What's new

Boy has Arabic script from the Koran appear on skin

I can't believe some people here are actually taking this seriously.

Do you believe in witches, demons, fairies and angels too? I mean that they actually exist and intervene in our world and are not symbols or metaphors? Do you think magic is real? How about Vampires and Werewolves? :rolleyes:

Which century are we living in again? :blink:
That is why you are the unbeliever :P Anyways i believe in the existence of air & gravity & guess what i have never seen either of them, so just because if any idea doesn't comport with the scientific knowledge it is liable to be rejected? If it works for you then good for you, but a lot of people in the world like to keep an open perspective on the mysteries of life. . . . .

That is why you are the unbeliever :P Anyways i believe in the existence of air & gravity & guess what i have never seen either of them,

That argument is perhaps the weakest one that God believers can make. You can not see air and gravity but their presence has been scientifically explained and tested.

so just because if any idea doesn't comport with the scientific knowledge it is liable to be rejected?

It is to be rejected until a valid explanation can be put forth. Imaginary friends in the sky, Ghosts, evil spirits, pink unicorns do not qualify as a plausible explanation

That argument is perhaps the weakest one that God believers can make. You can not see air and gravity but their presence has been scientifically explained and tested.
And that is why i said i believe in them. i think it is these Millions of God believers who are responsible for consolidating the contemporary form of science & technology, their remarkable contributions to science have made it the most dominating field today, so it's an irrelevant argument of the atheists that people who who are monotheist or polytheist are like the antonyms of science.

It is to be rejected until a valid explanation can be put forth. Imaginary friends in the sky, Ghosts, evil spirits, pink unicorns do not qualify as a plausible explanation
Science is brainchild of human mind, science can tell you to take a DNA & create life but cannot tell you how to create that DNA, point is that, there are so many mysteries of life which science hasn't unraveled so far, till now there is no cure for HIV, so going with the logic of professing self denial one should stop researching on finding the cure for HIV or even Herpes( they are also incurable though not life threatening). In short Science is an evolutionary process which has a long way to go before it can denounce or embrace the so-called myths. if the reality was abhorrent to this statement then people should have been teleporting them selves around when Einstein gave the "Theory of relativity" & concluded that matter can be converted to energy, but the fact is that even today this is not happening, why because science doesn't give a living meaning to man's hypothesis unless he himself proves it true.

I am sure even you consult books before preparing for a debate to prove your points merely logic doesn't work without study and research have you done your home work? Have you done you credible research/publications? I find your statements contradictory and there is no reason why someone without publications can't go for a debate I am sure that person would always do a research.

You are taking me completely out of context. First of all unlike our self proclaimed know it all (Tuahaa) I don't claim to be scientist or know all the answers. When I do post something related to Science it will be backed by legitimate professional references (not by me) but which more or less everyone will agree to because they will be done by someone who will be an expert in that specific field of study with sound and credible resources & I have done that numerous times on these boards.

Tuahaa
Also listen to Zakir Naik's lectures. He always explains Qur'an through science

Don't worry man, I got answers

These words are what I have a grudge against, when someone claims that he for sure, knows all the answers, to all questions, that person is outright lying because he does not, and for anyone to actually believe him would be nothing more than intellectual dishonesty on his/her part.

It would depend on the subject of science, there are many scientific answers to scientific questions The Religious Book that you're asking others to to refrain from and that would again be a plain stupid if the question is answered right from The Book but the negativity towards it is keeping someone away from believing in that scientific answer/solution.

Lastly the copy paste argument. Please even atheists, scientists keep the copy paste or written stuff for their debates its no big deal and it is a part of research even researchers keep copies of thesis research thesis do you want them to throw it.

If someone doesn't hold the religious books and scriptures as the highest standard of education than to prove your point and the message your trying to explain will fall on deaf ears. You need to rationally, logically and academically counter his arguments. Atheists and Scientists prove their points by copy pasting from sources that are based on factual research which go through multiple phases of -generating idea, -research, -theory, -hypothesis, -extensive testing, -Implementation followed by the ongoing process of -monitoring and updating

These publications, News and journals are than available for anyone be it other scientists, atheists, religious people or anyone with a rational brain who would more or less agree that these sources are credible, sound and the appropriate way of learning, getting knowledge and Passing on that knowledge. Now if your arguing against me that you don't hold academic journals as the highest form of education than we are simply going to end this conversation here, because it would than seem to me, that you have no respect for scholarly work and hold religious scriptures as the primary source of all scientific discoveries.

Religious arguments can be presented only to those who already possess faith, of what use is it to cite a particular chapter of the Quran to refute an idea held by someone who does not accept the authority of the Quran to start with? Many of the works written by the Ulema in this field can be easily be criticized precisely because they address themselves to deaf ears and present arguments that are of no eiffciency in the context of the question.

Fact is, if your smart, you would refer to the works of some excellent Islamic Scholars since Islamic Tradition already possess richness and depth that is perfectly capable of answering, on an intellectual level, almost any argument drawn from the modern European philosophy. You just need to stop using Zaki Naik as the primary source of information.

PS: i would be interested in having a debate with you off this forum perhaps on YM! would you agree.

Sure choose a topic of Conversation that you and I differ in.

And that is why i said i believe in them. i think it is these Millions of God believers who are responsible for consolidating the contemporary form of science & technology, their remarkable contributions to science have made it the most dominating field today, so it's an irrelevant argument of the atheists that people who who are monotheist or polytheist are like the antonyms of science.

They have been able to do that despite being religious, not because of being religious.

I have mentioned earlier Galileo Galilee would have problem accepting your argument, considering his head was put on a chopping block by "Men of God", when all he was doing was to further the cause of modern science.:frown:

Science is brainchild of human mind, science can tell you to take a DNA & create life but cannot tell you how to create that DNA, point is that, there are so many mysteries of life which science hasn't unraveled so far,

Not yet, sometime ago people attributed natural events like eclipse, earthquakes, volcano eruptions to be work of God. Now we know better, thanks to science.

Absence of scientific explanation does not equate to work of God.

till now there is no cure for HIV, so going with the logic of professing self denial one should stop researching on finding the cure for HIV or even Herpes( they are also incurable though not life threatening).

Huh?

In short Science is an evolutionary process which has a long way to go before it can denounce or embrace the so-called myths. if the reality was abhorrent to this statement then people should have been teleporting them selves around when Einstein gave the "Theory of relativity" & concluded that matter can be converted to energy, but the fact is that even today this is not happening, why because science doesn't give a living meaning to man's hypothesis unless he himself proves it true.

Do you wanna state that in a more coherent way please? I am absolutely lost. Are you saying because we do not have a time machine there is no meaning to our life? :undecided::undecided::undecided:

Tuahaa... Let me rephrase... If your going to present scientific arguments you have to prove to us that you are a scientist with credible research and publications to back up your claims.. second.. if you are going to argue with a NON religious person you need to answer your questions without using Religious texts and argue with reason, since a non religious person does not hold religious texts to a high standard.

copy pasting your answer from a religious scripture is not going to answer the other persons question.

And what is the proof that scientists are saying the truth !!!

If you think one needs to be a scientists then you also need to prove that u are at the same level and have enough knowledge to see what is scientifically proven and what is not!!

Before, ridiculing him can you prove as a scientist or as a religious scholar that he is wrong !!!!

This way, i can say all the scientists are liars, who knows the stars they are talking about or planets they show to us actually exists !!! I say all the scientists are part of one conspiracy group where they support each other's claims just to show the world that everything coming out of their community is well proven and justified.

So it all depends, even the scientists can't prove anything if an ordinary man gets up and says prove me that the picture u call as jupiter is actually jupiter!!

Or atoms, molecules, electrons, neutrons and protons, alpha, beta & gamma rays are not science fiction!!!

What i mean is we need to be neutral not against the thing to see wether its true or not.

Science itself follows a process of evolution, there are many theories and concepts made which are later proven wrong by the science itself, which means we never know what lies ahead in science, who knows one day scientists themselves find clues and say that yeah we were wrong there is a God, we were just a little over confident about ourselves!!

i think it is these Millions of God believers who are responsible for consolidating the contemporary form of science & technology, their remarkable contributions to science have made it the most dominating field today.

There is nothing wrong in scientists or scholars being religious. But do you know of any worthy scientist who used religion or a holy book to arrive at his/her findings?

there are so many mysteries of life which science hasn't unraveled so far, till now there is no cure for HIV

Science never claims to be all pervasive, but religion does. Going back to your logic, which religion has been able to find a cure for HIV? I hope you don't say it has no cure since only sinners get that virus.

Shouldn't the people with knowledge of holy books have figured out solutions to all the issues of the world by now? Truth is, they can't. Because religious sayings are no different from grandma's stories - where the weird logic and untrue facts are overlooked for the sake of a good moral (i.e. ending) of the story.

I've had this debate before on another forum and after hundreds of pages, people finally admitted that Qur'an had correct scientific facts because 'they were lucky guesses' or 'were stolen from greeks and romans' even when those discoveries were not made by civilizations at that time...

So we are just wasting our time. Let's leave it here before it causes flaming...

I've had this debate before on another forum and after hundreds of pages, people finally admitted that Qur'an had correct scientific facts because 'they were lucky guesses' or 'were stolen from greeks and romans' even when those discoveries were not made by civilizations at that time...

So we are just wasting our time. Let's leave it here before it causes flaming...

I wouldn't call it wasting time, but if you have nothing more to add, its fine with me..

peace

But all religious books claim to be from God, no? Then only the authentic one can be correct- and when I mean authentic, I mean one which science can prove and each law has a reason.

You told you read quran completely...but for you to make the above claim,you must also read other holy books completely with same devotion.

The counter arguments have to be researched. Take a look at the Mayan civilization and their mathematics as well as their astrological findings. They were there way before the greeks and romans.

The counter arguments have to be researched. Take a look at the Mayan civilization and their mathematics as well as their astrological findings. They were there way before the greeks and romans.

Yes, but like I said, knowledge of iron fossils, embryology, magnetic reversal, evolution, etc wasn't there at that time. Anyway I think we should stop...

Yes, but like I said, knowledge of iron fossils, embryology, magnetic reversal, evolution, etc wasn't there at that time. Anyway I think we should stop...

and you think all this are quranic findings..?
try google it rather than believing the likes of zakir ali naik.

Friend you might wanna read this article.

A logical problem is usually formulated by specifying a premise statement and a relational statement, then deriving a solution from them. In arguments used to prove or disprove the existence of God this order is often reversed. The arguer assumes the existence or non-existence of God, then formulates the premise and relational statements in conformity with that assumption. This invalid logic, which begins with the solution statement and works its way backwards, can be called "reverse logic.

Reverse logic is what Dr. Zakir Naik uses.

Reverse logic in the philosophy of God. (God on Trial). | Goliath Business News

Back
Top Bottom