What's new

Caste Hindus Torch 285 Dalit Huts in Tamil Nadu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enna thalaivarae ippadi kashtapadareenga. Muthal 2 ezhuthu tamilnattin peru pettra saiva unavagathin per. kadaichi naalu ezhuthu mezhae ulla perkalil ondru. :)

The scene in short, vaelila pora onaan. :lol:

Are you guys speaking in Tamil?

Just a question, how close is Tamil to Hindi and Bengali (and other languages) etc? Can you understand each other without knowledge of the other language?

Who is terrorist? if you don't know anything about him just stay away, don't propagate false propaganda.

Look here mate. I am too a tamil nationalist. But think in a different way. My older relatives have told me, that how sinhalese had tortured tamils (some worked in NGO and in political outfits, and helped SL tamils in height of war in 90's).
Prabakaran and other tamil groups were forced to armed struggle as they had no other option. I accept that.
But his struggle had started to show much violence. If everybody take example from him, from Bin Laden to ethnic groups fighting in Africa, they will also claim as freedom fighters.
Prabakaran had a wonderfull chance to work out with Rajiv Gandhi and in 2002. But he lost all that. He was a great leader but lost vision.
If he hadnt touched Rajiv Gandhi, situation would have been different in TN mate.
He is a legend.

Just a question, how close is Tamil to Hindi and Bengali (and other languages) etc? Can you understand each other without knowledge of the other language?

Tamil is not related to hindi or sanskrit to a bit. Its a complete set of language form in India. No we cannot understand hindi or bengali.
We can identify telugu and malayalam and adopt to them with some ease. I am not sure about kannada.

Short story - Tamil and Hindi have a different lineage. Not sure about Bengali. But it is not possible to understand Hindi or Bengali(atleast for me, I was a total failure wrt Hindi and failed 3 times in my young age and did not pick up basic Hindi until I got married to my wife)

Tamil is not related to hindi or sanskrit to a bit. Its a complete set of language form in India. No we cannot understand hindi or bengali.
We can identify telugu and malayalam and adopt to them with some ease. I am not sure about kannada.

Short story - Tamil and Hindi have a different lineage. Not sure about Bengali. But it is not possible to understand Hindi or Bengali(atleast for me, I was a total failure wrt Hindi and failed 3 times in my young age and did not pick up basic Hindi until I got married to my wife)

Thanks for the answers. :)

At first I thought it was like Cantonese and Mandarin, which are the same language but with different pronunciations.

A lot of the members here talk in Hindi and it looks nothing like the Tamil you guys are writing. It's very interesting.

Avlo kasthoma Hindi unake? I studied in Hindi medium for 3 years and was pretty good.

At first I thought it was like Cantonese and Mandarin, which are the same language but with different pronunciations.

A lot of the members here talk in Hindi and it looks nothing like the Tamil you guys are writing. It's very interesting.

It has to be interesting as we are still talking the world's still oldest language :D
One Question? How many alphabets does mandarin have?

It has to be interesting as we are still talking the world's still oldest language :D
One Question? How many alphabets does mandarin have?

Zero. :D

We don't use alphabets. In East Asia we use "characters" which are like like pictures, similar to Egyptian Hieroglyphics.

The one in my avatar is an example, it means dragon. It actually looks like a dragon too, with the head in the top left corner and the tail in the bottom left corner.

Avlo kasthoma Hindi unake? I studied in Hindi medium for 3 years and was pretty good.

I studied in Kendriya Vidhyalaya for 2 years, then studied Prathamik and failed, tried again and failed and they said I can go to Mathiyama and failed it. :lol:

Zero. :D

We don't use alphabets. In East Asia we use "characters" which are like like pictures, similar to Egyptian Hieroglyphics.

The one in my avatar is an example, it means dragon. It actually looks like a dragon too, with the head in the top left corner and the tail in the bottom left corner.

So what does the 'character' in ur avatar exactly means? I asked how its pronounced !!

That's why people from north find difficulty when they visit Southern India and vice-versa. So English helps here a lot. This is one of the reason of widespread usage of English and stress on English in schools.

Interesting thing is Indians find it more comfortable to talk to Pakistanis in Hindi. And it may be same, other way around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom