What's new

Battles of 1971

Status
Not open for further replies.
A simple but relevant question, specifically for you: -

What do you do on 16th December - Celebrate Bangladesh's Independence day or Mourn the partition of Pakistan and Bangladesh?

Feel free to answer it honestly.:tup:

Honestly I do not celebrate independence by going to so called "Shaid minar" with bunch of flower. This is a shirk practice. There is nothing to celebrate about:tdown:

I honestly do feel sorry for 71 and wish that it never took place but it did. I accept it as our destiny but I do feel that Pak-bangladesh should work together by buried the ugly past.

Pakistanis are ready but some bengali minded bangladeshi got stuck in the past. :angry:

Honestly I do not celebrate independence by going to so called "Shaid minar" with bunch of flower. This is a shirk practice. There is nothing to celebrate about:tdown:

I honestly do feel sorry for 71 and wish that it never took place but it did. I accept it as our destiny but I do feel that Pak-bangladesh should work together by buried the ugly past.

Pakistanis are ready but some bengali minded bangladeshi got stuck in the past. :angry:

What is a Bengali minded Bangladeshi?

Major General Gulam Helal Murshed Khan, Bir Bicrom.

Translation:

On 1971,General Gulam was a young officer at 2nd East Bengal Regiment (Known as Junior tigers)of Pakistan army.
After hearing 7th march's speech of Sheikh Mujib,he sensed that a war was inevitable.He came back to Bangladesh on 21st March and joined priyo paltan 2nd East Bengla Regiment.

On 28th March,along with EBR battled their way through Mymensingh and then Ashuganj and then Sylhet.From 28th March to 19th June,these men of East Bengal Regiment were able to keep this vast area free f.rom occupation.

Instead of conventional war,strategy was changed to guerrilla war fare.On June,he was selected as a Sub-sector commander.They organised people to fight against West Pakistani forces.

F.rom 13th May to 23rd May,the fighting was fierce.Pakistan army's one part was in Sylhet and the other was in Ashuganj(Bhairab).They were trying to link up,but the Freedom fighters were resisting it.

On 13th May,Maj. Gen. Gulam led an ambush with 12 student-turned-fighters.There was unexpected success.4 out of 8 vehicles were destroyed and 50 were killeda and around 40 injured.After the ops. Dhaka-Sylhet route was closed for few days.

Another ambush on this same month,East Bengal Regiment was able to kill 30 soldiers.This is known as 2nd ambush bakshit.It is written on the history of Bangladesh Army's East Bengal Regiment.

On 13th Sep. an ambush on train line,killed 27 more soldiers.

There were many other ops,in which he was a part of with Bangladesh army's Delta company.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am requesting everyone,if you don't have anything to contribute,please don't destroy the thread by posting off-topic posts.

Its nothing about reconciling with Pakistan.We already have a good relation with Pakistan,and both of us are moving forward.But that does not mean we can't remember the history of our liberation war.
As I said before,US and UK are allies,but that didn't stop Americans to stop reading about their freedom struggle.
These histories are written on Bangladesh Army's history archives.Why?Because these are our achievements.Now did that stop our army to stop buying Bakhtar Shikhan ATGMs from Pakistan or recently buying radar system?Did it stop our army men to mingle with them?NO.
And all this interview are from Bangladesh Army's TV show "Onirban".

Knowing history doesn't mean having narrow mentality.Those who does not want to know it,are actually being ignorant.

Last edited:
Honestly, I do not celebrate independence by going to so called "Shaid minar" with bunch of flower. This is a shirk practice. There is nothing to celebrate about:tdown:

Well, that u consider that it's a Shirk practice to place bunch of flowers in 'Shaid minar'.
But it have to remember us that they fought against miss-rule of W. Pak in 71. So we must respect them and pray for them. They are pride of us and sign of braveness of our nation. They fought for our own identity which W.Pak could not understand. They brought dignity to us.

I, personally, respect the Shahid men, but, in the meantime, I feel sad for the separation of 2 wings. Can u imagine, how powerful we could be if we were together today:hitwall:?

If I would exist and had power in that time then I would not let happen this war 71. At first I would urge for stop war for several months by peace agreement and would make a talent team to make ideas to negotiate between. I, strongly, believe it was possible to avoid the war by negotiation, where we had to sacrifice and compromise each other.
But now no scope left but establish such a brotherly relation between us as we could feel that we are/live in same country!

Well, that u consider that it's a Shirk practice to place bunch of flowers in 'Shaid minar'.

[/B]

It's shirk brother. Deceased neither can see us nor care about flowers. They most likely saying 'ya nafsi, ya nafsi".

Allah doesn't like to see too much affection toward dead. Remember we say "Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon"(We belong to Allah and to Him we return.”.) when fellow Muslims die. We are committing great sin by making this ritual practice. :tdown:

Best thing we can do for them is pray to all mighty Allah for forgiveness. :tup:

I will stay away from this thread as I do not wish to make any more trouble for Leo....:cool:

like "Kashmir banega pakistan" soon....
like "gazawa tul hind" soon....
like $#%^$#%^$% soon

You guys are bunch of retards who just can say "soon..........." thats what we have realized and whatever is happening with you is what you have sowed.

you guys sowed the seeds of Bangladesh and now you try to find excuse in India. it was you, your policies and will of people of Bangladesh which formed Bangladesh. come out of the anti India venom which has been fed to you India just helped them fight there battle.

Continue your freedom fighters in kashmir expect the same in balochistan for now then may be punjab, sind, NWPF. you dont do it we wont do it. anyways can you proove it?

Not a really nice way of replying to anyone, even to those who might go down to mudslinging. Let us make an effort to force them to respect us Indians. Please avoid using such words, if possible - only a suggestion.

And don't worry about such words, because over-use of words leads to nothing but inaction. When someone talks like this, I feel more safe about India.

Congrats for All Bangladeshis who put a Valiant fight against Pakistani Army

I have a doubt regarding Bangladesh Air force. India entered the war very late. So who were the soldiers for the Bangladesh Air force? Was it PAF which parted with Bangladesh? But how did Indians gave them war planes before Bangladesh was not declared. Please tell me I just got bit confused.

I agreed with the above comment. As far as I know BAF was non existent at that time.

I agreed with the above comment. As far as I know BAF was non existent at that time.

Khabib BAF was formed in September 1971.See the video by Squadron leader Badrul Alam or search in BAF official website.You will find it there.

Happy Victory Day guys :) ..May god help your country to have more prosperity and more happiness ..

Last edited:
Happy Independence Day guys :) ..May god help your country to have more prosperity and more happiness ..

This is not Independence Day. This is Victory Day that we observer like D-Day. :)

Independence days is 26th Mrach.

This is not Independence Day. This is Victory Day that we observer like D-Day. :)

Independence days is 26th Mrach.

oopsi sorry ..edited the statement ..why take so long to declare Independent??

oopsi sorry ..edited the statement ..why take so long to declare Independent??

Basically it was declared earlier. 26th march of 1971. The same day Operation search light started. Sk. Mujib declared that through a pre recorded message on 25th of March night. President Ziaur Rahman, also declared sometime on 27th of March from Radio. It was also written in the declaration of Independence by the Wartime government on 17th April that year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom