What's new

Capabilities of PAF Dassault MIRAGE-III/V.

Should Pakistan upgrade its Mirages to South African Cheetah standard if not Beyond?

• Yes

Votes: 181 59.0%
  • No

Votes: 126 41.0%

• Total voters
I wouldn't agree with the point that Mirage 2000s a was maintenance intensive platform, because these birds have exhibited excellent serviceability with the Indian Air Force in numerous occasions,especially during the Kargil war.

However,the cost of maintenance could've been high,and may be (not sure) the reason for which IAF didn't go for further orders of this bird.

This is what Dassault says about the cost of operation of its bird,

DoC.gif

PAF/PAC hasn't done right thing in the past like; PAF could have invested they money which was used to gain 50+ A-5C in to Mirage-2000 Program like Airframe and Engine. Also create AMF and Aero Engines facility in 1980 with French help along with Avionics and Radar/Optics one too.

So we would be building Mirage-2000s and about 250 of them in total and also we can gain license production of 100 F-7P and 100 F-7PGs with similarity in terms of Avionics with Mirage-2000s and keep the F-16s in reserve too.

So PAF would gain money from the sales of Mirage-2000s to other countries whether sold from France or PAC; shared money will be gained in returned along with a better experience that can help us in JF-17s especially in terms of avionics.

More over NESCOM, KRL, SUPARCO and PAC avionics division could have joined with France, Italy and Germany on Military and Commercial Electrical and Electronics development with them too which might result that in 10-15 years Pakistan would be doing all the things on its own.

:pakistan:

I wouldn't agree with the point that Mirage 2000s a was maintenance intensive platform, because these birds have exhibited excellent serviceability with the Indian Air Force in numerous occasions,especially during the Kargil war.

However,the cost of maintenance could've been high,and may be (not sure) the reason for which IAF didn't go for further orders of this bird.

This is what Dassault says about the cost of operation of its bird,

DoC.gif

So tell me, how much is India paying to Upgrade it's Mirage 2000 per bird? 20 million $ per plane, no?

Pakistan can buy a new aircraft in that amount.

PAF/PAC hasn't done right thing in the past like; PAF could have invested they money which was used to gain 50+ A-5C in to Mirage-2000 Program like Airframe and Engine. Also create AMF and Aero Engines facility in 1980 with French help along with Avionics and Radar/Optics one too.

So we would be building Mirage-2000s and about 250 of them in total and also we can gain license production of 100 F-7P and 100 F-7PGs with similarity in terms of Avionics with Mirage-2000s and keep the F-16s in reserve too.

So PAF would gain money from the sales of Mirage-2000s to other countries whether sold from France or PAC; shared money will be gained in returned along with a better experience that can help us in JF-17s especially in terms of avionics.

More over NESCOM, KRL, SUPARCO and PAC avionics division could have joined with France, Italy and Germany on Military and Commercial Electrical and Electronics development with them too which might result that in 10-15 years Pakistan would be doing all the things on its own.

:pakistan:

I must say that the root cause of the problem was your economy and politics.

And I must say that you are over optimistic some times,just my opinion though.

So tell me, how much is India paying to Upgrade it's Mirage 2000 per bird? 20 million $ per plane, no?

Pakistan can buy a new aircraft in that amount.

If we consider the entire costs its around INR 344 Crore for each aircraft.including the setting upgrade facilities at HAL,ToT and other stuffs.

For that money,IAF can also go for a new aircraft,Russians,Americans,Frenchs you name it,any one will be happy to sell us their birds.

But the point is that,we get a bird that is with us,with all the infrastructure,all the expertise armed to teeth with all latest tech ready to serve us another 2 decades.As a cherry on top,we get to master some world class tech and have facilities at home.

Had we gone for a new aircraft,it would be easy to say,but to select and buy a new a/c,train the pilots to the level of expertise that can be achieved only with time,to build the infras etc will take more time and money.

If we consider that INSHA ALLAH, PAC will going to produce about 50+ JF-17s Block-II along with the dual seat version of it on yearly basis that will include exports as well and about 100 JF-17s for PAF and 50 dual seat for CCS-PAF.

Then which would be the 100 Fighters it will replace; whether 100 of the Mirages???

Really PAC should be given money in 2008 to produce 100 JF-17 Block-Is and now to produce 100 Block-IIs to replace all of the A-5C, F-7P and F-7PGs which can be easily sold to BDs and other operators and later replace Mirages....

You beat me to it. I was just about to ask if anyone has read the article.

Anyway, the article is a tribute to PAF Mirages by "Alan Warnes"

By the way, why you did not upload the article "Exercise Shaheen II" from the same magazine (pages 80 & 81). Just curious.

Regards,

You beat me to it. I was just about to ask if anyone has read the article.

Anyway, the article is a tribute to PAF Mirages by "Alan Warnes"

By the way, why you did not upload the article "Exercise Shaheen II" from the same magazine (pages 80 & 81). Just curious.

Regards,

I was talking about Danger Zone upload

I am with that whether Mirages would gain life for next 5 years or not PAF should go for 100 block-IIs as it had to replace many jets from its fleet not just A-5Cs..

Back
Top Bottom