What's new

Blast in Hyderabad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrt framework and a generic picture it is fair to look to other case studies where there has been a success. Not everything can be made to be 100% perfect for india. Sometimes accepting a general idea fro elsewhere and applying it (with adjustments) to India can work. Do indians not drive American,European and Japanese cars? Eat their food? Use their tech? Watch their TV? Use their weapons? etc India is not unique in every respect, what is the harm in learning from others??

No the point is US has only two political parties and there are extensive checks and balances ingrained in every level of the system to prevent misuse of the sweeping powers, even by the POTUS. Benefit of about 300 years of continuous democracy. Indian system is not like that. Hence the non comparison.

Its impossible to prevent every terror attack as the terrorists deliberately choose soft targets after adequate preparations.

The only way to reduce chances of terror attacks is by actively pursuing terror modules and neutralise them before they strikes .

I also bet that (If this goes out of hand) the police will come out and say they were not prepared to handle such scenario_One thinks sadly who then should be prepared! :angry:
My friend whose father who is SP, told me that these intelligence agencies pass on everything to other agencies to get away with responsibility.

Police can't know what is Prioritized Intelligence. There is too much intelligence that causes problem.

Gen. Bakshi are talking of Pattern recognition, which is not done in India. What are the research projects on combating Terrorism. US has invested billions in Terror Social Network, Pattern Recognition etc.

then why bother to question investigating agencies? if you tie one arm behind their back and ask them to perform you can hardly blame them or the center .

One arm is tied behind the back because of the way center is misusing the central agencies to blackmail political opponents and settle political scores. No need to look beyond CBI to illustrate my point.

Yes its a political BS. I cant disagree on that.

Look you are not understanding the political climate in India before making such statements.

The level of understanding between the center and non-congress state govts is close to NIL and the center is also responsible for it in a big way.

Just look at the way CBI is being used to blackmail politicians like Mayawati or Mulayam and keep from pulling support to the center.

Leave aside blackmailing, the center is hand in glove with their own state Govt's! Hyderabad burned for Telengana and they are playing Chooa Billi over it esp that moron Azad... of course under the tutelage of the Desh ke foreign Beti!

Oops some would call her only Bahoo then?

Please, dont start political point scoring. The states were not even taken into consultation in such a sensitive issue when the agency was being formed. PC unilaterallly came up with an agency and tried to shove down the states. Even congress states opposed the move but they were made to shut down by the high command.

NCTC in its current form encroaches on state powers and the non-congress CMs have a valid reason for countering that. Look at Karnataka where the Guv Bhardwaj is acting more congress than even the Leader of opposition and spares no effort in harassing the state Gov. In such a state of mistrust how will they accept it, given that congress can stoop to any level to score political points ?

That is BS . the states were consulted . read the papers a bit more and you might get an insight as to the way politicians work . the opp just opposes for the sake of it . in todays world no political party is clean.

@KRAIT, come on mate don't make this that kind of thread. And don't tell half-truths- SG can only use IAF a/c when accompanying a person eligible to use such a/c ie PM or Pres. On her own she has ZERO authority to use such birds for personal trips on her own. i hate that ****** as much as the next guy but let's be fair/
May be you should read Indian News.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiat.../36147762_1_iaf-aircraft-air-travel-iaf-rules

NEW DELHI: UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi travelled in Indian Air Force aircraft and helicopters 49 times in the last seven years which included 23 trips with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
(rest 26 times without PM)

Congress general secretary Rahul Gandhi also travelled in IAF aircraft and helicopters eight times in the last three years, according to a reply received under the Right to Information Act.

For 26/11 , we don't have plane for NSG, now they had to find one for NIA.

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend whose father who is SP, told me that these intelligence agencies pass on everything to other agencies to get away with responsibility.

Police can't know what is Prioritized Intelligence. There is too much intelligence that causes problem.

Gen. Bakshi are talking of Pattern recognition, which is not done in India. What are the research projects on combating Terrorism. US has invested billions in Terror Social Network, Pattern Recognition etc.

Oh everything to do with Saarkari naukri you know, when ever anybody was responsible...

Your expectations are too high from Indian system of things.. Haathi Indeed!

This did not happen in a metro.... It happened in Hyderabad district not in hyderabad city.... (anyway it doesnt make much of difference though)
Fine. But they had bloody intelligence. Don't we know what are soft targets in India.

I think we have learned it with practicals.

One arm is tied behind the back because of the way center is misusing the central agencies to blackmail political opponents and settle political scores. No need to look beyond CBI to illustrate my point.

the NCTC was not mandated with political spying but only terror activites.
if one is to go a step further. the IB has the mandate since its inception to go investigate any one without getting the states permission . so does the ED. your argument falls flat on its face.
the fact is the NCTC was a good idea . it was all ready to start . but was stopped in the name of shortsightedness . by the opp.
could the nctc have stopped these attacks . ... i guess we have no way of finding out.

Call me conspiracy theorist but i think its done to divert the attention from chopper scam.They will blame anybody may be pakistan or some indian mujahiddin and investigation will go on for months then citizen of india will forget everything.Now for 3-4 days,all channels will rant on bomb blast rather than chopper scam.

I am writing this after looking at the last incidents of high court blast and few other locations and result was zero.
Firstly they blamed babbar khalsa then they blamed huji and then on LET and then some person was caught in kashmir for that and till that every body forgot incident.

so again problem of short memory of people is getting victim here.

Fine. But they had bloody intelligence. Don't we know what are soft targets in India.

But the problem remains.... the student hasnt gained enough knowledge even after somany practicals......

Call me conspiracy theorist but i think its done to divert the attention from chopper scam.They will blame anybody may be pakistan or some indian mujahiddin and investigation will go on for months then citizen of india will forget everything.Now for 3-4 days,all channels will rant on bomb blast rather than chopper scam.

I am writing this after looking at the last incidents of high court blast and few other locations and result was zero.
Firstly they blamed babbar khalsa then they blamed huji and then on LET and then some person was caught in kashmir for that and till that every body forgot incident.

so again problem of short memory of people is getting victim here.

I am agreeing with you on the bolded part

Anything is a soft target in a city as big as Hyderabad, when did Practicals stop us from being too lazy?

That is BS . the states were consulted . read the papers a bit more and you might get an insight as to the way politicians work . the opp just opposes for the sake of it . in todays world no political party is clean.

No they were not.

That was the primary reason it was opposed.

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/opposition-cms-blast-government-for-nctc-277794.html

Opposition CMs, Mamata reject Chidambaram

The opposition state CMs have a good reason to fear these kind of central agencies looking at the way CBI is being used to harass and bully political opponents.

A central agency is needed for effective anti-terror efforts. No one denies that. Only that it must be framed with proper checks and balances after consultation with the states so that it is not mis-used by center to settle political scores like the way CBI is being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom