What's new

Best BVR Capable Fighter in South Asia

Status
Not open for further replies.
The present threat is of India trying to carry our surgical strikes to regain National Pride by inflicting pain and punishment on Pakistan. This shall be done after alleged terrorist activities such as the Mumbai incident.

Now what options does India have? Suppose it intrudes Pakistan and destroys a bridge. It looks stupid the bridge had no link with the terrorist activity.

India will have very few relevant targets and they shall be very heavily defended. If you think PAF does not have plans you shall be surprised.

Acording to Godless Bastard (you may have selected a better alias) the Indian fighters have an off boresight capability of 45 degrees.

The PAF F-16s have an high off boresight capability of 60 degrees with their integrated AIs. They further have the Link 16 tactical data link which is far advanced when compared with the Indian TDLs mentioned in the forum.

The Link 16 is more advanced because it also integrates the data of the AWACs directly into the flight computer of the F-16s. The Indian TDLs on the other hand share data between fighter aircrafts.

With AWACs data being linked to F-16s through Link 16 the PAF F-16s can utilize the full High Bore Off sight capability of the AIM 120s and Launch these weapons with an off set as much as 90 degrees.

Hence after all the discussion on this topic I reiterate that

With their High bore off sight AIM 120 missiles and Link 16 Tactital Data Links integrated with the helmet mounted cueing system the PAF Block B2 F-16s have a capability of firing c-7 AMRAAMS at off boresight of as much as 90 degrees. This means that they shall have the best F-pole in any future air conflict.

The PAF Block 52 F-16 hence is the best BVR capable Fighter in South Asia.

:pakistan:Pakistan Zindabad

I thought PAF had only ordered C5 AMRAAMS and not C-7 can you please clarify this for me? Yes they have the capability. But do you have them in your arsenal?

And me thinks that USN is the largest and most capable force with ts F 18 E/F stationed in Diego Garcia as the most potent BVR fighter in south Asia...Does anyone agree with me?

The present threat is of India trying to carry our surgical strikes to regain National Pride by inflicting pain and punishment on Pakistan. This shall be done after alleged terrorist activities such as the Mumbai incident.

Now what options does India have? Suppose it intrudes Pakistan and destroys a bridge. It looks stupid the bridge had no link with the terrorist activity.

India will have very few relevant targets and they shall be very heavily defended. If you think PAF does not have plans you shall be surprised.

Destroying a bridge, taking out an airbase, etc., means India is softening its target. That means declaration of full war on Pakistan. Indian establishment has a lot to lose right now and that is almost impossible. It is done only for invasion and not for provocation.

IF (a big IF) at all India plans for surgical strikes .... it would be on the terrorist camps .... I don't think Indian govt would be stupid enough to launch strikes on military/PAF bases.

I don't think Pakistan govt will be defending the terrorist camps ....

IF (a big IF) at all India plans for surgical strikes .... it would be on the terrorist camps .... I don't think Indian govt would be stupid enough to launch strikes on military/PAF bases.

I don't think Pakistan govt will be defending the terrorist camps ....

your terrorist camps are alledged camps for us. We defended our airspace after the Mumbai attacks we will do it again if required and this time with block 52s as well

Kudos to the fellow who bought up diego garcia..
But does it fall withing the strategic play of South asia.. I suppose so.. but DG is usually used for bomber flights..
otherwise.. the most potent BVR force was present during 2001 to 2002.. when the US carriers were deployed.

Right now.. open war isnt really an option.. threats are..
2015.. each with their weapons.. another attack.. yes.. it may happen.

England is an island..even then..RAF bombers were used continuously for raids in Germany.
Look at your own wars.. 65 and 71.. where were the battles fought??
Was air combat confined to Pakistan?
Was India the only one attacking the others fighting ability?

Off course the attacker has more say where he picks the fight..
But in this case.. there isnt an attacker or defender... its mix of both...in differing ratio's.

You are talking about a time where there was nothing called a AWACS. The BIG problem today is that stupid elephant flying with a stupid radar on top of it. This is where strategic depth comes into play. IAF will try its maximum to confine it inside Pakistan and Pakistan will try to bring it into the Indian borders.

One must not forget air defence from the army and the airforce part which includes the SAM systems.

Kudos to the fellow who bought up diego garcia..
But does it fall withing the strategic play of South asia.. I suppose so.. but DG is usually used for bomber flights..
otherwise.. the most potent BVR force was present during 2001 to 2002.. when the US carriers were deployed.

Right now.. open war isnt really an option.. threats are..
2015.. each with their weapons.. another attack.. yes.. it may happen.

There is a saying in defence circles...you fight a war with the weapons you have today. Just think of a scenario where some some lunatic on either side plans to launch a missile and it kills a 1000 people....then I guess a war is sure to happen and we are arguing about a situation like that....and the topic is the best BVR capable aircraft in South Asia....

You are talking about a time where there was nothing called a AWACS. The BIG problem today is that stupid elephant flying with a stupid radar on top of it. This is where strategic depth comes into play. IAF will try its maximum to confine it inside Pakistan and Pakistan will try to bring it into the Indian borders.

One must not forget air defence from the army and the airforce part which includes the SAM systems.

There were no suicide bombers in those days either. I think you have the whole scenario wrong but probabaly this is not the thread to discuss this issue

There were no suicide bombers in those days either. I think you have the whole scenario wrong but probabaly this is not the thread to discuss this issue

The scenario is perfectly right....you cant compare fighter with a fighter...you compare a war machine and assets with it's opponent...it is not just one entity...its the whole armed forces against one another....

And please clarify me about the C-5 and C-7 for me....

Yeah.. I guess back in WWII .. when people asked about scenario's... they made a similar statement" there was nothing called radar back in the great war, now we can see the enemy before they even come near their targets"... technology will improve.. so will its usage..and its nemesis.
And the bold part is precisely what I was trying to put across to your fellow countryman.. war is not tit for tat..

And I am very well aware of the topic.. I have given my opinion on it.. thank you for reminding me.

War is not tit for tat but the thread are..

More like egoistic rooster fights instead of tit for tat...
acting like little kids trying to prove who's dad got a better car..

"My daddy bought a lamborjini..it goes 300 kilo meters per hour"..
The fact that his daddy owns a farmhouse with a potholed road never occurs to him.. all he wishes for is to look taller in front of his peers.

The fact that his daddy owns a farmhouse with a potholed road never occurs to him.. all he wishes for is to look taller in front of his peers.

:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

We were just having fun and his name is rockstar not rooster. Anyway Silent Hawk extraditing from this thread. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom