What's new

BBC: India's new big-budget superhero movie.RaOne

am amazed that this movie hasn't been chucked out of boxoffice yet, biggest flop from its inception. why don't Indian directors or the possible special graphics artists learn something from west or Japanese? how long will not try your luck with your B grade movies? the Indian audience is more knowledgeable than you film makers out there in Mumbai, you are no more than a bunch of puppets with the same storyline. for god sake have some creativity.

i took my nephew to watch this movie and he kept asking me mamu ye mainframe kya hota hai?aur ye electromagnetic fiel kya hai??

special effects r cool and arjun rampal has done awesum acting and rest of the movie was fucked up.seriously don't watch this movie with ur kids...............

I have to give it to the director for even imagining Sharukh to be a super hero. He is not his younger self anymore. He got old. They should have chosen a younger hero. Also they have to cut emotions in super hero movies. In movie 'Robot', it tried to make baby with Aishwarya, how absurd is that?

SRK has Ra.onied(Ruined) whatever little appeal he had left with this flop.

Trying so hard to be Keeanu Reeves , he will forget being a small fish as the saying goes , with that mean mean the big fish in little pound a.k.a Indian movie industry

Don`t try to be Keeanu

Story is stolen from The Last Action Hero , and well Tron some what the only thing origional are two songs by western artist

I wonder who invested in such a silly movie

However , hopefully he recovers some of money back as I am certainly not puting a dime to watch it

I mean if you are doing so well with Indian movies , why try to be Hollywood nonesense , people did mot watch your movies becasue of special effects we sorta want some acting and some dancing and some entertainment

How ever Kareena continues to perform nicely in all roles she is really a talented artist

RaONe should be made the standard to measure all the badness in the world

One could not switch on TV nowadays without seeing SRK jumping in to promote everything from paint to deodrant in the name of RaOne. I am relived that he didn't converted F1 race track also to a RaOne promotion stage.

am amazed that this movie hasn't been chucked out of boxoffice yet, biggest flop from its inception. why don't Indian directors or the possible special graphics artists learn something from west or Japanese? how long will not try your luck with your B grade movies? the Indian audience is more knowledgeable than you film makers out there in Mumbai, you are no more than a bunch of puppets with the same storyline. for god sake have some creativity.
Peoples dont care about story, dialogues,acting, editing, screenplay etc, They only care about shah rukh khan lol and movie is super hit lol :D

Pre-release revenue

In March 2011, it was announced that the television broadcasting rights for Ra.One had been sold to Star India for a then-record sum of 40 crore (US$8.92 million), surpassing the previous record set by 3 Idiots (2009) for 33 crore (US$7.36 million).[11] The film's music rights were bought by T-Series for 15 crore (US$3.35 million) whilst the distribution rights were acquired by Eros Entertainment for 77 crore (US$17.17 million).[4] The distribution rights for the film in Tamil Nadu and Kerala were bagged by Abirami Ramanathan for a reportedly record, but undisclosed price.[51] Ra.One set a new record for total pre-release revenue earned, netting 132 crore (US$29.44 million) and surpassed the previous record held by 3 Idiots, which had netted 85 crore (US$18.96 million)
After Release

Following up to its release, Ra.One surpassed several records among Indian films for the volume of theatrical release in India and worldwide. Nationally, the film released in 3,500 screens, breaking the record of Bodyguard (2011), which released in 2,700 screens.[9] Overseas, it is currently expected to release in around 1,500 screens in 904 prints, with 600 screens in Germany, 300 screens in South Korea, 25 prints in Taiwan and New Zealand, 75 prints in Russia,[9][80] 79 prints in the Middle East,[8] 344 prints in USA, 51 prints in Australia, 202 prints in the UK and 49 prints in Canada.[81] In case the partnership deal is successful, the film will also release in China with 1,000 prints.[82] Moreover, Ra.One 3D version released in 550 selected screens around the world.[9]

Box office

Ra.One saw a record 70-100% occupancy levels all over India, with full houses in many multiplexes. The lesser-than-expected occupancy level was mainly due to the effect of Diwali festivities, which took a toll on the evening shows. The morning opening was described "historic" by several trade analysts.[135][136] Generally, the 3D version of the film saw better occupancy levels than the 2D version.[137] Families and children comprised the major demographics of Ra.One's audience.
On the first day, Ra.One collected 14.63 crore (US$3.26 million) from the Hindi version[138] and an estimated 2 crore (US$446,000) from the Tamil and Telugu versions,[139] taking its all-India total to 16.63 crore (US$3.71 million). It set records for the biggest Diwali opening day ever by beating Golmaal 3 (8.72 crore),[140] The lesser total was attributed to a fall in evening collections, caused due to festive celebrations and pujas. However, on the second day, Ra.One set records throughout the nation by collecting 22.8 crore (US$5.08 million) in the Hindi version and hence surpassing the biggest single-day record in India held by Bodyguard.[141] The third day collection of the film Hindi version netted at 15.50 crore (US$3.46 million), and has again set a record three day collection of 53 crore (US$11.82 million) nett, by surpassing previous record by Bodyguard (52.60 crores). The Tamil and Telugu versions of the film also collected around 4 crore (US$892,000) nett over three days, giving it a total of 57 crore (US$12.71 million) nett for all three languages.[142] The film's Hindi version collected 14.25 crore (US$3.18 million) nett on it's fourth day, with four days collection totaling around 67 crore (US$14.94 million) nett
Ra.One - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Trying so hard to be Keeanu Reeves , he will forget being a small fish as the saying goes , with that mean mean the big fish in little pound a.k.a Indian movie industry

Don`t try to be Keeanu

Story is stolen from The Last Action Hero , and well Tron some what the only thing origional are two songs by western artist

I wonder who invested in such a silly movie

However , hopefully he recovers some of money back as I am certainly not puting a dime to watch it

I mean if you are doing so well with Indian movies , why try to be Hollywood nonesense , people did mot watch your movies becasue of special effects we sorta want some acting and some dancing and some entertainment

How ever Kareena continues to perform nicely in all roles she is really a talented artist

well people from Afghanistan, pakistan few other middle east countries know/follow more of Sharukh Khan than your Keanu Reeves.
. BTW Keanu was supposed to act as Lord Rama in some bollywood movie ? any news about the same ? :pop:

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:40 PM ----------

One could not switch on TV nowadays without seeing SRK jumping in to promote everything from paint to deodrant in the name of RaOne. I am relived that he didn't converted F1 race track also to a RaOne promotion stage.
and that would have been really lame if he had it done so.

with 600 screens in Germany, 300 screens in South Korea, 25 prints in Taiwan and New Zealand, 75 prints in Russia,[9][80] 79 prints in the Middle East,[8] 344 prints in USA, 51 prints in Australia, 202 prints in the UK and 49 prints in Canada.

Now this is unusual. 600 Prints in Germany, 300 in SK??? Compare that to US and UK prints. Why is that?

stupid stupid stupid movie..i wish someone makes movie on nagraj

nagraj.jpg

The movie is crap but its already a big hit.

Grossed 170 crore just within 5 days,not to forget them money SRK will make through satellite rights and cross promotion's.
This movie is going to set one big record in the history of Indian cinema in terms of revenue.

Back
Top Bottom