What's new

Camera in Space by ME!!

Razgriz FTW!

You are challenging SUPARCO.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

I'm surprised the cameras did not freeze and stop functioning...

Oh yeah I am doing it,I have already given it a name "Project Andromeda".Thanks for the Inspiration buddy.

nice! named after a galaxy eh xD
and dont thank me, i was also inspired by some other people on youtube. i guess it just gets passed on..
good luck with your project.

Razgriz FTW!

You are challenging SUPARCO.

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

I'm surprised the cameras did not freeze and stop functioning...

ohh thank you! and noo im nowhere near them! =D
u know actually i was very concerned about that too, but my friend/partner said that electronics works best in cold environment. but as a precauion we used some polyester and handwarmers. btw the box was sealed by the tape.

WE MADE OUR OWN PARACHUTE!
we used "ripstop nylon"

dsc0117z.jpg

Cameras: Sony and Canon

dsc0118t.jpg

Inside the container, the empty space on the right was later occupied by "Go Pro" Hero HD camera. it was a last minute thing ya know.

dsc0143qi.jpg

FINAL ASSEMBLY!!! =D
note - the balloon was attached to the parachute with a 2/3 meter thin rope.

dsc0135mi.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

weather balloon..? 1200 grams weather balloon.
we used helium, the dude we bought it from said it was as pure as it can get.

That's pretty much the altitude you'll get from helium balloon. For higher, try Hydrogen, but it's more dangerous and may not be readily available.

I remember i build a R/C Blimp and we used Helium as well. It was back in the day, high school.

But this project was awesome of yours! Next time try some instruments and get some measurements just for the sake of it.

nice! named after a galaxy eh xD
and dont thank me, i was also inspired by some other people on youtube. i guess it just gets passed on..
good luck with your project.

You are welcome mate,but as I believe "you are never motivated to do something when someone near you(in this case on PDF) has done the same thing."

ohh thank you! and noo im nowhere near them! =D
u know actually i was very concerned about that too, but my friend/partner said that electronics works best in cold environment. but as a precauion we used some polyester and handwarmers. btw the box was sealed by the tape.

Electronics work best when cooled, but not batteries. Their lifespan suffers from freezing temperatures.

That's pretty much the altitude you'll get from helium balloon. For higher, try Hydrogen, but it's more dangerous and may not be readily available.

I remember i build a R/C Blimp and we used Helium as well. It was back in the day, high school.

But this project was awesome of yours! Next time try some instruments and get some measurements just for the sake of it.

oh nice!
and yeah hydrogen can explode, (remembering hindenburg) but its also a lot cheaper!
well helium seemed like the only way to go, and definetly if we do it again we will use some weather instruments atleast.

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 PM ----------

Electronics work best when cooled, but not batteries. Their lifespan suffers from freezing temperatures.

good point....i didnt think of that. (i sent my phone up, fingers crossed now)
and as for the cameras, we used lithium ion batteries, they can operate in extreme tempratures

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

You are welcome mate,but as I believe "you are never motivated to do something when someone near you(in this case on PDF) has done the same thing."

im flattering here =D

Little change in my quote "you are never motivated do something until someone near you has done it"

Back
Top Bottom