What's new

Bollywood by Pakistani Student

The problem is, the Indians do their 'soft ****' in movies extremely badly, because they know it goes against their traditional values. But they also know that sex sells. So they are caught between the two, & what comes out is hugely embarrassing. If you want to do 'soft ****', at least do it right, rather than just making a fool out of yourself.

Indian culture is more permissive and people don't mind women dancing like that. That's fine and there's nothing wrong with it.

But let's not kid ourselves why Bollywood movies are popular.

Ever heard the expression 'preheating the oven before sticking in the turkey'?

lol Bilal, you and your funny explanations for all things in the world.

:lol::lol::lol:

But isn't this what I was talking of in the first place.

'Ashamed of admitting'

---------- Post added at 07:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:59 PM ----------

Indian culture is more permissive and people don't mind women dancing like that. That's fine and there's nothing wrong with it.

Bollywood movies are popular for a variety of rerasons but the biggest reason, I believe, is that a lot more people can understand the language in Bollywood films than in Hollywood films, at least in Asia.

No one is saying dancing is a problem. It's the simulated sex scenes that are the huge embarrassment, because they know that sex is supposed to be a private act in Indian culture, but they also know that sex sells, but they don't know what to do, so they get caught up between the two things, & what comes out is a huge embarrassment.

Bollywood movies are popular for a variety of rerasons but the biggest reason, I believe, is that a lot more people can understand the language in Bollywood films than in Hollywood films, at least in Asia.

Sure. And guys buy Playboy magazine to read the articles!

What other movie industry provides half-naked dancing girls? Not Hollywood.

Short of watching an actual **** film, that's what guys watch because their women get the emotional thrills while they get theirs. It's a smart formula that Bollywood has come up with.

The Bollywood-bashing brigade at it again !

Everyone is entitled to watch whatever they want , your personal hate-spewing opinions won't change a dime ....

There are lots of good movies that are made in India every year which are worth watching anyday .... those who are ignorant , please remain so .... doesn't matter to us ...

Hypocritic guys here criticizing "nudity" of Bollywood , at the same time praising their love for Hollywood.

In my circle and my friends , Hollywood and Bollywood co-exist peacefully , cheers to that ! :cheers:

No one is saying dancing is a problem. It's the simulated sex scenes that are the huge embarrassment, because they know that sex is supposed to be a private act in Indian culture, but they also know that sex sells, but they don't know what to do, so they get caught up between the two things, & what comes out is a huge embarrassment.

I don't feel it's right for us to comment. If Indians are happy with their society producing these films, that's fine.

And let's not forget that Lollywood is not much better. Gone are the days of Waheed Murad and Shabnam, of Ahmad Rushdi and Mehdi Hasan. Lollywood also churns out vulgar soft **** these days.

All of us know which is the most prized profession in Pakistan today.. Or atleast which one is believed to be the most prized.. So no point of the smoke screen buddy ..:D :D :D

like i said boy.. the best of pakistanis become bankers, engineers, doctors . so we don't know what you're on about. but we can see your knowledge about real Pakistan is lacking a LOT... :D :D :D

Soft **** is -- if done properly, it's called 'art'.

And it's not just Indian films. Soft, even child, **** from France and European countries masquerading as 'art' often gets nominated for awards at international film festivals.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

You can continue to believe that.

As I said, there are two audiences for Bollywood: the woman lap up the cheap emotionalism. Men watch it for the half-naked girls.

The rest is just fancy rationalization to cover up the true reasons.

Its fascinating how you are allowing your narrow-mindedness to help you hide your jealousy but are still failing miserably .

A few bikini scenes in few movies and a few kissing scenes in some does not for most civilised societies qualify as soft **** , for Pakistanis it may be a different matter altogether .

Hollywood btw has much more nudity than Bollywood does . does not mean that hollywood is only popular for that .

The movies from bollywood that make it to international film festivals and have made it to the oscars hardly ever have any such scenes anyway .

Sad to know from you that most Pakistanis watch bollywood for just some tummy and thigh show . Very cheap and sad indeed . Most people in the world don't care about that kind of stuff .

i have news for you. NEVER try to generalize a population of 170 million people based on one person. that's just stupid.

like i said we like to see indians jump and shake hips for our entertainment. and then we laugh behind your backs. becoz becoming an actor is not a profession for respectable families. that's why pakistan doesn't have a good movie industry. most of us don't go into acting, producing, directing becoz its not a good profession. the brightest of pakistanis become bankers, engineers, doctors.

No father likes to proudly say to his family n friends: my son is an actor.

and this is not generalisaion? you pathetic troll...complete your school first..

Back
Top Bottom