What's new

Bangladesh to be the world’s largest prison?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe you may be from an affluent background, so you are not exposed to the harsh realities of life that a poor Bangladeshi faces, so much so that he will face BSF bullets to cross over to India. Come to my place in South India, which is more than 2000 km from BD border and you will find Bangladeshi boys working mostly in restaurants as cleaners and dailywage workers.So I advise you to get your head from your a** and start face the reality of how much mess your country is in.

Muhahahahah... dude you need to look for your head first...

I believe you may be from an affluent background, so you are not exposed to the harsh realities of life that a poor Bangladeshi faces, so much so that he will face BSF bullets to cross over to India. Come to my place in South India, which is more than 2000 km from BD border and you will find Bangladeshi boys working mostly in restaurants as cleaners and dailywage workers.

So I advise you to get your head from your a** and start face the reality of how much mess your country is in.

OK. Mr citizen of super-rich India that has a life expectancy of 64 years as opposed to 67 years in BD. Some of you Indians are beyond pathetic.

Btw, there was a report posted a while back that 500,000 Indians are living in BD. Why would a mega-rich state like India have its citizens go to BD when it is a mega-prosperous paradise?

Think about these things before you post any more nonsense.

Thats probably Assamese girls find them attractive... :undecided:
Afterall hardworking tan body.. who can beat tat??

yeah right they find it attractive to live a bangladeshi who stink dont have money, lives in slums and drains, wears 2m long lungi with 200 holes hellava attractive. they show thier love by getting them beaten by thier bfs or brother and dont forget aaau is always there waiting for a opportunity to beat the crap out of those a@# holes.

Even a small island nation like Maldives finds Bangladeshi Immigrants a big Headache?
--------------------------

The tiny South Asian island state of Maldives, according to a FE report, plans to deport Bangladeshis working or staying there illegally. The deportation decision has, reportedly, come following continuous entry of illegal Bangladeshi workers to that country, having a population of only 400,000. According to the Maldivian foreign minister, the number of Bangladeshis in his country is around 50,000 now and one-third of them are either working or staying there illegally. The minister has urged Dhaka to take appropriate steps to stop illegal migration to the Maldives, which, he said has become a thriving business for unscrupulous manpower recruiting agencies.

The decision of the Maldivian authorities to deport illegal Bangladeshi nationals should be considered quite embarrassing for Bangladesh. However, the incidence of deportation of illegal Bangladeshi workers from the countries of the Middle East, South East Asia and Europe is not infrequent. It does take place within or beyond the knowledge of the authorities concerned in Dhaka. But the issue of deportation is neither taken seriously nor does it give rise to any feeling of embarrassment here.

Hundreds of thousands Bangladesh nationals are working in countries across the world, with their heavy concentration in the Middle East and Southeast Asia and remitting more than $10 billion a year, a vital economic lifeline of the country. However, a good number of them are illegal workers having no valid work permits. But remittance coming from such illegal workers has been not without a cost. The illegal workers, who generally enter carrying tourist visas and overstay, are not liked by the authorities of the countries where they are employed. This has created a sort of image problem for Bangladesh in the outside world.

One may like it or not but the fact remains that because of the illegal entry or overstay of Bangladeshis, the immigration officials at many international airports do not show proper courtesy to Bangladesh passport-holders. On occasions even holders of valid visas are deliberately subjected to hassles. The issue of illegal Bangladeshi workers loudly indicates to two factors--- lack of employment opportunities at home and highhandedness of the unscrupulous manpower agents. The problem of unemployment or under-employment is an economic issue having wider implications and it cannot be resolved overnight.

Most Bangladeshi migrant workers are unskilled and the state has not been able to create the conditions for facilitating jobs even for a fraction of the unemployed unskilled or semi-skilled people. The same is true in the case of educated workforce. However, the service sector, which now contributes more than 50 per cent of the GDP, has been absorbing a substantial number of professionals, skilled and unskilled workers. Yet without ensuring adequate investment both by the private and public sectors, the problem of unemployment, which has been a proven-source of many social ills, would continue to stay.

The government, however, if it desires so, can, at least, deal with rogue manpower agents who lure unsuspecting unskilled workers and send them abroad with false visas or work permits. Such illegal workers do always remain vulnerable to police torture and many other dangers. Death stalks them while they try to enter countries in Europe or Southeast Asia illegally using sea or land routes. But the authorities here other than cancellation of a few licences have done nothing to mete out strong punishment to evil manpower agents. Exemplary punishment, it is felt, would help curb the sending of workers abroad with forged documents, to a large extent.

Deportation of illegal Bangladeshi workers

he protest on fence was because of constructing
a structure inside 150 feets of the border which
is by law not agreed. It has military perceptions.

Which Law?

yeah right they find it attractive to live a bangladeshi who stink dont have money, lives in slums and drains, wears 2m long lungi with 200 holes hellava attractive. they show thier love by getting them beaten by thier bfs or brother and dont forget aaau is always there waiting for a opportunity to beat the crap out of those a@# holes.

So these guys hitting on your girls..? Thats pathetic. I am utterly sad for your sorry condition...

he tiny South Asian island state of Maldives, according to a FE report, plans to deport Bangladeshis working or staying there illegally. The deportation decision has, reportedly, come following continuous entry of illegal Bangladeshi workers to that country, having a population of only 400,000. According to the Maldivian foreign minister, the number of Bangladeshis in his country is around 50,000 now and one-third of them are either working or staying there illegally. The minister has urged Dhaka to take appropriate steps to stop illegal migration to the Maldives, which, he said has become a thriving business for unscrupulous manpower recruiting agencies.

Myanmar, India are finding illegal Bangladeshis a bother.

And they (Bangladeshis) have not even left such a small country as Maldives?

Enterprising in the game and fame of being illegals.

The protest on fence was because of constructing a structure inside 150 feets of the border which
is by law not agreed. It has military perceptions.

There are places where it is 150 feet away from border, but it causes unnecessary hassle for both Indians and bangladeshis.
Indians have to cross the fence to go to their land and bangladeshis have to respect the invisible border.
A few bangladeshis/indians died because they could not see the invisible border at night.

Myanmar, India are finding illegal Bangladeshis a bother.

And they have not even left Maldives?

Enterprising in the game and fame of being illegals.

Maldives is the richest country in the sub continent. It does make sense some Bangladeshis to find job there. Its hell lot of money you can make there. You will find no less Indian there either.

And Myanmar finding illegal Bangladeshis??? Dude you are just nothing but Jokes. We are feeding more than 1/2 million of their refugees for wayyy long.

Maldives is the richest country in the sub continent. It does make sense some Bangladeshis to find job there. Its hell lot of money you can make there. You will find no less Indian there either.

And Myanmar finding illegal Bangladeshis??? Dude you are just nothing but Jokes. We are feeding more than 1/2 million of their refugees for wayyy long.

Richest country in what way?

GDP?

That is hardly an honest way to cover up illegality of Bangladeshis in Maldives.

US is the richest in the world.

Go West young man as the saying goes in the US.

I am sure you have heard of it.

Richest country in what way?

GDP?

That is hardly an honest way to cover up illegality of Bangladeshis in Maldives.

US is the richest in the world.

Go West young man as the saying goes in the US.

I am sure you have heard of it.

Yes GDP/Capita. Do you know how much you could make in Maldives.
Maldives are not bothered by Bangladeshi rather they are in process of legalising everybody. Not only that they are for taking more Bangladeshis from here. We are doing what we can for them as well. Now GOB is building the first University in Maldives. We extended all our diplomatic mission for them so that they can use that as their consulate office. We offered them sand as much as they want so that they can face the rising sea level. Who knows, may be someday we will form a confederation.

Maldives president quoted Sheikh Hasina as his mother... It came from deep affection and love. :cheesy:

Illegals dont bother about per capita income when they want to enter another country. They are bothered about how easy to get in, whether they will earn more money than they can now. For them it is like going to dhaka, only in another country.
Many from myanmar would prefer to stay in europe than BD, but it is out of bound for such large number of people.

I saw a documentary recently where people shell out nearly 8000 pound for coming to UK. How many from BD can afford it?

Yes GDP/Capita. Do you know how much you could make in Maldives.
Maldives are not bothered by Bangladeshi rather they are in process of legalising everybody. Not only that they are for taking more Bangladeshis from here. We are doing what we can for them as well. Now GOB is building the first University in Maldives. We extended all our diplomatic mission for them so that they can use that as their consulate office. We offered them sand as much as they want so that they can face the rising sea level. Who knows, may be someday we will form a confederation.

No, I would not know how much I would make in the Maldives.

Haven't gone there legally or illegally to work or as a tourist.

This much I know is that even the legal Bangladeshis in Maldives are up in, what the Americans so descriptive state, - creek.

Now here is what the Bangaldeshi ambassador had to say

Exploitation of foreign workers rivals fishing as the second most profitable sector of the Maldivian economy after tourism, according to conservative estimates of the number of Bangladeshi workers showing up at their commission in Male’ after being abandoned at the airport by unscrupulous employment agents.

Former Bangladeshi High Commissioner to the Maldives, Professor Selina Muhsin, who finished her assignment in July, told Minivan News that every day 40 Bangladeshi nationals were turning up at reception, “having come to the Maldives and found they have nothing to do. So naturally they come here to the High Commission.”

Most of the stranded workers were recruited in rural areas of Bangladesh by local brokers, who would work alongside a Maldivian counterpart.

Exploitation of Bangladeshi workers worth hundreds of millions, says former High Commissioner « Maldivian Democracy Network

From the same article and it is not Indian, it goes on to state:

Most cases that arrive at the High Commission involve trafficked workers. The problem is large enough to have attracted the attention of the US State Department, which placed the Maldives on its watch-list for human trafficking following what it described as the government’s “failure to investigate or prosecute trafficking-related offenses or take concrete actions to protect trafficking victims and prevent trafficking in the Maldives.”

In its 2010 Human Trafficking report - published less than a month after the Maldives was given a seat on the UN Human Rights Council – the State Department estimated that half the Bangladeshis in the Maldives had arrived illegally “and most of these workers are probably victims of trafficking”.

It highlighted the construction and service sectors as primary offenders, and noted the prevalence of “fraudulent recruitment practices, confiscation of identity and travel documents, withholding or non-payment of wages, and debt bondage.”

Most trafficking in the country involves exploitation of foreign labour, according to Professor Muhsin, “but in extreme cases it has been for prostitution.”

After repatriating a Bangladeshi girl who had been forced into prostitution in the Maldives, Professor Muhsin ceased attesting work permits for Bangladeshi women altogether.

“I said I would allow no more women. I will not allow any more Bangladeshi women to come to the Maldives because they are used for the wrong purposes. I have even met young boys who work in houses and are physically assaulted. I have spoken to people to whom this has happened: I told one guy, just give me a complaint and I will catch the person. But he was too scared [of retaliation].”

Illegals dont bother about per capita income when they want to enter another country. They are bothered about how easy to get in, whether they will earn more money than they can now. For them it is like going to dhaka, only in another country.
Many from myanmar would prefer to stay in europe than BD, but it is out of bound for such large number of people.

I saw a documentary recently where people shell out nearly 8000 pound for coming to UK. How many from BD can afford it?

Its all about cost/benifit. 8000 pound is nothing for going to UK from here while they are paying 4000 pounds to go to Saudi Arabia. They just sell a piece of land (land is expensive as hell) and board a plane. Most of them after certain period of time, leave their job and start their own business and send hell lot of money back home. So they dont bother paying money to go there.
My friend is in Manpower business and he said he could only make 25000 Taka, 400 dollar by recruiting 50 Indians because they cant afford to even pay for their passport. While he could make 50 lacs if he could take people from Bangladesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom