What's new

Can Bangladesh be East Pakistan again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
RR,

You maybe right in the 17 students allegory, but then it was 17 to your ZERO!

Don't fudge figures.

Docile?

Pretty good job done by the 'docile', right?

I am not a Bangladeshi, but I think they did rather well inspite of what you term as 'docile"!

And the best part was that they were civilians and with no military background!

RR,

And the Bengalis have THREE Nobel Prize winners - Tagore, Amartya Sen and Md Yunus and you call us illiterates!

Two actually. Yunus was not a Nobel Prize winner, He won the Nobel Peace Prize, which is a social prize, that can't be used to satisfy your ego unfortunately!

Note: they are not of the same religion. Brahmo, Hindu and Moslem! Religion has never been a factor in being a Bengali and brains!

Pretty good for illierates,what?

Sheesh, I'm not sure how you can deny Bengal was illiterate and still is illiterate. Literacy was 11% at partition, and now it's around 40% or 50%. That's still illiterate to me. Anyhow, I think docility was my remark.

How many has your community produced?

LOL. So it comes to bragging. Alright, here's one. The inventor of the number zero. Panini, Pingula, and many more. If you're still stuck on Nobel Prizes, then it'll have to be Abdus Salam. I would say in terms of intellectual discovery, his Nobel Prize was much more complicated than Tagore's and Sen's combined.

Please do some homework before you write since you only embarrass yourself and I am also ill at ease when I have to state the obvious that might appear that I have reasons to be proud about, when such achievements by Bengalis appear to be getting to be a normal facet of being a Bengali, even if pleasing, a fact of life!

You've stated you feel intellectually superior to other people because you share the same ethnic group as Tagore and Sen. This is also what Hitler believed to! Should Pakistanis feel proud and superior because they share the same nationality or ethnic group as Salam? I thnk not.

RR,

You maybe right in the 17 students allegory, but then it was 17 to your ZERO!

Don't fudge figures.

Docile?

Pretty good job done by the 'docile', right?

I am not a Bangladeshi, but I think they did rather well inspite of what you term as 'docile"!

LOL! Salim, get it through your head. Bengal was uneducated at partition, and so was Pakistan. in 1970, both had improved a lot, but both countries/areas had many illiterates. Shall we move on from this, or you want to continue derailing the thread?

Two actually. Yunus was not a Nobel Prize winner, He won the Nobel Peace Prize, which is a social prize, that can't be used to satisfy your ego unfortunately!

Nobel Prize, boy, Nobel Prize!

Try getting one!

I consider the Abdus Salam as a Pakistani who won the Nobel Prize and brought prestige to the country. It does not matter if the country did not recognise this achievement.

Sheesh, I'm not sure how you can deny Bengal was illiterate and still is illiterate. Literacy was 11% at partition, and now it's around 40% or 50%. That's still illiterate to me. Anyhow, I think docility was my remark.

Because you are fudging.

LOL. So it comes to bragging. Alright, here's one. The inventor of the number zero. Panini, Pingula, and many more. If you're still stuck on Nobel Prizes, then it'll have to be Abdus Salam. I would say in terms of intellectual discovery, his Nobel Prize was much more complicated than Tagore's and Sen's combined.

Heard of CV Raman?

You've stated you feel intellectually superior to other people because you share the same ethnic group as Tagore and Sen. So should Pakistanis feel proud and superior because they share the same nationality or ethnic group as Salam?

Same ethnic group as the two mention and Mohammed Yunus too! I don't differentiate religion with culture.

You are entitled to be bigoted in the manner you mention.

If you're still stuck on Nobel Prizes, then it'll have to be Abdus Salam.

He maybe an Ahmediya, but he sure is a Pakistani!

He sure is not an alien, is he?

Without him, you have no Nobel Prize winner at all!

BTW, Danish Kaneria is a Pakistani cricketer or is he from Denmark because his name is "Danish"?

What ever Abdul Salam is, is immaterial and only important thing is that he belongs to pakistan.

Furthermore, does the litracy in Bengal has to do anything with the Independence they claimed. I think not..

Without him, you have no Nobel Prize winner at all!

BTW, Danish Kaneria is a Pakistani cricketer or is he from Denmark because his name is "Danish"?

:rofl:Obviously..just as without Tagore and Sen, you would have no Nobel Prize winner either :enjoy:

I don't get the Danish joke..Care to explain?

Since the post appended below is your earlier post, you could start the discussion as you feel that none wants the Union.

If it was great, then obviously you would not have written this:

So, why do you think there can be no union?

hain yeh mein ne kab likh dia:confused:

Salim bhai some one else wrote this not me.

What ever Abdul Salam is, is immaterial and only important thing is that he belongs to pakistan.

Furthermore, does the litracy in Bengal has to do anything with the Independence they claimed. I think not..

That is right.

Literacy is an issue brought up by the Honourable RR on Independence of Bangladesh.

I am not too sure about whether it has anything to do with the liberation, but then maybe, you should bark up the right tree i.e. RR.

I agree it is getting a wee bit uncomfortable to defend the pipedream that Bengalis are illiterate and so indeed, a change of tack is the best option to bring fresh octane to defend the view taken by those who feel Bengalis are illiterates!

That is right.

Literacy is an issue brought up by the Honourable RR on Independence of Bangladesh.

I am not too sure about whether it has anything to do with the liberation, but then maybe, you should bark up the right tree i.e. RR.

I agree it is getting a wee bit uncomfortable to defend the pipedream that Bengalis are illiterate and so indeed, a change of tack is the best option to bring fresh octane to defend the view taken by those who feel Bengalis are illiterates!

I didn't mention literacy afaik, i did mention docility. But literacy also accounted for it. If they had more literacy, they would have been able to work out that Mujib's 6 point plan was nothing more than a country weakening exercise. So yes, it was illiteracy that contributed to the breakup through the belief in the Indian backed propaganda voiced by Mujib and conspirators.

:rofl:Obviously..just as without Tagore and Sen, you would have no Nobel Prize winner either :enjoy:

I don't get the Danish joke..Care to explain?

Why are you conveniently leaving out Md Yunus?

He is a Bengali too!

The joke is that you were cagey about Abdus Salaam, being an Ahmediya. So, is Danish a Pakistani or a Dane?

I didn't mention literacy afaik, i did mention docility. But literacy also accounted for it. If they had more literacy, they would have been able to work out that Mujib's 6 point plan was nothing more than a country weakening exercise. So yes, it was illiteracy that contributed to the breakup through the belief in the Indian backed propaganda voiced by Mujib and conspirators.

You are once again indicating that Bangladeshis are **** and illiterate.

And as per your psyche, after a few pages of this thread you will deny it by saying:

I didn't mention literacy afaik,

Make up your mind!

Why are you conveniently leaving out Md Yunus?

The Nobel Peace Prize is not an academic Prize. Mother Teresa won one for example.

He is a Bengali too!

Not an academic one.

The joke is that you were cagey about Abdus Salaam, being an Ahmediya. So, is Danish a Pakistani or a Dane?

I wasn't cagey about him being Amadiya. I don't really care what he is. Where did you get this idea from?

You are once again indicating that Bangladeshis are **** and illiterate.

And as per your psyche, after a few pages of this thread you will deny it by saying:

Make up your mind!

Keep your hair on please, if you have any. I did not know I'd mentioned it before but I have mentioned it now, and I do believe the Bengali illiteracy played a part in the breakup, and why Mujib's propaganda was so effective. But it was only one factor. An important one though.

I also indicated that many pakistanis were illiterate also, as is a lot of South Asia. This isn't something to be ashamed of..It is a colonial relic. So don't takeit so personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom