What's new

Bollywood actor Jiah Khan commits suicide

you took it totally out of context. that example was to show that its very hard to hurt yourself purposely. even you cant pinch yourself hard enough for the blood to come out so in my opinion it requires real guts to suicide and only extremely disturbed mind, whose thinking capability has been choked by the stress and depression, can undertake such brave act.
@iam not greek a little stress is not a mental prob, every human being has been through it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jihad is not soo simple....

giving up what you love the most (yourself, please do not deny everyone loves themselves to a degree) for the BETTERMENT of your religion is no easy task....It doesnt involve blowing yourself up but going to war like a soldier does for his country and IF in the process he dies, THAT is martyr...

And in the process, you must NOT KNOWINGLY kill innocent people! There are too many rules, not as simple as the media tells you!

Thanks for the added info....
Conditions/caveats apart, at the end of the day, it is a calculated risk one takes of putting their life on the line in the name of religion...which is why I equated it with suicide because there is a very good chance that Jihad may result in ones death...

PS: Even if the media correlates Jihad with knowingly killing innocents, I wouldnt believe it...No religion advocates massacre of innocents and civilians....
However the use of jihad to serve politico religious objectives and exploitation of people as tools to achieve goals is something that is happening very actively which is why we see the exponential increase in suicide bombings recently...

While we are on the subject, could you guys provide your POV on euthanasia?....especially keeping in mind the religious undertones to suicide that some members here have brought up...

While we are on the subject, could you guys provide your POV on euthanasia?....especially keeping in mind the religious undertones to suicide that some members here have brought up...

I think no one should play god!

I think no one should play god!

I think thats a contradiction in itself...

If we as humans wage wars and end up killing people (it doesnt matter whether its for a just cause or otherwise), ie, cause pain and suffering to other humans...arent we playing god with people's life already? Same is the case with death penalty, sacrifice etc etc...no?

why shouldnt someone be out of misery, like say a terminal cancer patient, especially if they are going to die anyways?

Is euthanasia haram in islam? :undecided:

Imagine a person in permanent coma or in some terrible diseaese from which recovery seem impossible . Is such life worth living ? We cannot answer because we never find ourselves or our dear ones in such terrible conditions

I dont think we should jump labeling things as halal or haram without considering many factors . We pakistani are very judgemental

not sure...prob...same as suicide...

mercy killing sould not taken same as suicide of model jiya..It would be same if jiya was in permanent coma or in some serious disease where hope of recovery would be zero and patient would have to suffer physical pain daily for the rest of his/her life

I think thats a contradiction in itself...

If we as humans wage wars and end up killing people (it doesnt matter whether its for a just cause or otherwise), ie, cause pain and suffering to other humans...arent we playing god with people's life already? Same is the case with death penalty, sacrifice etc etc...no?

why shouldnt someone be out of misery, like say a terminal cancer patient, especially if they are going to die anyways?

You are talking as though Islam allows killing when it clearly says killing 1 soul = killing whole of mankind and saving 1 sould = saving whole of mankind....

So, your argument is invalid! And suicide still stays haram...and my point still stays NO ONE should play god...death should only be given as a punishment for heinous crimes like rape which affect the victim in daily life, at society level and even till her deathbed!

mercy killing sould not taken same as suicide of model jiya..It would be same if jiya was in permanent coma or in some serious disease where hope of recovery would be zero and patient would have to suffer physical pain daily for the rest of his/her life

Well, not 1 doctor can verify how the brain works...Since, they do not know and miracles DO HAPPEN....hence, I do not think there should be anything like mercy killing...Killing in any form is killing!

You are talking as though Islam allows killing when it clearly says killing 1 soul = killing whole of mankind and saving 1 sould = saving whole of mankind....

So, your argument is invalid! And suicide still stays haram...and my point still stays NO ONE should play god...death should only be given as a punishment for heinous crimes like rape which affect the victim in daily life, at society level and even till her deathbed!

Well, not 1 doctor can verify how the brain works...Since, they do not know and miracles DO HAPPEN....hence, I do not think there should be anything like mercy killing...Killing in any form is killing!

Please dont fly off the bat for no reason...

You mentioned "no one should play god"....so this comment is not religion specific...

I did not mention Islam...I just countered your point saying we already play god with peoples lives...saving another human from pain and suffering through euthenasia is actually merciful in my opinion if there is no hope for life!

Please dont fly off the bat for no reason...

You mentioned "no one should play god"....so this comment is not religion specific...

I did not mention Islam...I just countered your point saying we already play god with peoples lives...saving another human from pain and suffering through euthenasia is actually merciful in my opinion if there is no hope for life!

When is there no hope? Who are we to decide when hope ends?!

Doctors know how brain functions and why would we visit them for treatment if they dont..

They are the ones who diagnose problems and suggest treatments

I am not going in debate of halal or haram killing but killing is not killing. If you kill a healthy fit man who wish to live and enjoy life is not same as killing a person who is suffering pain daily with no hope of recovery or he is in sate of permanent coma where he got stuck between living and dead

Its intention of killing here which is different. In case 2 you kill a person to end his sufferings which he face daily with no chance/hope of recovery. He also not in state of making any decisions

Back
Top Bottom