What's new

Can Bangladesh be East Pakistan again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Salim, this is just desperation. There's no proof his descendants migrated anywhere. In either case, we know for a fact, Panini was born in the area of modern Pakistan. His relations were from this same area. These are the only hard facts we know about him on this.

Sanskrit was developed in Pakistan. It was the language of the Vedic Aryans. Bharat simply adopted the language after it was developed in Pakistan. In fact Bharat simplified it to Hindi, because it was too complicated.

Note the word Vedic. You wrote it so don't forget that fact, since you shall backflip as usual.

Rings a bell?

No more from me since you are wasting bandwidth and getting tied up in circles.

Note the word Vedic. You wrote it so don't forget that fact, since you shall backflip as usual.

Rings a bell?

No more from me since you are wasting bandwidth.

The Rig Veda was written somewhere in the land area of Pakistan. This is what the Harvard Professors say, such as Witzel, based on the geography of the Rig Veda. Vedic Sanskrit was developed in Pakistan by Panini, and brought to Pakistan by the Vedic Aryans. You have to separate between the early Vedic period (Rig), and the later Vedic Period (Ajur, Athur etc). The first Vedic Period occured in Pakistan, and this was where the Vedic Aryans stayed. After this Bharat adopted the culture, and religion of the Vedic people, and added on books that became the second Vedic Period. However, these latter books were written by Vedic Dravidians. The point then is that Sanskrit was developed during the first Vedic Period in Pakistan. The Bharatis simply adopted/stole the Sanskrit language and the Vedic religion, and then simplified the Sanskrit, and added on things to the Vedic religion which gradually changed into Hinduism over the course of millenia.

If it is all Pakistani, then why have you not adopted it and only the Indians have?

If it all so indigenous to you and you are so sanguine it is so, then why have imported substitutes?

You should speak Sanskit and all the stuff of the Vedas!

Look, you are getting into a labyrinth!

If it is all Pakistani, then why have you not adopted it and only the Indians have?

If it all so indigenous to you and you are so sanguine it is so, then why have imported substitutes?

You should speak Sanskit and all the stuff of the Vedas!

Look, you are getting into a labyrinth!

Just as the Arabs were Christian before being Muslim, Jewish before that, some other religion before that even, and the French were some Pagan religion before converting to Christanity, the ancient Pakistanis were follower of the Vedic and Buddhist religions before becoming Muslims. It still remains part of Pakistani history though.

I now understand why you are so proud of your ancient heritage and so passionately espouse the great Sanskrit and Vedic lineage of yours!

We are proud also to share the common heritage!

We are proud also to share the common heritage!

Ahhh Sir Ray i wish if you could say the same about later heritage associated with Muslims, instead of taking as much as you guys take in Wolrd famouse Revenue generating Monuments of theirs ;)

Ahhh Sir Ray i wish if you could say the same about later heritage associated with Muslims, instead of taking as much as you guys take in Wolrd famouse Revenue generating Monuments of theirs ;)

We have it and you don't?

Unlike you, where you disown your heritage, we don't. India is proud of its Hindu, Buddhist, Moslem and British heritage. It is history and as Omar Khayyam says:

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it

-- Omar Khayyam

History and heritage cannot be wiped out.

And so we are proud of it.

If you are bigoted and do not recognise your origin, then it is your folly and funeral!

Sour grapes, what?

We have the wine and you have the vinegar! :)

It also means that the area what is India was more conducive to live in and construct! ;) :biggrin:

We have it and you don't?
Unlike you, where you disown your heritage, we don't. India is proud of its Hindu, Buddhist, Moslem and British heritage. It is history and as Omar
History and heritage cannot be wiped out.
And so we are proud of it.
If you are bigoted and do not recognise your origin, then it is your folly and funeral!:

who is disowning it Brig ????

Indeed nations are proude of heritages not beacuse they are fond of but it is tool to get pride and show the world look we were this in the past besides such heritage bring a lot of revenue in terms of tourism.
one must not forget the follies and ills of the persent too.
Its all about projection and money otherwise as you claimed if Indians were proud of interfaith heritages than you guys muct not have supressed the langue too. Urdu was discouraged in India was it not also the part of HERITAGE ;)

while when it comes to richness of the language they suddenly change the stance.

even in this moden era the indians taunt Pakistanis saying they have adopted an alien language.

Sour grapes, what?
We have the wine and you have the vinegar! :):
aik hee baat ha.
Vinegar is vital part of wine ;)

It also means that the area what is India was more conducive to live in and construct! ;) :biggrin:

It also mean that Muslims had never discriminated the area by considering it as land of hinuds or otherwise. rather they fairly developed it ;)

who is disowning it Brig ????

Indeed nations are proude of heritages not beacuse they are fond of but it is tool to get pride and show the world look we were this in the past besides such heritage bring a lot of revenue in terms of tourism.
one must not forget the follies and ills of the persent too.
Its all about projection and money otherwise as you claimed if Indians were proud of interfaith heritages than you guys muct not have supressed the langue too. Urdu was discouraged in India was it not also the part of HERITAGE ;)

It shows that even as a journalist, you are so ill read!

Our railway station boards are written in Hindi, Urdu, English, local language.

Urdu is a major language of South Asia, and it has been gaining in popularity since the independence of the Indian sub-continent. It is one of the eighteen national languages of the Union of India .

If it is one of our national languages, does it mean it is suppressed?

Enough of your propaganda and delusion!

while when it comes to richness of the language they suddenly change the stance.

even in this modern era the Indians taunt Pakistanis saying they have adopted an alien language.

If it were alien would it be accepted in India as an alien language?

aik hee baat ha.
Vinegar is vital part of wine ;)

Do you use vinegar in your food? If so, don't. Alcohol is banned.

It also mean that Muslims had never discriminated the area by considering it as land of hinuds or otherwise. rather they fairly developed it ;)

Why because it suits them since history began before their arrival?

Just for the record. Vinegar is not part of wine.

Sucrose ( sugar) in the grape juice or sugarcane juice is converted into alcohal (C2H5-OH) first by fermentation. If the process is not arrested, further fermentation would yield acetic acid ( CH3-COOH). Alcohal is essential part of the wine, whereas vinegar is mainly acetic acid. Vinegar is made from wine but it is not wine, no matter how much vinegar you drink, you wont get drunk.

Anything made from a forbidden substance, should be not be used if one is a purist.

But then the choice is entirely of the person using it.

There are pig skin leather accessories. Very beautiful too. But I wonder if that should be used by communities where pig is a taboo.

I wonder if anyone can drink vinegar as a drink! :biggrin:

Oh by the Way, Jana, there are Urdu channels on Indian TV as also when the news is broadcast by Doorsarshan, it is done in Hindi, English and Urdu.

The Indian Army uses Hindustani (a mixture of Hindi and Urdu)

Hardly discriminatory.

The Bombay films have Urdu words in their song.

BTW, I was wondering what would be the correct pronunciation for ajamana. Is it azmana or ajmana?

In fact Bharat simplified it to Hindi, because it was too complicated.

Lol....then I wonder why it was forgotten in Pakistan altogether!!

Another one of your enlightened statements I suppose...considering that it is Sanskrit's brilliant construction that makes it easy, not difficult, to master, unlike, say Chinese.

I wonder if you have even studied Sanskrit.....

In any case, Brahmagupta was born in Rajasthan or Gujarat. He did most of his work in Ujjain.

Next you'll tell me that Bhaskara was born in Sindh!!

Lol....then I wonder why it was forgotten in Pakistan altogether!!

Urdu is ultimately simplified Sanskrit with Persian and Arabic loanwords. Hindi is the same simplified Sanskrit with more Bharati loanwords. The grammar of each is somewhat similar to Sanskrit, but very different nonetheless. In fact there are some people who believe, with strong evidence I must say, that both Hindi and Urdu are derived from Saurseni Prakrit. So it's as much forgotten from both countries I would say, though Sanskrit was developed in Northern Pakistan.

Another one of your enlightened statements I suppose...considering that it is Sanskrit's brilliant construction that makes it easy, not difficult, to master, unlike, say Chinese.

Sanskrit is a highly complicated language. Hindi and Urdu are easy in comparison.

In any case, Brahmagupta was born in Rajasthan or Gujarat. He did most of his work in Ujjain.

Incorrect my wiki brainwashed fellow. Brahmagupta studied in Gujerat, but was born in Multan, Pakistan. His descendants would be from somewhere within the region of Pakistan, and probably converted to Islam in the 13th century. He also was not a Hindu.

You will need to be able to read French to understand this reference, but there are many others. This, from Strasbourg University.

"Né en 598 au nord-ouest de l’Inde, à Multan, aujourd’hui au Pakistan, Brahmagupta passera une grande partie de sa vie dans la ville de Bhîlmal sous la protection du souverain Gurjara."
Brahmagupta

Rough translation: "Born in 598 in the North West of India, Multan, today's Pakistan, Brahmagupta spent the large part of his life in the town of Bhilmal with the protection of the Gujjar kingdom." .. Bhilmal is in modern Rajasthan, but he was born in Pakistan, and so his relations would be from there.

Indians became adept mathematicians around 3000BC, but only the usage of zero became well known around the 6th century when Brahmagupta of Multan formulated rules of operation usig it
http://www.ooffouro.org/ita/RESEARCH/ABQ/OOFFOURO_ABQ%20- ResearchArea.pdf

Next you'll tell me that Bhaskara was born in Sindh!!

This really is the difference is it not? Pakistanis don't try and claim Bharati scientists such as Bhaskara, but Indians, such as yourself try and leech all the great ancient scientists from the region of Pakistan, because they are greater than those from Bharat. You guys can have Bhaskara. He was from Bijapur, South India, and was a Tamil. However, Brahmagupta, the founder of the counting system and modern mathematics was from Pakistan. This is undeniably true from my links.

(I await your denials and attempts to start leeching some more of Pakistan's history).

RR,

Your line of argument is interesting.

This is worth a check:

Rewriting the History of Pakistan by Pervez Amirali Hoodbhoy and Abdul Hameed Nayyar (1985)

Pervez Hoodbhoy
Professor of Nuclear Physics, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan.

Dr. Pervez Hoodbhoy has been a faculty member at the Quaid-e-Azam University since 1973. In 1984 he received the Abdus Salam Prize for mathematics and is the author of 65 scientific research papers. He is chairman of Mashal, a non-profit organization which publishes books in Urdu on women’s rights, education, environmental issues, philosophy, and modern thought.

Dr. Hoodbhoy has written and spoken extensively on topics ranging from science in Islam to education issues in Pakistan and nuclear disarmament. He produced a 13-part documentary series in Urdu for Pakistan Television on critical issues in education, and two series aimed at popularizing science. He is author of ’Islam and Science: Religious Orthodoxy and the Battle for Rationality’, now in 5 languages.

In 2003, Dr. Hoodbhoy was awarded UNESCO’s Kalinga Prize for popularizing science in Pakistan with TV serials and his film ’The Bell Tolls for Planet Earth’ won honorable mention at the Paris Film Festival.

Education Reform: Signs of Hope
Pervez Hoodbhoy Feb 12, 2007 interacts: 167

There is good news: the “White Paper” to “debate and finalize national education policy”, distributed in December 2006 by the Ministry of Education, though incomplete and flawed, is an enormous step forward.

Chowk writers: Pervez Hoodbhoy intro and articles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom