What's new

Bollywood by Pakistani Student

Sure. And guys buy Playboy magazine to read the articles!

What other movie industry provides half-naked dancing girls? Not Hollywood.

Short of watching an actual **** film, that's what guys watch because their women get the emotional thrills while they get theirs. It's a smart formula that Bollywood has come up with.

Tell me which one of these films has succeeded due to "****" :

Dil Chahta Hai
Black
Udaan
A Wednesday
Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi
Rang De Basanti
3 Idiots
Munnabhai
Lakshya
Swades
Khosla ka Ghosla
Taare Zameen Par
Chak De
Company
Rock On

I can give you endless examples ...but you first scratch your head with above list first ...

Ignorance is Bliss .... carry on !

I don't feel it's right for us to comment. If Indians are happy with their society producing these films, that's fine.

And let's not forget that Lollywood is not much better. Gone are the days of Waheed Murad and Shabnam, of Ahmad Rushdi and Mehdi Hasan. Lollywood also churns out vulgar soft **** these days.

:lol:

here you go , you have totally proved my point . Inspite of the fact that Lollywood too has skinshow which you put as soft **** it is not nearly as popular in the rest of the world and Pakistan as bollywood is . It means that bollywood has something extra that it iswatched by a lot of people across the world ( inlcuding non-desis) but similar industries like lollywood have not done well at all .

your own point negates you . ;)

P.S - I find it funny how most Pakistanis on this forum usually tried to struggle to prove how bollywood is not that popular in Pakistan , now they are trying to prove why it is popular .:lol:

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:51 PM ----------

Tell me which one of these films has succeeded due to "****" :

Dil Chahta Hai
Black
Udaan
A Wednesday
Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi
Rang De Basanti
3 Idiots
Munnabhai
Lakshya
Swades
Khosla ka Ghosla
Taare Zameen Par
Chak De
Company
Rock On

I can give you endless examples ...but you first scratch your head with above list first ...

Ignorance is Bliss .... carry on !

dont start off on individual films , that willt ake the debate in a different direction and how are you sure this person has seen all these films ?

Its fascinating how you are allowing your narrow-mindedness to help you hide your jealousy but are still failing miserably .

A few bikini scenes in few movies and a few kissing scenes in some does not for most civilised societies qualify as soft **** , for Pakistanis it may be a different matter altogether .

Hollywood btw has much more nudity than Bollywood does .

The movies from bollywood that make it to international film festivals and have made it to the oscars hardly ever have any such scenes anyway .

Sad to know from you that most Pakistanis watch bollywood for just some tummy and thigh show . Very cheap and sad indeed . Most people in the world don't care about that kind of stuff .

Like I wrote, you are welcome to believe whatever you want.

I never denied that Bollywood makes occasional good movies. In fact, Bollywood used to make quite decent movies in previous decades, but the vast appeal of any movie industry -- be it Hollywood or Bollywood -- is not for art. It's just for entertainment and Bollywood provides the mix of emotionalism + nudity.

Again, if that's what people want, then that's what they shall get. Hollywood is honest about it, but Bollywood fans want to maintain some aura of 'art' about their commodity.

Girls & women are free to watch Bollywood & Star Plus respectively, we live in a free society. Most girls like to dance on the Bollywood songs, & fair play to them. Doesn't make any of those two good though. Trust me when I say this, most guys do not watch Bollywood (maybe for the semi-nudity though). The last Indian movie I saw was before the year 2000.

You missed out on a fair number of good movies then...!!!

:lol:

here you go , you have totally proved my point . Inspite of the fact that Lollywood too has skinshow which you put as soft **** it is not nearly as popular in the rest of the world and Pakistan as bollywood is . It means that bollywood has something extra that it iswatched by a lot of people across the world ( inlcuding non-desis) but similar industries like lollywood have not done well at all .

your own point negates you . ;)

It's called marketig muscle and an established distribution network.

Trust me, if tomorrow Kazakhstan started producing soft **** and had a marketing network like Bollywood, they would become popular also.

Like I wrote, you are welcome to believe whatever you want.

I never denied that Bollywood makes occasional good movies. In fact, Bollywood used to make quite decent movies in previous decades, but the vast appeal of any movie industry -- be it Hollywood or Bollywood -- is not for art. It's just for entertainment and Bollywood provides the mix of emotionalism + nudity.

Again, if that's what people want, then that's what they shall get. Hollywood is honest about it, but Bollywood fans want to maintain some aura of 'art' about their commodity.

so in essence you are saying that hollywood and bollywood are basically popular because of nudity and emotionalism and nothing else and that Hollywood admits it ?

Okay ,i ll let the audience be the judge now :D

It's called marketig muscle and an established distribution network.

Trust me, if tomorrow Kazakhstan started producing soft **** and had a marketing network like Bollywood, they would become popular also.

keep shooting , anymore excuses for bollywood's success and lack of others left ?

well dude don't get me started on all those mujaras and your fancy weddings :rofl:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/general-images-multimedia/39471-peace-tv-scholar-abuses-pakistan.html

^^^^this right here is what Islamic Republic of Pakistan is :no:

mujras? again generalizing..
fancy weddings? so what? its a festive occassion. unless you have a "medieval prude europe" mentality.
and stop bringing peace tv scholar as a basis . its pathetic. those scholars have (a) an agenda to appease Indians. (b) they are nothing but tv monkeys.

Talk about things that matter, entertainment is not a powerful tool in the world of decision-making.

Bollywood btw has also gained popularity in many western latin and european countries as well and not just withing the sub-continent diaspora . Their own film industries have more nudity than Bollywood but still many over there watch it . That nudity point just doesn't stand .

A few bikinis and mini-skirts hardly qualify for nudity and soft-**** in most countries anyways .

Back
Top Bottom