What's new

Battles of 1971

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which radio station you talking about? Kalurghat of Chittagong? It was taken over by then Major Ziaur Rahman (later president of Bangladesh)? The radio station was taken over by him without any fight, later Pakistani army recaptured it but they left with transmitter and they had to take a long walk to India through Jungle. Pakistan army did not pursuit them because they were too many and hilly terrain. I never heard of any women and children in that area at that moment of time.

Neither did I for that matter. Also that bit about 'Indian insurgents with shaven heads and ponytails'. Poor guy, must have seen 36 Chambers of Shaolin once too often!!

dont you guys even get bored of it ......these 1971 threads .......you guys keep creating one every week.......look the war was fought around 40 yrs back - bangladesh and india won....and it does not matter if you won -one battle or not what matters is who won the war.......besides you guys are the ones who are obscessed with 1971......not india which was a victor(we should be actually be bragging about it all over).so please come to terms-bangladesh has come into existance and is to stay.....forget what has happened it the past and think about the war your country is currently wagging against the terrorist scumbags...we had come to terms that pakistan is a reality ever since it was seperated. so i humbly request you guys to stop creating such threads to just create a false sence of victory saying"hey we were sucessfull against the indians in this paticular area which was 1x1 square miles in size but alas we did badly in the other area's...but thats ok we were good at that paticular square mile kodoos to PA fighters in that paticular square mile "

dont you guys even get bored of it ......these 1971 threads .......you guys keep creating one every week.......look the war was fought around 40 yrs back - bangladesh and india won....and it does not matter if you won -one battle or not what matters is who won the war.......besides you guys are the ones who are obscessed with 1971......not india which was a victor(we should be actually be bragging about it all over).so please come to terms-bangladesh has come into existance and is to stay.....forget what has happened it the past and think about the war your country is currently wagging against the terrorist scumbags...we had come to terms that pakistan is a reality ever since it was seperated. so i humbly request you guys to stop creating such threads to just create a false sence of victory saying"hey we were sucessfull against the indians in this paticular area which was 1x1 square miles in size but alas we did badly in the other area's...but thats ok we were good at that paticular square mile kodoos to PA fighters in that paticular square mile "

Do you get bored of 1947?

How many times you read about the battles fought by Bangladeshi freedom fighters?

How many threads are dedicated to only that?

Are you out of your mind??You are saying only India was the victor,man get a history book ASAP.Bangladesh was born because of 1971.You still think India was the only victor?

Its for ignorant people like you there is a need to be more this type of thread.
If we Bangladeshis wouldn't have wanted freedom,there wouldn't have any war at first place.It was always our war,first to bottom.So it means a lot to us.You won't get the feeling.

If you don't have anything to contribute,then don't visit this thread.No one's forcing you.

Neither did I for that matter. Also that bit about 'Indian insurgents with shaven heads and ponytails'. Poor guy, must have seen 36 Chambers of Shaolin once too often!!

I am not surprised at your gloating, basically, an Indian's life floats around Holly/Bolly creations. Suffice to say take your head out of the sand, who knows even you may learn something.

Do you get bored of 1947?

How many times you read about the battles fought by Bangladeshi freedom fighters?

How many threads are dedicated to only that?

Are you out of your mind??You are saying only India was the victor,man get a history book ASAP.Bangladesh was born because of 1971.You still think India was the only victor?

Its for ignorant people like you there is a need to be more this type of thread.
If we Bangladeshis wouldn't have wanted freedom,there wouldn't have any war at first place.It was always our war,first to bottom.So it means a lot to us.You won't get the feeling.

If you don't have anything to contribute,then don't visit this thread.No one's forcing you.

please read carefully-i said bangldesh and india won when i mentioned earlier (see line two). and i said india was"a" victor and "a" was used coz i just wanted to mention only india without dragging in bangladesh.

yes i am bored of 1947 (proud but bored.....cant keep living in the past for ever if we want to grow ...i am looking to what my country will achieve in 2047)

This is a misery thread. A black history for SA's muslim unity. Faster we forget this debacle is better for our future generation. Pakistan has left long ago hence Bangaldesh doesn’t need to remember this episode to shape our future.

We either forget the fast and build solid brotherly realtion with pakistan or stuck in the past without having any realtion with them at all.

No point of reawakening this saga that muslims were killed by mushrik with help from muslims.

please read carefully-i said bangldesh and india won when i mentioned earlier (see line two). and i said india was"a" victor and "a" was used coz i just wanted to mention only india without dragging in bangladesh.

yes i am bored of 1947 (proud but bored.....cant keep living in the past for ever if we want to grow ...i am looking to what my country will achieve in 2047)

Sorry for missing that out.

Our 38th victory day is on 16th dec.So at least on this occassion we should remember it.
And I am not going for reasons why 1971 war occured,but how the battles were fought by freedom fighters.
We have so many threads discussing Battles from Indian and Pakistani perspective,so why not one from our perspective?

This is a misery thread. A black history for SA's muslim unity. Faster we forget this debacle is better for our future generation. Pakistan has left long ago hence Bangaldesh doesn’t need to remember this episode to shape our future.

We either forget the fast and build solid brotherly realtion with pakistan or stuck in the past without having any realtion with them at all.

No point of reawakening this saga that muslims were killed by mushrik with help from muslims.

I beg to differ Zakir Bhai.The so called unity "vapourised" on 25th March 1971.Rest you know the story.

Britain and US are allies,but that doesn't mean Americans don't read about their history of independence.

...the young soldier fired a single shot from his hip, it was reported the G-3 round pierced through seven insurgents and the bullet lodged into the eighth victim. Later in the war, in the Western sector, a Pakistani ground observer shot down an Indian Mystere fighter aircraft with a burst from his G-3 Rifle.
Apparently physics ceases to exist in the rifles of the 'Martial race'.

I beg to differ Zakir Bhai.The so called unity "vapourised" on 25th March 1971.Rest you know the story.

Britain and US are allies,but that doesn't mean Americans don't read about their history of independence.

People like you will always live in the past without even knowing much about it. Your freedom father alas Bangla Bandhu ended up getting assassinated for reasons best known to you, your partner in crime is involved in a low intensity border skirmishes with you. A while back, Bangladesh Samity (Scotland) had invited an ex-Mukti guy to participate and deliver a speech on his experiences but the guy called Makul who was visiting from the States refused to participate as he accused the Samity of capatalising on the issue for personal gains as seemingly none of the Samity members even participated in the struggle. You have every right to celebrate and enjoy your independence day, but please don't push it.

People like you will always live in the past without even knowing much about it. Your freedom father alas Bangla Bandhu ended up getting assassinated for reasons best known to you, your partner in crime is involved in a low intensity border skirmishes with you. A while back, Bangladesh Samity (Scotland) had invited an ex-Mukti guy to participate and deliver a speech on his experiences but the guy called Makul who was visiting from the States refused to participate as he accused the Samity of capatalising on the issue for personal gains as seemingly none of the Samity members even participated in the struggle. You have every right to celebrate and enjoy your independence day, but please don't push it.

First of all,Its not Bangla Bondhu but BangaBandhu.And reasons for his assassination is irrelevant to 1971 war.Unless anyone suggests Bhutto took revenge of 1971.

And regarding your experience,its nothing new that many people after the liberation wanted to get the extra benefits of Freedom fighters,and so for their personal gains,they claimed they too fought in the war.We know about these kind of frauds,its nothing new.

And all these stories I am posting here,are from Bangladesh armed forces servicemen.Some even mentioned in Armed forces website.So I have my things checked out.

Remembering and learning about past,does not mean living in past.If that was the case no one would read history.

I didn't force you to read this,if you don't like don't read,that's it.

Last edited:

A simple but relevant question, specifically for you: -

What do you do on 16th December - Celebrate Bangladesh's Independence day or Mourn the partition of Pakistan and Bangladesh?

Feel free to answer it honestly.:tup:

Battle of Bhairab

This is a reconstruction of the original battle.But some of the signs of the battle are still evident at Bhairab.

The fighting was fierce.Pakistani troops were divided at two places,one at sylhet and the other at Ashuganj.They tried to link up through Bhairab.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom