.

Your need to read his statement where he says he has not done anything illegal and then says it was fabricated. I have posted the link below. He was one of the foremost guy bleating in the parliament that the parliament is a sacred place during the Lokpal and then he is assumed to be in his chamber in the court. Before the driver said it was fabricated he took and injunction over it not to be published in the media, and you should really read the IT amendment act using which many have gaged media and social platforms to take down articles or offensive contents... in this case it was offensive for him. His driver and him settled the matter out of court, why? IF he is indeed innocent of not having sex with a colleague in such a controversial manner then why dint he challenge it, a simple fabricated CD would have shown in the tests...
Read: Abhishek Manu Singhvi's statement on his resignation - Documents News - IBNLive

He is a public figure and should hope and cannot have the same privacy as others, that is a fact not on paper but in reality and he was a prominent figure in the law ministry, a leader, I would not like my leaders to screw around at the first opportunity, that too in his office :P

Back
Top Bottom