What's new

Best Film Ever?

:D This I haven't seen. Thanks buddy. What's you rating ? Is it classic ?
Yep it is. There are four movies Red Dragon, The Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal and Hannibal Rising. I liked the first three bit more maybe because of Anthony Hopkins as Dr. Hannibal Lecter.

BTW you may also like following movies though they are not exactly about serial killers

Edge of Darkness
Whiteout

what are your two most fav Bollywood movies? :D
Pretty tough question. I have many fav.s, genre wise. :D

Few of fav.s are Mother India, Hera Pheri, Lagaan, Andaz Apna Apna. etc.

Don't see Bollywood movies too often. Like old ones more than these usual crap made today. But like work of Anurag Kashyap.

Anyone liked The Blair Witch Project ?

I did enjoy it, specifically the ending. But the movie is not as good as hyped. Part 2 of Blair witch was interesting (the witch is nearly insane, like when she dances in a circle, and insane is frighting)

Pretty tough question. I have many fav.s, genre wise. :D

Few of fav.s are Mother India, Hera Pheri, Lagaan, Andaz Apna Apna. etc.

Don't see Bollywood movies too often. Like old ones more than these usual crap made today. But like work of Anurag Kashyap.

I have watched mother India and lagaan. I think mother india was first indian movie who got nomination for Oscar. They are good movie but this one will be always my top recommendation. best movie made about partition and superb acting by urmila and Manoj Bajpai.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did enjoy it, specifically the ending. But the movie is not as good as hyped. Part 2 of Blair witch was interesting (the witch is nearly insane, like when she dances in a circle, and insane is frighting)
People feel fear when they search it on opogle and it turns out a real story. :D

The Blair Witch Project

Any movie on serial killers ? foreign languages included. Suggest.

khe khe that explains Hannibal on avatar (the fascination is not good for mental health). There is a movie red dragon, Michael Mann's Man hunter (both are based on same novel and have bits of Hannibal - Michael Mann's Hannibal is far more realistic).

Seven was good. Saw was good too (though rest of series suck). Funny games and The Strangers (not exactly serial killer but serious horror). Henry portrait of a serial killer was good too :D

Good serial killer is all fiction (non fiction gets too much to stomach). Read the books by Thomas Harris (red dragon & silence of lambs both are very good), Alienist (Caleb Carr), Messiah (great reviews have not read it yet). The whole series of Alex cross

I must have read some 100 novels on serial killing (most suck, its a whole genre like who dunnit) I'll let you know if I recall any good ones.

I am surprised none of you guys mentioned fight club. My favorite of all time.

Few of my others:

Lord of War
American Psycho
Godfather 1 and 2, i think 3 was horrible
Shawshank Redemption
Hachiko (highly recommonded)
Schindler's list
Equilibream
Leon:Professional (best assasin movie)
Enemy at the Gates (best sniper film)
American History X (One of the best ever made)
Citizen X (best serial killer movie)
Gladiator
V for Vendetta
The Bourne Series

I can go on and on....

I am surprised none of you guys mentioned fight club. My favorite of all time.

Few of my others:

Lord of War
American Psycho
Godfather 1 and 2, i think 3 was horrible
Shawshank Redemption
Hachiko (highly recommonded)
Schindler's list
Equilibream
Leon:Professional (best assasin movie)
Enemy at the Gates (best sniper film)
American History X (One of the best ever made)
Citizen X (best serial killer movie)
Gladiator
V for Vendetta
The Bourne Series

I can go on and on....

The Professional, and American History X were two that slipped my mind.

The Ninth Gate is also really good (if its your cup of tea). Really one movie I thoroughly enjoyed in last couple of years.

Leon and The Professional are the same movie. Director has some frikkin style :D he is the same one who directed Nikita.

If you watch romantic films, or you have a girlfriend with decent brains, i suggest you guys watch

Before Sunrise
After Sunset
500 Days of Summer

The house (old one) is a great horror movie with some lesbo tension thrown in :D. Pakistanis might have seen it on TNT (sigh those were the days)

I dont like horror films for some reason, i liked the exorcist thats about it. They are always so predictable.

Back
Top Bottom