What's new

Camera in Space by ME!!

Razgris next time try filming it, that would be nice!

yes we also filmed it. those pictures are just a "preview" the whole film is coming soon! =D
my friend is editing them, ill post them as soon as he's done.
more pictures and a video.

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:19 PM ----------

razgriz19 i am still confuse how damn you guys did it . man plase come back and join suparco i hope you work better then current workers :lol: atleast you can give them daily new images of waether

Inshallah after getting some education, i will move bavk to Pakistan to join PAC or SUPARCO.

Nicely done. Good thing that it landed in Peterborough as Rice Lake isn't too far away. A few questions:

1. Did it land inside Peterborough? It would suck if it landed inside a private property.
2. Did you have to call any authorities about your launch? One of the website stated to check with the FAA.
3. How much did your project cost?

Nicely done. Good thing that it landed in Peterborough as Rice Lake isn't too far away. A few questions:

1. Did it land inside Peterborough? It would suck if it landed inside a private property.
2. Did you have to call any authorities about your launch? One of the website stated to check with the FAA.
3. How much did your project cost?

yeah i know it was wayy tooo close, and yes it did land in peterborough but not on a private property.
it landed just before a thick forest, like a few meters away from it.
and about the authorities, we checked it online it said any thing about the size of a shoe box or six pounds, you can send it up without notifying them.
and it costed just under $400, because we had 4 cameras..
and also we ordered the balloon from US

Just $400 including cameras and everything? I thought GoPro itself costs $200.

Just $400 including cameras and everything? I thought GoPro itself costs $200.

we didnt include the cost for GoPro and my cell, because we didnt buy them.
my friend already had the GoPro. $400 is for everything else

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

He didn't use the GoPro camera kit. He stuffed three regular digital cameras into a Styrofoam(?) box.

no we also used a GoPro except the result was kinda disappointing because some condensation built on the lense..

A few more questions:

1) How did the Toronto Star reporter find out what you and your friend was doing?
2) How heavy was that box?
3) Could you post the websites that you purchased your items from? Assuming you bought them online.

Sorry. You got me thinking about this a lot last night. One thing that bothered me was how one cannot control the descent. I can see problems if your expensive equipment landed on private property. Will you be making another attempt?

A few more questions:

1) How did the Toronto Star reporter find out what you and your friend was doing?
2) How heavy was that box?
3) Could you post the websites that you purchased your items from? Assuming you bought them online.

Sorry. You got me thinking about this a lot last night. One thing that bothered me was how one cannot control the descent. I can see problems if your expensive equipment landed on private property. Will you be making another attempt?

- my friend contacted them. well he contacted a bunch of newspapers but star replied first so yeah...
- the box was around 1 pound, it was some sort of "hard" styrofoam, my friend's dad is in construction business so he got it from him.
for balloon - Home Page
forgot the website for helium, just search it up in ur area. usually the welding people have it.
we made our own parachute out of nylon ripstop material, got it from fabric land.
and we got the GPS tracker from here - InstaMapper - Free Real-Time GPS Tracking
other stuff like cameras, we bought it from craiglist and kijiji.

and yeah i know it would've sucked if it did land on a private property but it didnt so its all good. though we had a note with contact number on top of the box in case if it landed on a private property.
and to be honest, i dont really know....college is starting this year so maybe during summer. not sure though..

GUY I WENT TO AIR CANADA HANGAR!
I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO SEE A BOEING 777-300ER AND BOEING 767-300ER!!!!!

HERE IS A LITTLE PREVIEW!! =D
THATS ME!! xD

dsc0231mv.jpg

I ALSO HAD A PRIVILAGE TO SIT IN THE COCKPIT OF BOTH AIRCRAFTS ON CAPTAIN'S SEAT!!

Nice one mate,Congratulations for great achievement!!.... Really impressed and inspired.. Can't wait for more pics!!!..
One question, How much time the whole process took, i mean like launching from earth till it lands back?

Nice one mate,Congratulations for great achievement!!.... Really impressed and inspired.. Can't wait for more pics!!!..
One question, How much time the whole process took, i mean like launching from earth till it lands back?

usually takes 2.5 hours but we kinda modified our parachute so that it would just drop straight, so ours was around 2 hours..

Back
Top Bottom