What's new

Bollywood actor Jiah Khan commits suicide

Domestic violence is not some phenomena that is confined to some rural area in South Asia. Even in developed world it is a big big issue

United Nations Official Document

USA (most developed country on earth) is one country that has one of the highest rates of domestic violence and in fact more than 70% of domestic violence cases in US goes unreported

Domestic Violence Statistics: 70% of Cases Go Unreported

I know that , mate .

I just didn't expect an educated actress to suffer in silence , go through agonizing psychological pain and then kill herself without actually telling some of her close friends/family members what she was going through and making sure that the culprits were punished . What use is the note now ? Surely , his boyfriend cant be tried for anything , the rape cant be proved nor the abuse . I though wonder what was written in the six page long note besides this stuff which is made public .

I know that , mate .

I just didn't expect an educated actress to suffer in silence , go through agonizing psychological pain and then kill herself without actually telling some of her close friends/family members what she was going through and making sure that the culprits were punished . What use is the note now ? Surely , his boyfriend cant be tried for anything , the rape cant be proved nor the abuse . I though wonder what was written in the six page long note besides this stuff which is made public .
I do not speak ill of the departed, but at the same time will not take only her version as the 'truth' just because I feel bad about her fate. There should be proper investigation to know what happened.

I know that , mate .

In fact 85% US women experienced domestic violence at least once in their life,

Forget ordinary women, even the superstar Rihanna was victim of domestic violence

Why Rihanna is Just Another Domestic Violence Statistic - Technorati Music

And good news is that, that scum has been booked under IPC 306 which cares 10 years of prison.

I do not speak ill of the departed, but at the same time will not take only her version as the 'truth' just because I feel bad about her fate. There should be proper investigation to know what happened.

Further investigation will indict that scum further. For no reason police would book him.

The guy kept quiet for a moment---then he mentioned that in the local univeristy there are a lots of indian students---one of the students just recently committed suicide---he was in the same boat as you were---money coming in from home---no worries---parties all the time and then the time just flew by---till he realized he had failed---could not face his family---and committed suicide---. The family came to san jose to take his body---they were totally devastated. This guy being in IT was somehow associated with the indian community in the san jose area and at the college campus and he knew OUR CULTURE very well.

Looks like no matter where you go people will always mistake you are Indian.

Hi,

I will tell you what was one of the few things amongst many that influenced me to open up----I was selling cars in san jose area after the recession started----. I have this white guy that I am selling this car to---we started talking---after awhile he says to me---you did not come to this country to sell cars---now did you---I said no---I went to the engineering school---he says what happened---I says---good times---good parties and like of it----. Spent a lots of family money---I failed in my endeavours---out of embarrassment hid from my relatives---never called them---never talked to them---. He says what happened afterwards----I says---afterwards I realized---my family members just wanted to know wherever I was---I was okay---they cared less of my failures---they just wanted to know about me---. My aunt---ie my dad's only sister begged my mother t call---but I did not---and one day she passed away---so many of my uncles left this world----till one day I gathered courage and went back to pakistan to see them.

I found out that they missed me as much as I missed them---they just wanted to spend a few moments with me---who cared if I screwed up most of my life---at least I had the ability to build it up.

The guy kept quiet for a moment---then he mentioned that in the local univeristy there are a lots of indian students---one of the students just recently committed suicide---he was in the same boat as you were---money coming in from home---no worries---parties all the time and then the time just flew by---till he realized he had failed---could not face his family---and committed suicide---. The family came to san jose to take his body---they were totally devastated. This guy being in IT was somehow associated with the indian community in the san jose area and at the college campus and he knew OUR CULTURE very well.

As much as I looted and plundered my family's money and made them paupers 'almost'---the thought of hurting myself never came to my mind---I kept on fighting.

But what got me was at first the shock of losing the job---secondly not even getting a basic salesman's job---and to top it off---my 7 years sold and my 4 years old telling my wife---why is dad staying at home all the time---tell him to go get a job----why don't he leave the house---" why don't he leave us alone "---. The last words were just meaningless words under ordinary circumstances---when I worked---they did as it pleased them---now I was home and was effecting their life style----can you imagine life style of young children---. That is what drove me over the edge---.

When I was younger---I used to make fun of my grandfather---one of my uncle had many a screwups in his life----my grandfather was always running around sorting them out---and I would say---just dump him---and move with your life---and he would say---'son when you have your kids---you will know the pain"---I tell you---pay back is a bit-ch. I have learnt to laugh at my follies and laugh I do---.

I am fortunate that the fighter in me did not let go---and I came out of it---came out of it more humane, kinder and gentler---whatever that means.

Today's kids need your wisdom man.

On this note,i just want to mention something,

During partition,so many people crossed over into each other's punjab and not everyone got anything more than minimum food and shelter from their new impoverished governments but many of them today have reovered and done great for themselves.

Thats fortitude just like so many other stories,

In my case my father who worked in a govt co was drawn into a political conspiracy and dismissed from service on charges of corruption in a whitewashed trial/investigation.

he was so distraught of losing his life savings that he went on to contemplate suicide and a very loss of mental balance.

now we have him sane and in a good place.

all because of fortitude and also to remember old wisdom,when you get something good too soon too good too quick,it is better to give up a bit to the weak and the poor and the needy,the punya or good karma that you get ll save you from any excesses/cut downs due later.

Jiah told her version of the story....I will wait for Sooraj's side to come out before passing any judgements.

I know that , mate .

Jiah told her version of the story....I will wait for Sooraj's side to come out before passing any judgements.

These type of girls are dangerous as they go to extremes and can do ANYTHING to get what they want or simply put false allegations.Totally emotionally unstable.These days there are lot of false allegations coming up.

Let's see what comes up after investigation.

Looks like no matter where you go people will always mistake you are Indian.

Hi,

Even though I recognize my identity---it has never bothered me if someone addresses me as an indian. It has also to do with the job that I am in and the exposure that I get from races of all kinds on a daily basis---.

Hi,

Even though I recognize my identity---it has never bothered me if someone addresses me as an indian. It has also to do with the job that I am in and the exposure that I get from races of all kinds on a daily basis---.

I am called either bangladeshi or srilankan depending on area here... I am mildly annoyed to be honest .. :)

Jiah Khan's Mother Rabiya Posts Sooraj Pancholi's Love Letters, Text Messages on Twitter

Bollywood actress Jiah Khan's mother Rabiya has launched a constant campaign on micro-blogging site Twitter to prove Sooraj Pancholi's role in her suicide.

Jiah Khan who created the latest fashion trends had committed suicide on June 3 at her Mumbai house. Rabiya, who has blamed Jiah's boyfriend Sooraj Pancholi for her daughter's precocious death, shared a few love letters and text messages that were exchanged between them on Twitter.

Sooraj Pancholi was arrested on June 10 for supposedly abetting the suicide of his girlfriend actor Jiah Khan. Sooraj is the son of actors Aditya Pancholi and Zarina Wahab. Sooraj Pancholi has now moved the Bombay High Court seeking bail in linking with the case.

Rabiya also tweeted a love letter and a few messages and additionally wrote that she had always wanted Jiah to end her relationship with Sooraj because of his "abusive " nature.
Posting the entire love letter, Rabbiya wrote: "I cannot get over how much I told you to leave him."

Back
Top Bottom