What's new

Camera in Space by ME!!

Well done yaar

Great work you did

between how did you managed to reach the place where it dropped?
and how much time it took to reach the edge of the space as well as to drop

as i am considering this experiment in near future :P

Absolutely amazing. And the most surprising part was that you managed to retrieve it as well.....considering how powerful the jetstream is.....unless you launched it from somewhere else, did it drift away by a huge margin from the launch point?

Well done yaar

Great work you did

between how did you managed to reach the place where it dropped?
and how much time it took to reach the edge of the space as well as to drop

as i am considering this experiment in near future :P

the whole flight took about 2.5 hours, and it landed about 140-150km away from the launching site. we (me and my friend) launched it and went home, ate lunch, we recieved a signal roughly after 2 hours 40 minutes, it sent us the gps co-ordinates. and we just followed it there.

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Seems you guys overlooked my thread on the subject. :cry:

Check out the third video. :)

http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/153178-go-pro-its-cool-bro.html

lol windjammer you'll be surprised that we actually used a gopro hero cam. but it kinda disappointed us as some condensation covered up the lense. the video is fine but not as clear as we wanted it to be...

Absolutely amazing. And the most surprising part was that you managed to retrieve it as well.....considering how powerful the jetstream is.....unless you launched it from somewhere else, did it drift away by a huge margin from the launch point?

yup it did, about 150km from the launch point.

your from Canada too, so ill tell u. i live in Toronto, and im TOOOOOO close to the lake so we drove to Aurora, its between lake ontario and lake simcoe. we launched it from there, and it landed it Peterborough (ONT)

we launched it on a day when the wind was moving towards north west. otherwise it would end up in lake or in US.

and yeah, retrieving it was a pain in the a$$ though, we went out on one of the coldest day, it was like -20 something. we walked in the forest there, we saw bear tracks and i kinda steped into a swamp but at the end we found it so it was all good.

thank you guyz!
now you made all shy and embarassed =D

I did this with a friend of mine, i didnt do it alone. it was like a 50/50 partnership. ill post more pictures and videos of it as soon as we're done editing the rest!

yup it did, about 150km from the launch point.

your from Canada too, so ill tell u. i live in Toronto, and im TOOOOOO close to the lake so we drove to Aurora, its between lake ontario and lake simcoe. we launched it from there, and it landed it Peterborough (ONT)

we launched it on a day when the wind was moving towards north west. otherwise it would end up in lake or in US.

and yeah, retrieving it was a pain in the a$$ though, we went out on one of the coldest day, it was like -20 something. we walked in the forest there, we saw bear tracks and i kinda steped into a swamp but at the end we found it so it was all good.

Holy....good thinking there planning around the winds, I'd hate to think about your project crashlanding into the lake.......I suppose the cloud cover would have let the camera record as about as far as Barrie eh? I wish someone would do the same instead from Muskoka but then again, it's mostly lakes. But still good job there bud, if this was for school, I'd give your group a straight A+.

Holy....good thinking there planning around the winds, I'd hate to think about your project crashlanding into the lake.......I suppose the cloud cover would have let the camera record as about as far as Barrie eh? I wish someone would do the same instead from Muskoka but then again, it's mostly lakes. But still good job there bud, if this was for school, I'd give your group a straight A+.

i told one of my science teacher, and he told us that we should've done this for science fair.
and man it was one of the worst day to do such a thing, it was freezing raining over there in Aurora, (water is the worst enemy of a weather balloon) it was also cloudy as hell. then suddenly most clouds disappeared for half an hour, (typical in Ont) we took the oppertunity filled up the balloon and launched it. the wind was CRAZZY though! i couldnt hold the balloon in place it was smashing me around.

Back
Top Bottom