What's new

British didn't colonize Hong Kong People

British didn't loot Hongkong unlike their plunder of India.
British looted Hong Kong's treasury clean with massive public projects before they left, leaving Hong Kong extremely vulnerable to 1997 Financial Crisis had China not intervened. Most of those projects were unnecessary at the time.

If KMT was the one who won HK wouldn't have any of these problems today.

I prefer Cantonese to Mandarin, I find Mandarin sound ugly to be honest.
If it was KMT, they wouldn't have the guts to demand HK back from the British. As far as language goes, each to his own. As a speaker of both Cantonese and Mandarin, Mandarin is the better sounding of the two to me.

If KMT was the one who won HK wouldn't have any of these problems today

I prefer Cantonese to Mandarin, I find Mandarin sound ugly to be honest
If it was KMT, they wouldn't have the guts to demand HK back from the British. As far as language goes, each to his own. As a speaker of both Cantonese and Mandarin, Mandarin is the better sounding of the two to me.

How would you know they wouldn't have the guts to demand HK back?

Cantonese and Mandarin are both ugly but so are all Chinese dialects I've heard.

You can't blame everything to Qing dynasty. There was a period that Qing did the best to China.

It was the Christian Taiping rebellion that destroyed China at the time. Then continued with Christian rulers of KMT and then the Communists.

And it is gaining momentum in some places. I do not understand why anyone in the 21st century still believe in fairy tales written 2000 years ago.

If KMT was the one who won HK wouldn't have any of these problems today

I prefer Cantonese to Mandarin, I find Mandarin sound ugly to be honest

How would you know they wouldn't have the guts to demand HK back?

Cantonese and Mandarin are both ugly but so are all Chinese dialects I've heard.
KMT's rule in China was plagued with inability to stand up for Chinese sovereignty, corruption and internal fighting. All they did was please foreign powers at the expense of their own citizens. In fact, they're still an American pawn today, after more than 100 years. Do you trust a prostitute to uphold her virginity?

Like I said regarding language, each to our own.

Chinese are very good in introspection. It is good that we learnt and would not repeat mistake of the past. But there is a point where it is too much.

For all I know, the century of humiliation is not self-inflicted.

I'm Indian Hong Konger myself and plenty of times some Hong Kong people say they were colonized but this does not make sense whatsoever if you read it's history.
If Hong Kong were not colonized then what would you call? Hong Kong were loaned to British?

If KMT was the one who won HK wouldn't have any of these problems today.

I prefer Cantonese to Mandarin, I find Mandarin sound ugly to be honest.
The founder of the KMT tried to sell out North-East of China and Mongolia to Japan in order to gain Japanese support. Also the KMT even let those traitors controlled by the Soviet made Outer Mongolia separate from China.

If Hong Kong were not colonized then what would you call? Hong Kong were loaned to British?

Hong Kong was colonized but the people were not. The people basically rushed in and were invited by the British to help build all the architecture in city as construction workers and eventually needed to live under British rules and laws, they could have leave anytime they wanted to but they chose not to because of the fanime and wars. This is too different with other colonies who were forced to live in a territory that was already inhabited by Millions but were taken over with force by the British empire.

Last edited:
It was corrupted Qing dynasty who led China to the dark age. Strange enough Qing is a Chinese traditional culture advocate. Hk has no industry. It's a parasite of mainland Chinese.

Actually it is Hong Kong people who think mainland Chinese are parasites. You ask any Hong Kong person and they will tell you this.

1. Hong Kong always make the largest donation to to corrupt communist government when ever there is earthquake

2. Hong Kong companies invested a lot to China

3. Mainland Chinese migrants are only contributing 5% of Hong Kong economy but are causing problems to locals and their daily life because you prefer HK products

You can't blame everything to Qing dynasty. There was a period that Qing did the best to China.

It was the Christian Taiping rebellion that destroyed China at the time. Then continued with Christian rulers of KMT and then the Communists.

HK and Taiwan helped and invested to China a lot during the cultural revolution.
Hong Kong made the largest donations and Taiwan invest their companies.

The founder of the KMT tried to sell out North-East of China and Mongolia to Japan in order to gain Japanese support. Also the KMT even let those traitors controlled by the Soviet made Outer Mongolia separate from China.

Indeed, we all know that CPC also has made a lot of mistakes, but at least they are still a trillion times better than KMT, and they are China's only hope.

CPC will be forced to fix its problems, but KMT will be cursed forever in China's history.

Indeed, we all know that CPC also has made a lot of mistakes, but at least they are still a trillion times better than KMT, and they are China's only hope.

CPC will be forced to fix its problems, but KMT will be cursed forever in China's history.
CPC need to hire better PR people. The Nazis had better PR than these guys.

Back
Top Bottom