What's new

Buddhist monks terrorists set 70 houses aflame

Keep your doors and windows shut tight, so that you cant see the things happining in your country and when it comes to others run around with a magnifying glass.
Way to go.:yahoo:

India mostly regards Buddhism as nothing more than a political tool these days, and besides, most Hindus have historically looked down on Buddhists anyway. Why do you even care about these Buddhists in Myanmar?

Its better to not talk about topics you are completely ignorant about. Hindus looked down on buddhists? in which alternate universe? I am a hindu and this is the 1st time hearing this.

India despite being 80%+ Hindu, has a flag with the Ashoka Chakra, which is the only religious symbol in our flag, and it represents a Buddhist philosophy.

We care about Buddhists in Myanmar because they follow a religion which we can relate to, as Buddhism was an indian invention.

I personally think that INDIANS are behind the curtain of all this... don't you remember "MUKTI BAHNI" in Bangladesh in 1971? Some pictures of killing innocents in Bangladesh and blaming Pakistan Army as being involve in that Massacre...!! but all this is time, that proved that only Indians were behind those curtains too. And this time they just want to break friendship of Pakistan and China by killing in the name of Budhists (Note: This is my personal view. For those who took offense could disagree with me.)

If you Skipped your breakfast , I am sure Indians would be behind that as well ,conspiring to make sure mard-e-momin goes hungry .

This is not a religious clash but rather a etnic racial clash. No Buddhist ever fight in the name of Buddha because it is prohibited, and Buddism advocate non-violence and certaintly no killings. Religious pretext was used because it so happened that one side is Muslim while the other is Buddhist.

If you Skipped your breakfast , I am sure Indians would be behind that as well ,conspiring to make sure mard-e-momin goes hungry .
I am not saying that dear. THIS IS WHAT AN EXAGGERATION from your side. INDIA is a big country and we accept this. But if you slap your neighbor and think we will not counter you back, then until and unless each of PAKISTANI is alive, i assure you that we will counter back your offense.
what I was saying that do you deny involvement of INDIA in Bangladesh, Baluchistan, terrorist activities in KPK and Karachi, despite of solid evidences and pictorial facts? then this is just irrational behavior from your side, not from Pakistan!

This is not a religious clash but rather a etnic racial clash. No Buddhist ever fight in the name of Buddha because it is prohibited, and Buddism advocate non-violence and certaintly no killings. Religious pretext was used because it so happened that one side is Muslim while the other is Buddhist.

Its a religious clash ding bat Buddhists monks are inciting and controlling the violence

They are not REAL buddhists and REAL buddhism doesn't allow these type of things ,stop blaming buddhism for everything .

Ohh i forgot .........they are not following TRUE buddhism :cry:

I am not saying that dear. THIS IS WHAT AN EXAGGERATION from your side. INDIA is a big country and we accept this. But if you slap your neighbor and think we will not counter you back, then until and unless each of PAKISTANI is alive, i assure you that we will counter back your offense.
what I was saying that do you deny involvement of INDIA in Bangladesh, Baluchistan, terrorist activities in KPK and Karachi, despite of solid evidences and pictorial facts? then this is just irrational behavior from your side, not from Pakistan!

Which SOlid Evidence and which Pictorial Facts ?? Why is Pakistan shying away from presenting "solid evidence and pictorial facts" to UN ??

I will tell you why . Its because all these are in your heads .

My friend, you despite being from a Muslim nation, understand facts and discuss rationally.

Actually, it is a religion problem. The Rakhine problem is old when islamic separatism was started in the cold war era immediately after the independence. However, Burmese government was aggressive and curbed these actions strongly.

As a result more and more communal problem built up to such an extent that the riots happened in the state.

It went so bad that you recently saw the attack against our holiest shrine in Gaya. It is equivalent to the level if someone attacked your holy site in Mecca in Saudi. Imagine how bad you would feel.

Buddhist monks set 70 houses aflame

524ab4a3bf37d.jpeg

President Thein Sein traveled to Myanmar's conflict-torn west on Tuesday as a new spate of sectarian violence gripped the state of Rakhine, with police saying Buddhist rioters killed a 94-year-old Muslim woman and torched more than 70 homes.

Police officer Kyaw Naing said clashes broke out in Thabyachaing village, about 20 kilometres north of the coastal town of Thandwe, on Tuesday afternoon.

He said the 94-year-old woman, Aye Kyi, died of stab wounds and that between 70 and 80 houses were set on fire.

The visit by Thein Sein to the divided region was his first since sectarian violence broke out more than a year ago. He arrived in the Rakhine state capital of Sittwe and was scheduled to travel to several more towns in the area, including Maungdaw to the north and Thandwe to the south, where Buddhist mobs started torching Muslim homes Sunday, a senior official in the president's office said.

He declined to be identified because he was not authorized to speak about the sensitive trip.

Sectarian clashes that began in Rakhine state in June 2012 have since morphed into an anti-Muslim campaign that has spread to towns and villages nationwide. So far, hundreds of people have been killed and more than 140,000 have fled their homes, the vast majority of them Muslims.

Thein Sein, who was initially praised for making moves to transition from half a century of military rule, has also been criticized for failing to contain the unrest and protect the country's embattled Muslim minority.

The latest flare-up began in the coastal town of Thandwe on Saturday after a Buddhist taxi driver told police he had been verbally abused by a Muslim small business owner while trying to park in front of his shop, according to a state government spokesman.

Police took the Muslim man in for questioning, but when he was released soon afterward, people became angry and started throwing stones at his home.

Several houses were burned Sunday, and a curfew was imposed. But on Tuesday, ethnic Rakhine Buddhist mobs began new arson attacks in the region, 270 kilometres northwest of Yangon.

Hundreds of rioters burned ''many'' Muslim homes in three villages near Thandwe on Tuesday morning, according to a police officer stationed in Thandwe who declined to be identified. He said the villages included Thabyuchaing, Shwe Hlay and Linthi, all of them about 30 kilometres from the town center.

A Muslim resident of Thandwe, Myo Min, said three other villages elsewhere had also been hit, and some Buddhist homes were burned in the mayhem.

A similar incident occurred in Thandwe three months ago when two Muslim houses were burned down after rumors circulated that a woman had been raped by Muslim men.

Buddhist monks set 70 houses aflame - DAWN.COM

what horrible creatures buddhist monks have proven to be, comparable to any religious terrorists.

Please read the above article carefully, and word by word if you could, except the article title. No where in the article mentioned the words "Buddhist Monk". It mentioned Buddhist MOB, not Buddhist Monks. Obviously someone manipulated the article and put the word Buddhist Monk on the article title. What a shame manipulating to stir up religious discord.

Where in the article that said Buddhist monks are involved???

Back
Top Bottom